Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLuis Gasca in jazz rock fusion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Luis Gasca in jazz rock fusion
    Posted: April 03 2016 at 18:57
Jazz trumpetist that made a few albums.  One of those (for those who chant) is like a santana album with a crazy lineup.  here is some info i found on the net:

Luis Gasca was born on 23 March 1940 in Houston, Texas, his family originating from Guanajuato, Mexico. Gasca learned to play trumpet and gravitated to Boston’s Berklee College of Music -

With his star on the rise he made an album for Tommy LiPuma’s Blue Thumb label. “For Those Who Chant” also had a stellar line-up of jazz fusion masters including Lenny White, Stanley Clarke and Joe Henderson, and the big draw of Carlos Santana and Mike Shrieve from Santana, then one of the biggest rock bands in the country. Released in 1972 it was Gasca’s only album for the label, before he signed to Fantasy where he issued two albums. - 

you can have a listen to some of this album her:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CwsJohPVgo&list=PLjeXsDh5zcz88IeLj_EvD17AANivOmcu5

Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2016 at 03:41
This is right down my alley! Thanks for the heads up. Great African groove with loads of percussion. I will definitely be searching for this little gem.
I don't however think it fits on PA. Much more of a jazz album imho.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply