Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhere's Steve?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2016 at 08:09
Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

Seeing Steve (HolyMoly) mentioned makes me a bit sad. We met him for dinner at the end of March 2015, when he was in DC for a conference. He more or less dropped off the radar a few days later, and I've never been able to dispel the suspicion that we made such a bad impression on him that he decided to leave PA for good.
Does micky always have that effect on people?
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2016 at 09:49
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

I still bitch at Steve on the ProgEars site. I also bitch at Svetonio over on ProgEars. You'll be happy to know he still doesn't know what he's talking about. Somethings are timeless and without change. Wink

That must be glorious to watch.

Originally posted by emigre80 emigre80 wrote:

Svetonio! How I don't miss him!

You won't be missed when you're gone, sweetheart.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2016 at 10:12
Originally posted by Polymorphia Polymorphia wrote:

I recall SteveG posting that he was leaving the forums, though I don't remember if he came back or not. It seems like he did.

Well, SteveG was banned from PA and he's got a bumpy career on PE (received a solid warning from the Admins, because he was going overboard the same way as here)

However, he has asked via PM in PE to reintegrate PA, at least as a casual reviewer. He promised me he would do his utmost to control his temper.

I passed on his demand in the Collab Zone and TBH, there wasn't much reactions (one yeah, one nay and one IDCcare)

I'm not sure the Admins have seen this demand, though I believe they check the Forum Abuse thread.
I communicated to him the little reactions about his pledge/plea, ad he's kind of disappointed, but he knows it wasn't a definitive no.
Sooo he's still waiting for a definitive answer

===================

As for Svet, he's also got a warning...

I must say that about 2/3 of the threads created are from SteveG, PeterG (another" weird dude") and Svet, and they get a fair bit of response... often they engage with each other into personal and definitive definitions of what is prog, psych, fusion etc... I believe they've got planned definitions for Doo-Wop and Dixie lined-up for next week Wink

However, I can tell you that PE is not thrilled to have seen the PA rejects arrive on their site.

==================

BTW; PE is not thrilled

Edited by Sean Trane - June 03 2016 at 10:17
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2016 at 10:23
Do you get to say all this and be accepted back..........

An open letter to Prog Archives' admins, moderators, operators and owners.
I see the thread titled 'are any religions harmless?' has been deleted by the so called 'brain trust' that makes up the PA admins, owners and operators.

Without warning, this 'self hallowed' institution, that does absolutely nothing for the betterment of the social good, does their covert disappearing act after I have spent an entire afternoon dealing with the insecurities of a hateful paranoid individual and a coward that blurts insults from the safety of being on the other end of a distant computer terminal.

I have put up online with these mental defectives with the aim that a truly sincere person would have an interest in the thread's topic, despite the others antisocial ranting and psychotic fixations.

You may have not appreciated the occasionally sincere individual posts that popped from time to time, but I did.

In closing, except for a few like Dean, who I hold in the highest respect possible, you are people that I cannot approve of or want to associate with.

You are simply cowards. There is simply no other word that describes you.

Oh, and Happy Holidays to all the rest. Smile

emigre80 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2016 at 10:39
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

I still bitch at Steve on the ProgEars site. I also bitch at Svetonio over on ProgEars. You'll be happy to know he still doesn't know what he's talking about. Somethings are timeless and without change. Wink

Hmm, I don't remember pissing you off, but on the other hand some people do take a dislike to me without me putting any effort into it.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2016 at 11:02
^
LOL
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2016 at 11:14

Hmm, I don't remember pissing you off, but on the other hand some people do take a dislike to me without me putting any effort into it.

No you haven't pissed me off, just a natural dislike and it's probably better than total indifference, I suppose.
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2016 at 11:46
Lest we forget, StaaviinZ existed. He was harmless and a meme from the beginning.

I kinda miss him. LOL
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2016 at 11:57

Seeing Steve (HolyMoly) mentioned makes me a bit sad. We met him for dinner at the end of March 2015, when he was in DC for a conference. He more or less dropped off the radar a few days later, and I've never been able to dispel the suspicion that we made such a bad impression on him that he decided to leave PA for good. Not that I had any inkling of that during the few hours we spent together, but - as Jim Morrison once said - people are strange. Since then, I've seen him around on FB (though not often), but he's never made any move. I don't believe Micky and I are such bad people Cry.
I don't think that was it. Mind you, I wasn't there, but I think, because he has a wife and kid, and his wife was switching jobs and he was thinking about switching jobs, he had to cut some things out of his life. He hasn't made any music in a while, either, it seems. When duty calls. 

It's all conjecture, though. I eagerly await his return if it ever comes.
emigre80 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2016 at 12:01

No you haven't pissed me off, just a natural dislike and it's probably better than total indifference, I suppose.

Actually, I'm fine with total indifference, particularly since I can't recall a single interaction with you.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2016 at 12:06

Actually, I'm fine with total indifference, particularly since I can't recall a single interaction with you.

Suuure. That's totally fine.
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2016 at 12:18
^ Another "everything sucks" phase? LOL
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2016 at 12:19
Originally posted by Polymorphia Polymorphia wrote:

Seeing Steve (HolyMoly) mentioned makes me a bit sad. We met him for dinner at the end of March 2015, when he was in DC for a conference. He more or less dropped off the radar a few days later, and I've never been able to dispel the suspicion that we made such a bad impression on him that he decided to leave PA for good. Not that I had any inkling of that during the few hours we spent together, but - as Jim Morrison once said - people are strange. Since then, I've seen him around on FB (though not often), but he's never made any move. I don't believe Micky and I are such bad people Cry.
I don't think that was it. Mind you, I wasn't there, but I think, because he has a wife and kid, and his wife was switching jobs and he was thinking about switching jobs, he had to cut some things out of his life. He hasn't made any music in a while, either, it seems. When duty calls. 

It's all conjecture, though. I eagerly await his return if it ever comes.

Thank you for letting me know these details, as I didn't know anything about Steve's situation. We have met other PA people, and always had very good experiences. In fact, some of them have become fast friends of ours, and we always look forward to meeting PA members in real life. There was no reason whatsoever for Steve to leave the site because of us, and the fact his departure happened almost at the same time as our dinner meeting must be nothing but an unfortunate coincidence.
Save
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2016 at 13:19
Could someone explain who makes the decisions on whom to ban and for what reasons, and why would they choose to ban anyone but those who regularly post illegal content? Smile
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2016 at 13:35
^That's a good question and frankly I never noticed that he needed to be banned per se but then as I said I'm not a mod. Apparently those comments above (and others I assume) were enough to get him booted from PA.
I'm also not sure why Svetonio was banned. He was a bit of a PIA at times  but what exactly did he do that deserved banning?
Confused

btw...I'm not trying to resurrect old trouble.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2016 at 13:37
Admins/mods make the final call, and there's commonly plenty of discussion. I have suspended tons of people/bots mostly who only made one spam post (no discussion needed). I did ban one person based on one post when he threatened to kill and rape members of this forum and their families (I discussed it after the fact of banning). I also contacted police. That was serious enough to take quick action.

Suspensions are for violating forum rules and usually for a non-spammer, non-big-time joined just to make trouble type, there would be multiple warnings that are disregarded. If someone continues to break the rules despite the warnings then suspension is justified by site policy. The issue is discussed and different opinions from the community are taken into consideration.

I don't like bannings (except when egregious or spammers) and I don't like to stifle free speech, but sometimes the situation is just not tolerable. As for Steve G, I wasn't around when whatever it was went down so I don't know the details.

EDIT -- Here's the Site rules and guidelines for any who may not have read it:
http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13083

Edited by Logan - June 03 2016 at 13:49
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2016 at 14:02
I'm neither an admin nor a fascist but think it would make sense to only issue temporary bans (one day to a couple of weeks max) for established users who generally follow the rules.

Also, it seems that Steve is not currently banned. Never mind Ii'm durnk . Embarrassed

Edited by Vompatti - June 03 2016 at 14:04
emigre80 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2016 at 14:08
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

honestly, I have no idea what all this about.  Maybe everything does suck.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2016 at 14:27

Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

honestly, I have no idea what all this about.  Maybe everything does suck.

Neither do I.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2016 at 14:31
Vomps, yeah, temporary suspensions are more common in these instances than permabans. Permabans for non-spammers have been exceedingly rare in my experience. I think a few people have been suspended multiple times. I guess a "3 suspensions you're banned" rule might be fair, but I think it's commonly on a case-by-case basis.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>