Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCould this be the best Supper's Ready version?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Could this be the best Supper's Ready version?
    Posted: June 21 2016 at 03:30
Hi all!

I had to share this version with you. Supper's Ready is my favorite song ever, and I loved this version with the North Iceland Symphony Orchestra and Steve Hackett. I hope you like it.

Enjoy!Smile

Edited by Hogweedcp - June 21 2016 at 03:36
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2016 at 06:22
Great version, I had seen it before. But there are so many versions of Supper's Ready that is almost impossible to choose one over the others.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2016 at 21:58
Yeah, I just heard it today too. Really great indeed. At the beginning I wasn't so sure, the singer didn't seem comfortable with the soft vocals on the first half of the song. Then came the Willow's Farm section, which is usually were other versions of the song ruin it (and the reason I usually prefer the original one in the end), but this guy really nailed it down, at least as well as the original song. And then all the powerful vocals of the second half, sepcially the very ending section, he just got it the way I like it.
BunBun View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2016 at 22:11
i will definitely have to give it a listen soon
Hemis View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2016 at 08:39
Remarkable! 20:30 - 20:45 goosebumps ;)
DDPascalDD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2016 at 10:16
Yes, this is my favourite version by now. Very well arranged and beautifully played. The things Steve does here is much more to my liking than the studio version. As for the singer, despite that he seems to lose it for a little while at "in blood he's writing the lyrics...", overall he does it very very well, quite refreshing.
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2016 at 17:41

Could this be the best Supper's Ready version?

Is Peter Gabriel singing?  Then no.
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2016 at 11:49
Originally posted by dwill123 dwill123 wrote:

<h1>Could this be the best Supper's Ready version?</h1>
Is Peter Gabriel singing?  Then no.

Is Nad Sylvan singing? No! Then it's not the worst. ;p
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2016 at 21:02
No, there's just one!
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
Son.of.Tiresias View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2016 at 00:43
You must be joking...This is lame as cold coffee. Whoīs that karaoke kid anyway ? Nevermind.

The best man that possibly could and actually was very able to fill Peter Gabrielīs boots is Nad Sylvan only. His voice and articulation is as good as it possibly can get. His tone is astonishingly near Peterīs truly. It is, I have heard... in Spring 2014 in a great small venue.

Iīve seen him performing GENESIS classics for near three hours in a great venue with flawless sound quality and it was THE BEST EVER CONCERT I have heard in the 2000īs. Well of course because I never saw Gabriel with GENESIS. It was PERFECT in everything, the songs, the sound & visuals quality. Not a single dull moment in three hours duration, they made a little break only for ten minutes. Me and my buddy went to the concert , left our wives home, took no drinks, no cigarettes just listened to that incredible music. They played all the best... "Supperīs Ready", "The Return of Giant Hogweed", "Dance on Volcano" and "Los Endos".  

Me and my buddy were shouting for "The Knife" ! and we got it and the illusion being in a GENESIS gig in the 70īs were perfect. We got "The Fountain of Salmacis" as well. And it was the highlight of the gig, alongside Supper pf course ! And the venue was shaking like in the early days Iīd imagine. It was just incredible. Sheer GENESIS LIVE power. And I will never ever experience that GENESIS LIVE magic again. It was a total illusion and it worked perfectly. It was an unique gig. Iīm blessed to having been there. I havenīt gone to any gigs after that because they all will be musically anticlimax for me, whatever they might be. Just bloody waste of time (grin).

Big smile

Nad Sylvan is the Man and Steve Hackett is the true Moonlit Knight of all England Cool 
God bless them.

Clap Nad, Steve, Roger, Gary, Lee, Rob

If they ever will do it again donīt miss that. Iīm praying for they would someday soon...

Edited by Son.of.Tiresias - October 02 2016 at 04:06
You may see a smile on Tony Banksī face but thatīs unlikely.
 Post Reply Post Reply