Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNoticing Someone's Hypocricy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Michael678 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Noticing Someone's Hypocricy
    Posted: May 29 2016 at 19:57
This may be out of the blue for sure (as that this is for myself venting out my frustrations since I can't do that elsewhere; I don't have Twitter (or at least used to), YouTube, Facebook, or any social media), but I need to call out the bullsh*t found in these two videos. Here's the links:

Just so you know, I'm a fan of this guy's work from the get-go, but I got to note the hypocrisy as I see it. In the first video, he states how people reacting negatively way too early towards the GitS film based on the information given, especially in regards to the supposed "white-washing." However, he proceeds to do JUST THAT in the second video, although it's mainly pointed towards JoJo (and just not really discussing much on FMA as the titles misleads one to believe). Personally, I tend to have my bias over the second video because I feel like ALL of these movies will probably suck mainly due to how they're butchering the source material (which happens on both sides of the Pacific (AoT for Japan and DB Evolution for the U.S.)) in whatever ways possible. Granted, the "white-washing" for the former is not doing that, but I feel like everything will go downhill from there. Plus, I like how people were complaining over the people who complained about GitS when that was going on with the Ghostbusters reboot but in reverse (with how the cast are all female and yadda-yadda, basically "gender-washing" if you want to go there). The trailer apparently "confirmed" their stance for them (although I would disagree with that, as it would probably look like sh*t regardless of the cast's gender) in the long run, so I will NOT be surprised in the slightest if ALL or ANY of these movies will go through the same goddamn thing, but for similar reasons...I think. It's f**king hypocritical how this guy could tell the GitS fans (among others I bet LOL) to "shut the f**k up" and wait until more details are out including the trailers, and yet go bananas over how JoJo and (I guess in a way) FMA are getting live-action adaptations (done by Japanese film companies mind you) without much more of these details than GitS (done by Hollywood, who despite how well-respected they are CAN and PROBABLY WILL release some utter pieces of sh*t just as much as Japan...although I heard the latter tend to do that in a much larger scale in a shorter span of time. With the sh*t with JoJo going on (and even as I heard AoT which got criticized with the mainly Japanese cast playing Germans in Japan, though take that with a grain of salt), it's no wonder why these companies and the Japanese public are okey-dokey with Johansson playing Motoko, with mainly the former for being desperate as they are and the latter with some of them on the inside being a part of the JoJo fanbase getting ready to go apesh*t on those companies for those JoJo live-action plans. It's unfortunate he has to go the inconsistency route here, unless apparently something missing and vital regarding this sh*t.

TL;DR The guy shows inconsistency, all of these adaptations are going to suck, GitS will probably head for the reverse Ghostbusters route, and weird irony in this whole fanbase situation for these adaptations (which I justify being against).

So, now I finally got that off my chest, is there any thoughts on this subject? Do you actually give a sh*t about any of this (which I of course highly doubt, but hey I couldn't care less about that either)? Let me know if there's anything you'd like to add regarding to this. I may sound like I'm "obsessed" with this issue, but that's the problem of me not being able to actually voice my opinion out loud and not communicate with the other on the matter. And I apologize if I wasted much of your time reading this sh*t yet again LOL.
Progrockdude
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2016 at 20:12
Originally posted by Michael678 Michael678 wrote:

Do you actually give a sh*t about any of this ?

No.  However, to my horror I'm watching Russell Brand's bitter younger brother here go on for nearly ten friggin' minutes and now I really don't care.

Couldn't do it, stopped after four.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2016 at 22:03
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Originally posted by Michael678 Michael678 wrote:

Do you actually give a sh*t about any of this ?

No.  However, to my horror I'm watching Russell Brand's bitter younger brother here go on for nearly ten friggin' minutes and now I really don't care.

Couldn't do it, stopped after four.

What was he talking about exactly? Also sry I wasted your time lol.
Progrockdude
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2016 at 22:07

* Superstar! *

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2016 at 14:20
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

* Superstar! *

........oooookkkaaayyyy........Stern Smile
Progrockdude
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2016 at 04:30
Wasting our time... No, but I think there was already a thread on the forum about the adaptation of Ghost in the Shell in a live movie and, maybe, it would have been better if you contributed to the said thread rather than creating a new one for that matter.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2016 at 06:28
Originally posted by CPicard CPicard wrote:

Wasting our time... No, but I think there was already a thread on the forum about the adaptation of Ghost in the Shell in a live movie and, maybe, it would have been better if you contributed to the said thread rather than creating a new one for that matter.

I'm well aware of that, but I just felt like creating this thread so it would be more, I guess, "public." I felt so strongly kind of about this that I felt like it deserved it's own thread. Blame my thought process for this sh*t!! LOL

However, I totally understand your concerns completely through and through.
Progrockdude
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2016 at 07:18
why make another Ghost in a Shell live action movie when we allready have the Matrix-------;o0
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2016 at 08:14
Thanks to Icarium, I have the mental image of G.i.t.S.' scene of the creation of Motoko with Keanu Reeves instead of Scarlette Johansson.
Well played, Icarium.

Edited by CPicard - May 31 2016 at 08:15
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2016 at 09:08
The Wachowski sisters were pretty explicit with the GitS influences actually.

Also why do we need so many thread about this? Is there some kind of right-wing propaganda site trying to recruit members?
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2016 at 09:25
I thought that complaining about "white-washing" was a left-wing thing? Have I been lied to?
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2016 at 09:34

I thought that complaining about "white-washing" was a left-wing thing? Have I been lied to?

I mean complaining about complaining about white-washing.
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2016 at 09:38
Originally posted by A Person A Person wrote:

Oh yeah, it makes more sense.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2016 at 04:52

Originally posted by A Person A Person wrote:

Oh yeah, it makes more sense.

Oh god, I hope not! I wasn't trying to do that whatsoever!! The RWNJ's are just as bad as the SJWs if you ask me LOL.

Edited by Michael678 - June 01 2016 at 04:54
Progrockdude
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2016 at 10:24
We are all 'hypocritical' from time to time.......btw...the word is spelled with an s.

Wink
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2016 at 05:56
I am hypocritical, too: when I saw her last week, I said Scarlett that I was really impatient to see this GitS live action movie. I lied to her and I feel miserable. Unhappy

P.S.: in case some wonder if I'm serious...

Clown

Edited by CPicard - June 02 2016 at 05:57
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2016 at 07:11
the Marshal McLuhan influenced both Phillip k Dick who influenced, GitS who influened Matrix, who influenced Inception..........
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2016 at 21:08
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

We are all 'hypocritical' from time to time.......btw...the word is spelled with an s.

Wink

1. Thanks for noticing the typo.

2. The first part of that sentence I can't get behind enough than I already do. Hell, it's the word I'd use to describe humanity in general if you ask me.
Progrockdude
 Post Reply Post Reply