Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Unsigned Bands
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How bad is my band?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ignis rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2016 at 04:02
Yup. Found it on apple music. 
Didn't think of looking there at first, since you implied it wasn't really a finished product.
Lot of nice parts in this one.
How was working with Mark Zonder?
Star_Song_Age_Less View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Star_Song_Age_Less Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2016 at 00:15
Ignis, "Yellow Majesty" is freaking awesome.  Make more music.  Lots more.
https://www.facebook.com/JamieKernMusic
Ignis rex View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ignis rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2016 at 15:41
Thank you!
Well, yeah, I/we want to make more music, and we have made a bit of music, but it is so hard to get anyone to release anything these days.. And we can't really afford going to studios a lot, or to get the music properly mixed.. But we are trying to make something happen.
I will probably make some more demo-recordings available now and then, cause its more fun than to just sit on it. 
Star_Song_Age_Less View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Star_Song_Age_Less Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2016 at 20:14
^Believe me, I understand that struggle.  We live in an age when music is tied almost inextricably with image, and the companies have found that image sells.  It's tough to hit that sweet spot in which an image allows you to break through the massive difficulty of getting your music heard.  From what I heard, the sound quality is already very good.  Is this something one of you is able to do at home, or are these all preliminary studio mixes?

I have been doing mine by spacing studio visits very few and far between - don't really make enough money to do a lot in any one go.  And I have very little in the way of home recording equipment.  My home products sound miserable.

Your band reminds me of Type O Negative (whom I greatly enjoy) but with a much greater degree of variation.  There was one song - I will have to listen again to remember which - but the guitarist suddenly slid in out of nowhere with a gloriously soaring solo.  In moments like that you have a genuinely moving quality that eclipses any similarity you have with other gothic-style bands I've heard.  You have something with staying power here, in my opinion.
https://www.facebook.com/JamieKernMusic
Ignis rex View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ignis rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2018 at 17:10
In case anyone are interested.
New name, new music, new year. Old people..

But there are a few tunes on soundcloud.. And since we are still improving, I feel its still ok to spread the word..

https://soundcloud.com/faunanaut

This time..   I can almost promise, that it is pretty good.. Though maybe not overly proggy..
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2018 at 17:12
hahaha.. ah man. I remember you.. and this thread. You maxed out the catchy scale...

I'll check that out after I finish the CS&N album.. and see if you have gotten any better. haha
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
jayem View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2018 at 08:42
Those black & white px seem to be excerpts from a non colorized WWI doc : do you plan to produce phonograph music !?

Aaah yeah time hasn't honed my tastes : Toxic and Solace Sun keep my word and support ! Relaxed yet powerful voice tone on straightforward but spicy music. A singing style akin to classic New Wave Brit Metal singers, but an octave lower. Some intonations remind me of Morten Harket but don't throw up at this please, the guy is World Class, top ears, 5 octaves span, great variety of tones etc

Now let's leave comments to the Connoysseurs !!

Edited by jayem - April 20 2018 at 13:57
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2018 at 08:50
damn.. forgot to check this out last night..
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Ignis rex View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ignis rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2018 at 12:18
No phonograph on the horizon..
Doomed to exist only on soundcloud for the time being..

No offense taken on the A-ha comparison.
Love some of their albums, and vocal performances.
Scoundrel days especially.

jayem View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2018 at 14:04
Thumbs Up My Bandcamp collection (where most of my latest happy discoveries are to be found), is waiting for your band to register there (but of course I can cope with anywhere you post)...
Davesax1965 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2018 at 09:36
Good but very badly mixed, I'm afraid !! 

jayem View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2018 at 12:51
Isn't that a matter of mindset + taste ?... What bothers you there ?...
jayem View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2018 at 13:15
Ah ...Having the lines more in front with EQing to more presence (sound more clearly shaped = more proximity, esp less drowed in reverb)... It won't hurt to have a try anyway.

Edited by jayem - April 21 2018 at 13:21
Ignis rex View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ignis rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2018 at 07:51
We booked a local studio for a weekend.. And had to get everything recorded, mixed and "mastered" during that time. So there was not much time to second Guess anything..

Myself, I am more annoyed by some of the song-arrangements than the sound..  But we did not have very high hopes for great sound, so we actually got positively surprised With the result..

And, I dont know anything about mixing, so I must leave that to other People anyway.

jayem View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2018 at 12:13
Editing in studio can be very expensive but if anyone in/around the band is ever interested in revisiting your pieces, you can expect to get all the takes from the studio – that is, before their archives become too fat and they get rid of old recordings – for very low cost, if not for free... Total control on one's stuff forever , all available within a couple of clicks on one's computer is how good life can be nowadays
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12