Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMusic Ed. Major with a Penchant for Prog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Music Ed. Major with a Penchant for Prog
    Posted: May 20 2016 at 19:10
Hello everyone, my name is Osh.  

I'm a student and I play guitar and sing.  I'm in a progressive rock/metal band called Moll DeGrow.  I recently decided to find a forum to dive into where I can explore others recommendations and develop as a musician and listener.  I look forward to getting to meet with you all and have some interesting conversations.  I'm new to forum use in general, but I'll try and conform to the rules and etiquette quickly.  Thanks and rock on!

My favorite bands are:  Porcupine Tree, tool, Opeth, Ghost, Mastodon, Death, Megadeth, RHCP, QOTSA, APC, STP, SOAD, AIC, ETC.

Please, introduce yourself.  I would love to make friends with some like-minded listeners?
When you're green, you grow; when you're ripe, you rot.
My Music Reviews
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2016 at 19:17
Great to have you... and a perfect old-school rock band name.   Capability Brown, Molly Hatchet, and now Moll DeGrow ! 

Brilliant.  Welcome to PA.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2016 at 19:54
Welcome bro.  I hope as a student of music you are open to expanding your musical experiences, cause this is the place to do it. Outside of your listed preferences are there other genres that you've explored and like or hate?
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Osh View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2016 at 12:36
Thank you!  We are an old school rock band for sure.  We practice in a rickety old house that's falling apart at the seems and everything!  Too bad my drummer's moving out.  I'm actually kinda sad because I don't know where we're going to practice when he does.  He's getting an apartment.  I've already called every storage facility in the two towns near us and none of them have electricity.  So, I'm kinda at a loss.  We play a lot of stuff, but right now we're mostly doing covers.  

Thanks man!  Moll DeGrow is the name of an old witch.  It fits our vibe really well.  I can't wait to start recording our stuff so I can show you guys. 

I'm happy to have joined the community.  Thank you for the warm welcome.  \m/  See you around in the forums!  I'm excited to discover some great new music!  
My Music Reviews
Osh View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2016 at 12:39
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

Welcome bro.  I hope as a student of music you are open to expanding your musical experiences, cause this is the place to do it. Outside of your listed preferences are there other genres that you've explored and like or hate?

I absolutely am.  I play jazz (not well) and classical guitar as well as rock.  In my band, I play metal, punk, grunge, progressive.  

I usually stick with styles that have guitar, singing or something with interesting harmonic elements.

Outside my preferences, I've grown to like punk a little more and ska is alright.  My preferences are still a bit shallow outside the realm of rock, but I'm always trying to listen to new things I think are awesome!  :D Thanks for the reply, it was nice to meet you.  See you around on the forum!

My Music Reviews
 Post Reply Post Reply