Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMan from the Box - Contemporary Prog Rock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Man from the Box - Contemporary Prog Rock
    Posted: March 01 2016 at 10:21
“Man from the Box” is a contemporary progressive rock music project started by Lukas Cartea in 2015. With a strong influence from iconic bands from the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s, “Man from the Box” aims to make the listening of it's music an immersive experience by telling stories in a way that gives a sense of movement in time and that describes situations to which the listener can relate to.

Man from the Box is a one man band and released his first EP, Three Sides of A Tragedy I, last November. It is available for listening and download here:

It is also available in major streaming services as Spotify and Tidal.

There is a post in ProgressiveEars and Progforums about the album:

The EP is the first piece in the trilogy "Three Sides of a Tragedy". It is expected that the second part comes this summer.

The official web site is manfromthebox.com. It also has a Facebook page and a Twitter account

yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2017 at 08:46
It's a decent enough EP, which might be in with a chance for inclusion in Crossover Prog if it weren't for the fact that it's only just over 17 minutes of music. The second part of the trilogy, penciled in for last summer, never materialised, and according to facebook from 26th July last year: https://www.facebook.com/manfromthebox/posts/1076014992481861:

"After the great experience of producing my first EP by myself, I have decided to start my own music production studio. With it I will continue to work on my music and work with other artists around the world to help them get their music out there.
I will keep you posted. Interesting times are coming!"

There has only been one other post since then (28th November) offering 200 free downloads of the EP, some of which are still available...in exchange for your email address.

Looks like this project is on hold for the time being.

Maybe you could refresh the topic when there is some more material to listen to? Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply