VIP member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2018 at 05:37
Rouge
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2018 at 05:45
some.. ummm... ODD choices in there in terms of titans haha.

whatever.. you at least gave us one good true option.

CttE
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2018 at 06:13
Tough one - Hemispheres today, but could be CTTE, WYWH, Red, Moonmadness, Selling England any other day! 😀

Edited by Squonk19 - March 10 2018 at 14:25
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”
Magnum Vaeltaja View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2018 at 07:14
Just realized that I never actually voted in my own poll. 

The two Yes ones are my two favourites (followed by VDGG and KC, the rest I'm more or less impartial to, or outright dislike). Went with Fragile as I find it to be the fresher sounding of the two, and CTTE is doing well enough on its own.
when i was a kid a doller was worth ten dollers - now a doller couldnt even buy you fifty cents
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2018 at 12:24
Red again.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2018 at 19:14
People seriously need to get over "Red." I'm beginning to think it's one of the most over rated prog albums.

Title track - very repetitive and doesn't really go anywhere. The cellos in the middle are nice but the song just goes around in circles which is fine but at over six minutes it's a bit much.

Fallen Angel- Nice romantic song. Not as good as "exiles" but nice enough. The second best track on the album. Still, it doesn't really compare to their best songs.

One more red nightmare-It's ok but come on. The only thing the song has going for it is the guitar riff. The clap sound is rather annoying too don't you think? 

Providence- Not even their best improv piece. It's really not much better than moonchild. At least the first two minutes of moonchild had a melody but this one just sort of meanders. It brings the album down even more.

Starless - For me this is the album's saving grace but by itself doesn't elevate the album to the masterpiece status it seems to get. One of KC's best tracks? Sure and it's by far the best thing on the album.

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - March 10 2018 at 19:15
Prog Sothoth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2018 at 20:54
Tough but Close to the Edge wins out.
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2018 at 22:53
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

People seriously need to get over "Red." I'm beginning to think it's one of the most over rated prog albums.

Title track - very repetitive and doesn't really go anywhere. The cellos in the middle are nice but the song just goes around in circles which is fine but at over six minutes it's a bit much.

Fallen Angel- Nice romantic song. Not as good as "exiles" but nice enough. The second best track on the album. Still, it doesn't really compare to their best songs.

One more red nightmare-It's ok but come on. The only thing the song has going for it is the guitar riff. The clap sound is rather annoying too don't you think? 

Providence- Not even their best improv piece. It's really not much better than moonchild. At least the first two minutes of moonchild had a melody but this one just sort of meanders. It brings the album down even more.

Starless - For me this is the album's saving grace but by itself doesn't elevate the album to the masterpiece status it seems to get. One of KC's best tracks? Sure and it's by far the best thing on the album.
I totally disagree with you. I have listened Red really much and still itīs the KC best album together with In the Court to me. Providence is only a little weak track to me, but really like Wettons basses in it. I just think in Red are all the great of KC, really monsterous riffs, absolutely beauty and also itīs one of their tightest played albums. But naturally everybody just donīt have to think same way as I.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2018 at 13:10
Originally posted by Mortte Mortte wrote:

Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

I totally disagree with you. I have listened Red really much and still itīs the KC best album together with In the Court to me. Providence is only a little weak track to me, but really like Wettons basses in it. I just think in Red are all the great of KC, really monsterous riffs, absolutely beauty and also itīs one of their tightest played albums. But naturally everybody just donīt have to think same way as I.

I loved it as a teen but tastes change. To be fair I haven't heard it in a while. I don't think I'll ever outgrow the insanity of LTIA though. That's my favorite KC. Also, I'm not saying "Red" is bad just that I think these days it seems very over rated. 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - March 12 2018 at 13:11
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2018 at 13:46
^Why you think itīs overrated? Because people still love it and gives it votes, although you donīt like it as much as before? There are three albums over it, so it really doesnīt seem to be overrated here. I personally think Yes Close to the Edge is overrated, but thatīs just my personal opinion, I have always prefer more the Yes Album and Fragile. But as itīs just my opinion, I canīt really say itīs truly overrated, I think I just canīt find the same greatness as others.
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2018 at 08:08
Fragile. Always Fragile.

But what a decade the 70's were.

Pretty good batch of LP's there.
maryes View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2018 at 18:02
All masterpieces but... Close to the Edge wins !
Walkscore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2018 at 21:09
Really tough poll, all great albums. 

I really like Providence - so much unresolved tension, the perfect precursor to the finale Starless. The second half of Starless is so musical, among the top 3 pieces of music ever in my opinion.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2018 at 21:52
Originally posted by zravkapt zravkapt wrote:

'Spectral Hackett' LOL

Yeah, that was either a typo or someone was trying to be cutesie. Wink
Dopeydoc View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2018 at 16:38
Close to the edge, but Selling England, Red and Wish you were here are also master pieces
Titans for sure...
DeadSouls View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2018 at 11:55
Red
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123