Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Official 'review our music' forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Review the new Carpadium album (heavy prog/math)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedReview the new Carpadium album (heavy prog/math)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review the new Carpadium album (heavy prog/math)
    Posted: February 27 2016 at 00:21
Hey PA, 

Review my band's new album! We'd guarantee that it's worth your time or your money back, but it's FREE. Sadly, we can't refund your time if you don't like it, but we hope you enjoy it enough not to be faced with that existential dilemma. 

We're technically under "heavy prog," but that title might be a little misleading at this point; the winding and stereotypically "prog" pieces of our first album are long gone, and have since been replaced with aggressive and atmospheric math rock with avant-prog, metal, and post-rock touches. While this record might in some ways have an affinity to our second record, Fake Jokes, it has its own distinct tone; we try out a lot of new stuff on this one!

It's available for free streaming/download here: https://carpadium.bandcamp.com/album/what-you-need

We hope you enjoy it! Maybe review it if you have the time; if not, try to give it a listen and share it with a friend. 

Edited by organizedsound - February 27 2016 at 00:23
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2016 at 00:48
I'm sure we'll all see what we can do.   Careful what you wish for Wink .

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2016 at 08:17
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

I'm sure we'll all see what we can do.   Careful what you wish for Wink .

LOL

Didn't we have a band member break down and cry once. I think we actually hurt his feelings.

Edited by micky - February 27 2016 at 08:18
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2016 at 08:36
I'm pretty certain that it was your constant sniping that caused Mike Portnoy to quit Dream Theater.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2016 at 08:43
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

I'm pretty certain that it was your constant sniping that caused Mike Portnoy to quit Dream Theater.

It wouldn't surprise me...  the AR hit squad was a  brutal sadistic bunch of thugs.  My only regret is we concentrated  so completely on eradicating DT rather than giving some AR team  love to SWilson as well. LOL

though at least we did run SWilson off the forum when he came here thinking to soak up some hero worship.  Thumbs Up 
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
organizedsound View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2016 at 09:13
We're big boys; I think we can handle it. Thanks for the warning. It seems as if PA has become a much more dangerous place! I'll make sure never to stroll through "Just For Fun" by myself alone at night. Some shady goons, there...
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2016 at 09:17
oh no man... we are just being a bunch of old farts sitting at the bar reminiscing about our past war crimes against prog.

This site is Orlando Florida compared to the old days of the site when it was Tombstone Arizona...LOL

most of the worst perpetrators have retired from the site... It is a much kinder and gentler site these days.

For better or for worse?
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2016 at 09:24
Haha, I was just playing around as well. If the site has changed in any way, it seems to have slowed down quite a bit compared to when I spent most of my time on here (2009-2012)––much more laid back now. 
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2016 at 09:31
very much so! Thumbs Up which I think is a good thing. We did the hard work of building it, thus the inherent conflicts that went on, but there really is no need for the conflict and flat out nastiness that went on back then.

The site pretty much runs on autopilot now.. and perhaps the most important change. A much more open minded notion of the music and artists here.  Early additions deemed 'controvserials' drew out knives.. guns.. brass knuckles.. 

today.. they don't merit a single WTF. That is what I am most proud about, and one of my goals and C&C of the progressive wing of the collabs here.  This site is a database and should reflect not a single particular view of prog rock.. but many particular views.  Ask 10 people about how they see prog and you'll get 11 answers.  The site needed to reflect that.. once we finally hit the more conserative elements of this site over the head with a lead pipe enough times... they accepated it.

Thus the happier and more laid back site.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2016 at 11:21
Yep! I remember when a mention of Radiohead, Swans, or Arcade Fire would send the whole community into a collective argument over whether or not the mentioned band is "actual" prog, as if ideological purity was more important than obvious connections to prog or artistry. 

Edited by organizedsound - February 27 2016 at 11:26
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2016 at 14:45
argument?  that would have been civilized.  It wasn't even close to that.  When my wife added Iron Maiden to the database they came after her with knives.. which meant my kind hearted civilized.. wouldn't hurt a fly sweetheart of a wife was forced to grab a golf club to defend herself.. and of course forced me (once I stopped laughing at the sight of my wife armed and dangerous) to go to the closet and grab my Desert Eagle and air out a few of those idiots.

good times indeed...
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2016 at 15:44
It was a bit more than lukewarm when Nine Inch Nails was added as well.
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2016 at 16:25
I don't remember that one.. must have been after I retired.  I had thought my last addition was the last bombshell and bloodbath we had here. LOL Even then we saw progress.. the forum didn't bat an eye. They accepted it and moved on.  I even got a PM from a member thanking me for the addtion. He knew the group (who didn't) but never saw their music quite fitting until forced to and saw the logic and gained a different appreciation of it. 

While the forum didn't care, it was behind the scenes in the collab zone where the knives flashed and the blood flowed. I would have thought that sorry spectacle was enough to cure the collabs of such silliness like making such things important enough to rip others apart.  I see you added them. Hopefully you didn't get it as badly as I did.

Edited by micky - February 27 2016 at 16:26
 Post Reply Post Reply