Topic ClosedDjamra at Nakatsu Vi-Code 6.2.2016

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Djamra at Nakatsu Vi-Code 6.2.2016
    Posted: February 06 2016 at 22:07

February 6, 2016 ... cold and wild wind blew here and there in Osaka, but there was something hot, enthusiastic at Nakatsu Vi-Code. Yepp we attended a fantastic (and first in 2016) gig of our Japanese jazz rock pride DJAMRA here. What an amazement.

Awesome rollercoaster rock explosion!

Masaharu "WAI" NAKAKITA (bass) was active, funny, and funky as well ... his talk makes us lol always meh

And please let me mention I'd not joined their gig since a superb guitarist Yoshinori SEKI (aka SEKIPON) replaced an ex-saxophonist Shinji KITAMURA ... so interested in their newer soundscape with a new instrument (and without any saxophone - one of their stars). Woohoo Sekipon played excellently and his guitar sounds said DJAMRA would see another light called as a heavy jazz rock.

LOOK! What a smooth but powerful, intensive, excessive play!

Surprisingly (and obviously) Yoshinori has lots of technical variations and perfect skills for guitar play ... sometimes heavy, sometimes metallic, sometimes jazzy, and heartwarming, sincere appearances we could hear with much pleasure. He always played guitar strictly "without any difficulty showed" upon such a multi-rhythmic distorted phrase created by Djamrers (never danceable!).

Sayaka KAWADA (trumpet)

Needless to say, every member launched his/her sound art perfectly, and at least for me, it looks like Sayaka KAWADA (trumpet), only one wind instrument (and female) player, would make herself more attractive as a key player of a jazz rock combo. Her identity had got much development and apparent charisma I imagine. My pleasure indeed.

No prob they got confused and a tad made a slip upon the last phrase of Komurakaeri ... yeah just kiddin' I'm sure.

Akihiro "ENON" ENOMOTO (drums, percussion) ... sadly he said he had been ignored by his kid upon the departure for this gig, SO SAD TO SAY.

Takehiko FUKUDA (keyboards) ... every melody-line via his hands was beautiful, contrary to their snakey musical phrases lol

Above mentioned, we the audience were driven crazy by their "heavier, more rock-ish" theater on stage. Their playlist was as follows;

1. Kamihitoe
2. Assassin In Sin
3. Taiwa No Kanosei (Possibility for conversation) (composed by Hiviya Katan)
4. Komurakaeri
5. Ash*tsuri Pierrot (Pierrot's Foot Goes Into Convulsions)

And at last DJAMRA and two opening acts (Akuju and Paradiska) gave us an improvised session play titled "Oni (Japanese ogre)" named after a Japanese custom "Setsubun" (for inviting happiness and kicking unhappiness away, with scattering soybeans) ... a rollercoaster jazz rock blow by DJAMRA had got blended with a jazzy atmosphere by Akuju and a post-rock-ish touch by Paradiska. What an awesome improvisation really.

Akuju

Paradiska

Djamra

6. Oni (Japanese ogre) (by DJAMRA / AKUJU / PARADISKA)

And all stars played enthusiastically!

Thanks to all Djamrers for inviting us the audience to such a special moment. Big smile
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2016 at 05:13
Thanks for the review and pics Keishiro
I wish I'd been there but alas Japan is a long ways from the northern part of Jutland.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2016 at 01:07
Thanks David.

Do hope they will have a gig around Europe and we will get drenched in absinthe together w/ "BOTTOMS UP FRIEND!" Big smile
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2016 at 03:01
Found such a fantastic video.

6. Oni (Japanese ogre) (by DJAMRA / AKUJU / PARADISKA)

Cool
 Post Reply Post Reply