FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAmerican Politics the 2016 edition

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899 146>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2016 at 14:20
don't give up on my babe Hillary in Utah! Thumbs Up 30% just may be enough to win the state this year if the haters split their 70% 3 (2.5 haha)  ways. I'd say at this point... either of the 3 could win it.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2016 at 14:25
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

The house was never realistically gunna happen

I don't think the Repubican party is in a panic and afraid of losing the house for no reason... it most certainly can happen... I think it hinges on GOP turnout. Remember my posts back several pages... the days of split tickets have been eroding.. straight ballot voting has been increasing.. as I also showed.. by almost a 2-1 margin that has been for Democrats voting for Republican house members...

2016? do you think those trends will reverse LOL  I suspect strongly they will accelerate.... if so AND if there is any measurably drop off in Republican turnouit... ummm.. which we are seeing signs of with early voting... it is more than possible...
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2016 at 00:03
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

don't give up on my babe Hillary in Utah! Thumbs Up 30% just may be enough to win the state this year if the haters split their 70% 3 (2.5 haha)  ways. I'd say at this point... either of the 3 could win it.

Nah, first Dems don't always even manage 30% there and second, with more than 2 options now people may feel less pressure to vote Clinton as the lesser of two evils. Looking at the polling, I see Trump, Johnson AND Clinton all took dives as McMullin started rising. http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/utah/
 Seems some Hillary votes have been lost to him, which indicates to me some of her support has probably been "lesser of two evils" in UT. Why else would her numbers fall as well? 

Also Gary is indeed tanking. Look at that drop, half his polling numbers wiped out in under a month. Again he may have been a less bad option for people, but his social liberalism, especially being pro choice, probably was uncomfortable. With McMullin, many anti Trumpers have a much more comfortable option. I dont forsee a 4 way race. 

Clinton has a better chance of winning Texas than UtahLOL

Edited by JJLehto - October 27 2016 at 00:17
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2016 at 00:15
Originally posted by LearsFool LearsFool wrote:

^ Just as I've been predicting. Also helps McMullin that Johnson is now tanking in the polls nationwide.

For sure, Gary was the only real option for Anti Trump Republicans, McMullin provides a far more comfortable one. My old Republican roommate has been 100% for Gary ever since Trump sealed the nomination. He now is going to write in McMullin.
Shame he's focused entirely on Utah. Imagine if he was able to launch a large scale campaign and gain name recognition months ago? Could've had a legitimate 3 way race
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2016 at 14:46
really cool story today....

I have a customer of mine..  I've mentioned her a few times in the forum.. my #1 customer.  A wonderful sweet 89 yr. old widow that has been my customer for years now. She asked me to come by to take a look at something I installed for her a couple of years ago that wasn't working.  I had a feeling I knew what the problem was, but since I hadn't seen her since last year I jumped at the chance to see her again so I headed over there this morning.  Sure enough it was simple to fix... the kid she hires to do her yard work did something to it.. so we sad down and had some coffee and chatted for an hour or so (no way I was charging her for the visit so I was on my time.. ie.. company time and put my time on another job  haha). 

Bless that woman.. she was so excited to show me her 'I voted' sticker and we talked long about how she never ever thought she'd ever see a woman as President of the United States and hoped she had another 12 days left in her.. or a couple of months to see Hillary formally become President.  As if I didn't love her enough already...  I might have to ask Raff to whip up a special Cheesecake again for her and take it to her on the day after the election hahaha. Thumbs Up
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2016 at 14:48
We (and by 'we' I mean civilization) haven't won yet. All people have to go out and vote. I know polls tell one story and analysts like Nate Silver at 538 give civilization an 85% chance of winning but please don't ever underestimate Deplorability. 
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2016 at 14:50
By the way and it should be said: the vote itself in many cases is a "vote against" situation but I'm very confident to say I actively like HRC. So I'm voting "for". I know you do too Micky. Nowadays it is ridiculous how saying that it's almost as shameful for some as saying the actively like the alternative. 
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2016 at 14:59
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

Nah, first Dems don't always even manage 30% there and second, with more than 2 options now people may feel less pressure to vote Clinton as the lesser of two evils. Looking at the polling, I see Trump, Johnson AND Clinton all took dives as McMullin started rising. http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/utah/
 Seems some Hillary votes have been lost to him, which indicates to me some of her support has probably been "lesser of two evils" in UT. Why else would her numbers fall as well? 

Also Gary is indeed tanking. Look at that drop, half his polling numbers wiped out in under a month. Again he may have been a less bad option for people, but his social liberalism, especially being pro choice, probably was uncomfortable. With McMullin, many anti Trumpers have a much more comfortable option. I dont forsee a 4 way race. 

Clinton has a better chance of winning Texas than UtahLOL

iof course she does have a better chance of wining Texas...  I give her a 40% chance.. note.. there are over 1 million latino voters registered in Texas in 2016.. that weren't in 2012.  And they are voting... and not for Trump.  The polling is within the margin of error.. and do agree with some..  I think Clinton may be under polling her actual support.  Not to mention undecided breaking her way as the safe.. known choice and the old lesser of two evils people love to talk about LOL

that said.. duh...she has less a chance in Utah Wink.. as I said.. 1 in 3..  if you'll note. .and 538 has noted it as well. American voters have a long affair of saying one thing with regards to 3rd party candidates and polling.. yet hating when they arrive at the box hating the notion of wasting their vote. Funny how all that support goes poof... 

though in all honesty... everyone and their dog knows this election is baked.. so yeah... McMullin could win it. Or Hillary could the state.. my prediction actually is Trump takes 3rd place there.. since the election isn't going to be close..  less likely that the anti-Clinton vote would feel they had to drink from the punchbowl full of piss that would be for a Morman.. voting for Trump.  Those people are hardcore man.. and Trump is pretty much against about everything that faith stands for.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2016 at 15:10
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

By the way and it should be said: the vote itself in many cases is a "vote against" situation but I'm very confident to say I actively like HRC. So I'm voting "for". I know you do too Micky. Nowadays it is ridiculous how saying that it's almost as shameful for some as saying the actively like the alternative. 

oh sure.. I tried as best i could to lay out what I personally thought of Hillary. Is she flawless.. of course not... but I do fully support her.  No.. she is not going to be the one to cure the finanical ills of fhe nation... though as I noted much eariler in the thread... she may have no choice as she will find the liberal wing of her own party as hard (if not harder) to deal with that the Republicans in Congress.

Where I fully support her is her proven over 30 years in public service.. and many more before that in the private sector.. of trying to raise those this country and society left behind.

compassion.. a word many Americans have lost sight of in our survival of the fittest frontier mentality... as out of date as the 2nd Amendment itself.. which puts me at odds with most.. hell..most ALL gun enthusiasts LOL
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2016 at 15:18
I give my progressive friends from across the ocean a warm warm embrace full of HOPE  Hug - may the force be with you next 11/8   (or:  may God have mercy of all of us)
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2016 at 15:23
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

We (and by 'we' I mean civilization) haven't won yet. All people have to go out and vote. I know polls tell one story and analysts like Nate Silver at 538 give civilization an 85% chance of winning but please don't ever underestimate Deplorability. 

Teo.. dude...  you should know America by now. If America loves one thing.. it is a winner.. being on the winning side.  Name me one instance in our history where people stayed at home and declined to celebrate with a winner.   You've surely seen the early voting numbers.. Democrats are turning out the vote in record numbers.

As far as Silver's numbers...  bullsh*t... as usual.  Take this situation as we are at here on 27 October and replay it 100 times...  and there will perhaps the one chance Trump wins after the videotape of Hillary drowning a litter of cute puppies cheered on by a bunch of muslims while chanting death to America..

that is about all it take to swing every single swing state in which he is either losing or merely a dead heat with HIllary...to the Trump column.. which is what he would need to do to win at this point...

85%... that is the percentage of Hillary having a landslide win versus a tight win IMO.... I'd put Trump's chances.. at the chances of said video coming out... less than 1%. 

Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2016 at 17:16

I have a customer of mine..  I've mentioned her a few times in the forum.. my #1 customer.  A wonderful sweet 89 yr. old widow that has been my customer for years now. She asked me to come by to take a look at something I installed for her a couple of years ago that wasn't working.  I had a feeling I knew what the problem was, but since I hadn't seen her since last year I jumped at the chance to see her again so I headed over there this morning.  Sure enough it was simple to fix... the kid she hires to do her yard work did something to it.. so we sad down and had some coffee and chatted for an hour or so (no way I was charging her for the visit so I was on my time.. ie.. company time and put my time on another job  haha). 

Bless that woman.. she was so excited to show me her 'I voted' sticker and we talked long about how she never ever thought she'd ever see a woman as President of the United States and hoped she had another 12 days left in her.. or a couple of months to see Hillary formally become President.  As if I didn't love her enough already...  I might have to ask Raff to whip up a special Cheesecake again for her and take it to her on the day after the election hahaha. Thumbs Up

Lovely story.  Just make sure you do give her the cheesecake after the election, that stuff'll kill her.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
AZF View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2016 at 13:25
I don't even live in America and said I wouldn't get involved but...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/fbi-re-opens-investigation-hillary-9147479

See, if you'd stuck with Bernie Sanders this wouldn't be quite the farce it's turning into!

Edited by AZF - October 28 2016 at 13:26
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2016 at 13:35
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2016 at 16:05
Originally posted by AZF AZF wrote:

I don't even live in America and said I wouldn't get involved but...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/fbi-re-opens-investigation-hillary-9147479

See, if you'd stuck with Bernie Sanders this wouldn't be quite the farce it's turning into!

Bull.   And this "reopening" of the case will come to nothing.

I suspect the reason the FBI is moving on this now is that there's no way they're going to maintain an investigation on a sitting president once she's in office.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2016 at 07:17
indeed David...  so what do they think they'll find on Weiner's cellphone...  classified emails LOL

Likely it was emails from her telling that pond scum to die and leave his wife alone...  in fact he should be lucky Killary didn't make him disappear out of Huma's life....LOL

it makes for a great headline though..but lots of smoke (fanned by Republicans of course) but likely no fire.

'NBC News' Justice Department correspondent Pete Williams, citing senior officials familiar with the thinking behind Comey’s letter, reported that the new emails are not messages from Clinton herself and that investigators do not believe Clinton or her aides withheld evidence.

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2016 at 07:22
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Lovely story.  Just make sure you do give her the cheesecake after the election, that stuff'll kill her.

oh no...  this is not any run of the mill Cheesecake.. it is a Raff cheesecake. Trust me.. Raff cooks NOTHING unhealthy....

She is diabetic and was still able to enjoy slices of her signature Raspberry when I took her a pie on my birthday last year.  She was so proud to tell me she had been put on diabetic 'holliday' by her doctor and was SO proud to tell me she had gained weight... hahah.. bless her.. from 114 to 115 since he did. So yeah.. I should take her another so she can enjoy the whole thing...
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2016 at 09:35
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

I just saw that in breaking news: New Emails in Clinton Case Came from Weiner that was Lewdly Exposed in Former Sexting Scandal.
In case any forget, I'm a Democrat. But this announced just 11 days before the election, along with the focus on how Obamacare isn't working out, could kill Hilary's chances with independents and those on the fence. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Seriously.

And if you don't think this election will be close then please think again.

Edited by SteveG - October 29 2016 at 10:35
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2016 at 12:01
^ you just keeping thinking that Steve.... meanwhile.. the narrative is already turning on this story from Hillary.. to what THE f**k is going on in the FBI....

won't make a bit of difference...Hillary's emails have been baked, eaten and sh*tted out.....no one cares...

HIllary was going to blow out Trump before... even if a point or two swing away from her.. she wins by 8... stilll biggest win in a Presidential election in 30 years....
LearsFool View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2016 at 12:06
I get the feeling that this whole nothingburger will help ensure that Hillary will be unable to break through in Georgia and Texas, but that'll be it. It's too small and too late to do much else, since the vast majority of minds have been made up. Arizona should still be wide open.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899 146>