Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2016 at 13:17
Originally posted by kenethlevine kenethlevine wrote:

Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

Like with every other one of these I've voted in, second option is best option for me. I love Franco Battiato's first five studio albums (the only ones of his that I have).

definitely check out his later albums Greg Thumbs Up.. my favorites of his next to Sulle Corde di Aries and Clic are is 80's albums.  As Raff would surely agree, it is when you get past his 70's albums you really see what a genius he is.

I love Caffe de la Paix especially

Thanks Micky and Keneth.

I have taken the time to listen to quite a bit of Franco Battiato's 80's work, including Caffe de la Paix. It's largely a challenging listen as Battiato's early 80s stylings is pretty different from my usual fare. I did enjoy the Patriots album, especially the more baroque final track on that album (reminiscent to me of some of William Sheller's baroque pop).

Edited by Logan - April 08 2016 at 13:37
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2016 at 13:28
Focus all the way.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2016 at 13:47
I think Battiato's latest album (w Pinaxa) 'Joe Patti's Experimental Group' is among his very best. It doesn't hurt that he's decided to ressurect his old 70s sound (VC3 Heaven) reframing it in a progressive electronic direction. Pinaxa adds a certain modern twist to it a la beats from IDM scene.
Oh and his voice still sounds like it could make stones weep.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2016 at 15:36
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

I think Battiato's latest album (w Pinaxa) 'Joe Patti's Experimental Group' is among his very best. It doesn't hurt that he's decided to ressurect his old 70s sound (VC3 Heaven) reframing it in a progressive electronic direction. Pinaxa adds a certain modern twist to it a la beats from IDM scene.
Oh and his voice still sounds like it could make stones weep.

Clap I do love that VC3 man.. no one can rock that thing like Battiato can.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2016 at 15:40

Originally posted by kenethlevine kenethlevine wrote:

Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

Like with every other one of these I've voted in, second option is best option for me. I love Franco Battiato's first five studio albums (the only ones of his that I have).

definitely check out his later albums Greg Thumbs Up.. my favorites of his next to Sulle Corde di Aries and Clic are is 80's albums.  As Raff would surely agree, it is when you get past his 70's albums you really see what a genius he is.

I love Caffe de la Paix especially

Thanks Micky and Keneth.

I have taken the time to listen to quite a bit of Franco Battiato's 80's work, including Caffe de la Paix. It's largely a challenging listen as Battiato's early 80s stylings is pretty different from my usual fare. I did enjoy the Patriots album, especially the more baroque final track on that album (reminiscent to me of some of William Sheller's baroque pop).

Awesome Greg! Clap  He really is an artist of diverse talents. Look no further than the stylistic arc of his career and all the influences he has forged into his music.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12