Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2016 at 23:17
What?
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2016 at 23:24
That won't hold up.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2016 at 04:14
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

lol

/immaturepost 
I suppose when Trump pees, his tiny hands make his penis look bigger!
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2016 at 04:56
it's funny because his penis is so small he has to compensate it with huge charisma and leadership skills.
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2016 at 05:08
Originally posted by Vompatti Vompatti wrote:

it's funny because his penis is so small he has to compensate it with huge charisma and leadership skills. ego.
fxd. Wink
What?
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2016 at 06:11
If a guy has a small dick, he knows he has a small dick and telling him as such is just cruel. There is no need to mention remedies, pills, surgeries, exercises, or new forms of yoga that might give him some extra length. Actually, the fact that you never mention it will give him a boost of confidence, which is always good in the bedroom.
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2016 at 08:33
it isn't very nice to body shame
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2016 at 09:41
I am completely agree with the above. Or at least it would be fair to post a nude Hillary for comparison.
LearsFool View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2016 at 10:53
The recent shakeup that sidelined Manafort looks to have led to his resignation from the Trump campaign. Damning reports on his days lobbying for despots are oft cited as the reason for this; maybe Trump used them as an excuse to push out the comparatively sane man in favour of loony alt-right yes men.

Edited by LearsFool - August 19 2016 at 10:55
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2016 at 12:14
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

Biederman deserves a promotion. 
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2016 at 05:48
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

lol

/immaturepost 
I suppose when Trump pees, his tiny hands make his penis look bigger!

*spits coffee on monitor*

thanks...now that my eyes have been burned from my skull.

where are the damn moderators when you need them LOL
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2016 at 05:56
well another week down... less than 90 days to go!  Oh that first debate will be must see T.V.  The kitchen sink and every pet conspiracy theory of the right will get thrown at Hillary in the attempt to right the sinking ship.

Of course though.. there will be the October 'surprise'  Two powerful outside interests have powerful incentive to see Hillary lose.. Russia and Isis.  Would either really hurt her and save Trump in November?  Trump would like mishandle a terrorist attack here prior to the election in his attempt to 'politicize' it. Russia and political espionage ..wikileaks and all that jive?  Unlesss again they have video of a smiling Hillary drowning a liter of cute puppies cheared on by a bunch of terrorists chanting death to America.. I don't think it will make a difference. Trump seems to have really made himself radioactive to all but his hardcore 35% of the electorate.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2016 at 06:21
two things I read of interest this last week or two.. which I'll toss out. One for discussion's sake... the other pure political mental masturbation. In fact the two sort of do tie together...

the polarization of this country.. I think one would have to go back to the aftermath of the Civil War to find parallel to the age of political polarization we are in now. Even if there are similaries.. the modern age.. social media, the internet make it FAR more invasive in our society, our relationships than it ever has IMO in this countries history.

I know I've been unfriended on Facebook due to my political ideals.. two stick in mind. One a real life acquainance I seen and known for some years now.. one I still see in social situations.. oh we say hi.. but yeah.. it would a be stretch to say we are 'friends'. Very cordial... and much too formal.

The other?  A internet friend who I have a lot of time and regard for. One of the many I've met like on sites like this.. and like many one that I had never met in person. Though I'd love to some day. I'd like to think he never held my words against me. It was never intended to be personal.. but in this age of extreme polarization.. it is often hard to differentiate between the candidate and the policies one thinks are so ANATHMA to one's ideals... and those that support the candidates.

One reason I got away from Facebook last year LOL... all I did was rage against the right.  From what I heard from friends and the media... Facebook is awash in political blood.  Is that good.. or bad. Interest in politics...being engaged in politics... even taken to the extreme.. is that still better than having polite apathy?

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-facebook-friendships-227175

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2016 at 06:55
then there is the fate of the Republican Party....

It surprising me in discussions with people just how few have considered, much less come to the conclusion, that the Republican Party as it is will die unless it burns itself to the ground and remakes itself. The logic is iron clad IMO and have yet to have anyone give me a plausible way the GOP survives, as in being relevant in not giving up the Presidency to the Democrats for the next quarter century, without expanding its appeal to those beyond the core as it exists now.  Unfortunately for them, appeal to one, is alienating the others. One can NOT do both. If they could... they would.. they know that number and trends even better than we do and hate losing elections LOL. The fact is they can do nothing without committing political career suicides.

I've been over that.. but part of why I think people haven't really considered the long term implications and the likely destruction of a political party that has been around ..for over a 150 years.. is the lack of mainstream talk about the subject. Hard core politicos..poltical scientists.. left and right.. know the problem and the potentially fatal trap the GOP is in but it seems many do not judging on discussions I've had. Real life and internet.  So with great interest I saw this article show up on Politico.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/08/political-parties-are-super-resilient-is-that-bad-for-america-214165

Interesting article.  Lots of great historical examples.. but I joked it must have been written by a 'rightie' for they ignore the most imporatant part. The basic algebra of America Politics today.  Political Polarization. The very real implication that due to politcal polarization... Presidential Elections are already 80% determined before teh first vote is cast.  Oklahoma will always be red, Californaia always blue. The elections come down to a handful of battleground states and the those calculations are very VERY bad for the Republicans. Old battleground states are turning blue. and now solidly red states are becoming the new battleground states.

Reagan had his landslides... as did FDR.. but those were in times in which neither losing party or candidate become so hated, literallly EVIL in the minds of the others.  You still have rational people today voting for Trump.. someone SO completely unsuited for anyone to see.. but why do they still vote for him.. they are not.. they are in large vote voting against HIllary. 

The main difference between the past, which the article covers well, and today. Two main ones. 

One voters were not as beholden to their political affiliation and still voted for the best candidate (or against obvious unsuited) regardless if it mean crossing party lines.  Today people will vote for Trump simply because they can not vote for Democrat. There is something VERY wrong about that. Not only wrong.. but with no parallel in our history when looking at the state of political parties.

the Second.. and most important... right there in the link title.  Resilency.  Parties evolved in the past when they hit historical periods of irrelevance. ie the Republicans post Hoover or the Dems post Carter. The parties evolved and changed.. were resilient.  The article completely misses the point that is exactly NOT what the Republican Party today has shone ONE IOTA of ability to be. They can't move further to the right without going full blown Neo-Nazi.. and to go left?  Oh no.. they can't do that and still count on their core support of religious nuts, racists, bigots and nativists.

Edited by micky - August 20 2016 at 06:56
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2016 at 06:41
great article...

for all that LBJ's 'great society' did for this country... the least known.. was likely the most important in terms of how it altered America. Thumbs Up

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/08/immigration-1965-law-donald-trump-gop-214179
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2016 at 06:50
Originally posted by A Person A Person wrote:

Just for the record. That may or may not be an accurate depiction of Trump's body. I believe it's just payback for Trump calling women dogs, fat pigs, etc., I assume, by someone that has an awful lot of free time on their hands! LOL
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2016 at 08:40
Watch till the end.  So who's a 'true friend' of Russia?  Or are they all friends in different ways?

The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2016 at 10:12

you're right. Just as it is not nice to black-shame, Or immigrant-shame, or Latino-shame, or woman-shame, or Muslim shame, or anything that Mr. Nice Guy Trump has done. 

Sorry, respect is not freely given to one who shows none to nobody. 
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2016 at 12:15

you're right. Just as it is not nice to black-shame, Or immigrant-shame, or Latino-shame, or woman-shame, or Muslim shame, or anything that Mr. Nice Guy Trump has done. 

Sorry, respect is not freely given to one who shows none to nobody. 
The statue is satire therefore it is not shaming. While everyone here has been so preoccupied with the representation of his dick, the satirical point being made by IИDECLIИE is that the statue has no balls.
What?
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2016 at 13:08
^Also, what Dean said. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8081828384 146>