FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Genesis Show - 4/2/16

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Genesis Show - 4/2/16
    Posted: April 12 2016 at 22:22
My wife was driving to work a few weeks ago and saw "The Genesis Show" advertised at the Landis Theater in Vineland New Jersey. I immediately bought tickets, which were a bit pricey 25$ considering that this was their first show ever. But sh*t, a Genesis cover band at a local small venue? I'm sold. 

Here is their synopsis: 
The Genesis Show is a Philly/South Jersey based Genesis Tribute Band that focuses in on the Phil Collins era of the band's catalogue. The Genesis Show is currently recreating the '77 Wind & Wuthering World Tour often known as the Seconds Out Tour named after the live album Genesis produced from that tour. They deliver note for note renditions of the songs from that era as they sounded live with an incredible light show and visuals using much of the vintage equipment that Genesis used. They also have two drummers so they deliver all the power that Genesis did in their heyday. Playing songs from that tour along with a few surprises this is a show Genesis fans don't want to miss.

I went with 0 expectations, expecting to be literally one of the only people there, and actually hoping to possibly meet them to talk about potentially playing with them. What I got was much more, it was a packed show, and the caliber of musicians had me laughing at myself for hoping to potentially play with them. They are the real deal, it was a fantastic show and I expect them to soon reach the popularity and recognition that The Musical Box receives. No real complaints, they were a bit nervous, but that's expected considering it was there first gig. Genesis fans be sure to catch these guys if they come near you!
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2017 at 12:31
^Isn't it amazing how good some of these tribute bands are?  I saw Musical Box do their "Selling England" show last night, they were nearly perfect!!  

Like you, "I am not worthy" to play with these bands!! 
 Post Reply Post Reply