Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Tribute Bands and Prog Radio
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "Jul's" Progkast - Underground Indie Prog Podcast
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Jul's" Progkast - Underground Indie Prog Podcast

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Progkast View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progkast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Jul's" Progkast - Underground Indie Prog Podcast
    Posted: February 03 2024 at 17:19
The latest Progkast, the all independent Progressive Rock podcast, is now up on Soundcloud and most podcast distributing sites. 

It is also now also available on Youtube

On this show; Ed Zero, Oji, Frustrated Ape, Sandro Cuzzetto, Third Planet, Steff, and Seize the Day (France). 
https://www.soundcloud.com/progkast
Progkast View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progkast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2023 at 11:34
Remember ya'll, you can go to any podcast distributor, such as Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Pandora, PlayerFm, TuneIn, etc. and subscribe to the podcast. Then you will be automatically notified when a new show is released, and the show will automatically show up on the app on your device.
However, even if you don't subscribe, you can still listen on most of these services. Just type the service url into your search, and Progkast... or search for Progkast on the site itself. Most of the time you do not have to download any app. I've been told by some peeps that you have to download the Soundcloud app to listen, and that's just not true. Type "Soundcloud 'dot' com", then type in Progkast in their search engine. No app. But,... if you have the app, or make an account with some services, such as Soundcloud, you can "like", and "follow" or "subscribe".
But for now, just a reminder that Progkast is back to being a monthly show again, and there will be a new release in January.

https://www.soundcloud.com/progkast
Progkast View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progkast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2023 at 22:50
Originally posted by yam yam yam yam wrote:

Nice to be seeing (hearing) these podcasts on a regular basis again. Really enjoyed the top 10 show, and I reckon I'm gonna give Ian Hill (#2 in the list) a shout out in the New Suggestions forum to see if we can get him included in the database. That 'Arik's Journey' album of his is a lovely 49 minutes of instrumental prog, lying somewhere between Mike Oldfield and Anthony Phillips in style.

Thanks! Yes, it has been a breath of fresh air to be doing the Progkasts regularly again. Having spent the past 5 years concentrating on the "broader" broadcast radio show... with all of it's rules and regulations, I can pretty much say whatever I want, do whatever I want, make the shows as long as I want, and release them when I want. It is a re-found freedom, lol. Change is good.Big smile And yes, Arik's Journey was a nice find tbs.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2023 at 22:12
Nice to be seeing (hearing) these podcasts on a regular basis again. Really enjoyed the top 10 show, and I reckon I'm gonna give Ian Hill (#2 in the list) a shout out in the New Suggestions forum to see if we can get him included in the database. That 'Arik's Journey' album of his is a lovely 49 minutes of instrumental prog, lying somewhere between Mike Oldfield and Anthony Phillips in style.
Progkast View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progkast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2023 at 19:38
Progkast, the all independent Progressive Rock podcast, presents theTop 10 songs released on Progkast during 2023. The key is songs played on the show in 2023, not necessarily songs released in 2023, though most were. Happy Holidays! And Happy New Year from Progkast!!! 
Progkast View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progkast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2023 at 13:28
Brand new Progkast the all independent Progressive Rock Podcast. Music you've never heard before. Some music you may have heard before. But mostly, obscure, home recorded, home mixed, or small label artists from all over the world. This episode we have artists from Hungary, Japan, Brazil, Canada, Netherlands, India, Greece, and England.

This is the last "regular" Progkast of the year, Progkast #45. In a couple of weeks I will release the end of year "Top" songs. These will be the Top 7 songs played on Progkast during the year 2023, regardless of the year they were released. I am doing 7, rather than 10 or any other number (5 was just not enough), as I have not released enough podcasts this year to warrant 10 songs (about 1/3 of all the songs played this year). So 7 it is! This is always one of the best shows of the year, with artists telling us about the song and themselves - it's always interesting, entertaining and insightful. That will be Progkast #46, to be released in mid/late December.

Prokast is hosted on Soundcloud, but is available on almost all podcast distributing sites. This includes
playerfm,
and dozens and dozens of others. Big smile

Edited by Progkast - December 08 2023 at 13:29
Progkast View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progkast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2023 at 08:15
New Progkast podcast uploaded and ready for listening Big smile . Progkast can be heard on Soundcloud from the hyper link above, or on most all podcast distributors, including Apple Podcasts, Google Play, PlayerFM, TuneIn, and many many others.

On this show (episode #44): Aranami, Clintmusic, Dee Zee, Ed Zero, Frustrated Ape, Seven Reizh, and Odessa.  
Progkast View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progkast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2023 at 17:53
Latest Progkast podcast just released ("dropped" LOL ), Progkast #43.

On this show, Frontecielo, Flying Caravan, Hats Off Gentlemen It's Adequate, Cristiano Varisco, Sandro Cuzzetto, Magna Zero, Peter Lawson, and Caravaggio.

Also, check out our facebook page at Progkast.
Progkast View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progkast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2023 at 18:49
All new Progkast all independent Progressive Rock Podcast. Progkast is available on Apple Podcasts, Tune In, Amazon Music, and most other podcast distribution sites.

On this show: Aaron Clift Experiment, Space Kitchen, Venus Loon, Gunnar Sletta, Starfish64, Caravaggio, Meta, Surfing the Desert, and Fearful Symmetry.

Edited by Progkast - June 13 2023 at 18:51
Progkast View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progkast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2021 at 06:39
That's awesome!  Hopefully, people can find at least one artist on each show that they start following. That's my hope. Thanks for posting, I was beginning to wonder if anyone was listening.. haha... Thumbs Up

Julie

Edited by Progkast - May 27 2021 at 06:41
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2021 at 00:22
Thank you, these are interesting! 

Back in the 1970s in Chicago, we had an underground FM radio station called "Triad," and these Progkast podcasts really channel those wonderful days!  
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
Progkast View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progkast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2021 at 21:19
All new Progkast - the all independent podcast now up on Soundcloud and most podcast distributors Smile
Progkast View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progkast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2021 at 07:05
Check this out, about Flying Caravan :O Already one of my top picks for best album of 2021 Clap Flying Caravan - I Just Wanna Break Even - review
Progkast View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progkast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 18:34
All new Progkast #39 - all independent progressive rock podcast. This show has Flying Caravan, Concept of Innocence, JHimm, Eric & Magill, Esthesis, Himmelsgräns, BirdEatsBaby, Release the Long Ships, Heartscore, and Elasticated Fossils.

Also check out the Progkast podcast facebook page for updates on new shows and other info.

Edited by Progkast - April 14 2021 at 18:35
Progkast View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progkast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2021 at 15:49
All new podcast for Feb 2021, Progkast #38 just released. Progkast is an all Independent Progressive Rock Podcast.

Bands on this segment include, Checking for Echo Project, Thr33, Sproingg, Clintmusic, Kavee, Ricardo Margadona & Rebecca Riss, Melody Fields, Sudler's Row, and Zwoyld

Progkast View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progkast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2019 at 21:55
New Progkast #36 all independent Progressive Rock podcast. It's been 9 months since the last one. This is a special 1.5 hr podcast with another 1.5 hr episode in 2 weeks.

Crea, Moon Letters, KOSM, VAK, Dee Zee, Sparkling Water, Grus Paridae, El Tubo Elástico, Tom Kelly, La Camara de Transformación, Esthesis, and Jean Solentio.

Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2019 at 17:52
Yay!

"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Progkast View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Progkast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2019 at 15:29
Stay tuned, an all new 2 hour Progkast will be released in late May Shocked 2019. 

I'll have some former Progkast artists with new releases and some artists that are new to Progkast. All Independent. All Prog (and sub and near genres Smile ).
Progkast View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progkast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2018 at 22:56
This is the last Progkast... #35. Please continue to follow my other show, Prog Rock Nation, aired/streamed on KTAL-LP. The show airs Saturdays 8-10 pm Mountain Time (US) and Sundays 3-5 am Mountain Time (US). 

Progkast - 35

Of Petra - The Life of Our Time
Steve Hart - Sublime Slime Time
Big Mean Sound Machine - Contraband
Touch - Le Moment Idéal
Release the Long Ships - Kanchendzonga
Finally George - Remember Me
Tetrafusion - Vestige
Son of Robot - She Always Wanted More (And No One Could Keep Up)

Song playing during intro is Belleza Anatomia (Instro) by Sumeritae

Peace :D

Edited by Progkast - September 12 2018 at 08:33
Progkast View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progkast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2018 at 21:13
Just released, Progkast #34 :

Featuring:

• Milo Keysington (from Intrinsic Nature) - I.N.stinction Level Event
  • MOMA (Music of Modern Artists) - a symphonic keyboard piece from a project called "The Unpredictable Journeys of Archibald Whim" - This piece is "Archibald Whim: The Prelude"
  • Glorious Wolf - a hat tip to Pink Floyd with "Old Diamonds Shine Brighter"
  • Mr. Bouzouki - a geography/anthropology trip to the tidal island of Lindisfarne with three pieces from "The Pilgrim's Way Project": 1)The Pilgrims, 2)The Vikings!, 3)A Light in the Darkness
  • Thirteen of Everything - an epic piece using "Super's Ready" as an outline to a scifi alien adventure all their own called "Late For Dinner"
  • Jahzzar - The Last Ones
And as always, the intro theme is Belleza Anatomia by Sumeritae Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>