Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Music and Musicians Exchange
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Composers: My unfinished work, free for you to use
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedComposers: My unfinished work, free for you to use

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Composers: My unfinished work, free for you to use
    Posted: June 21 2016 at 20:46
Hello ProgArchives,

Any of you who write music or know someone who writes music: I would like to give you this link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLd3Y9-FE4_kere78DeCQcHFUh-b-GZMdg

I spent 2010 through 2015 writing a lot of music, with just a few handfuls of completed compositions and songs I was really happy with. I had lots and lots of ideas I wanted to eventually use, but writing music hasn't held my attention in the last couple years like it used to, so I don't expect I'll do anything with them. If you hear anything in this playlist and think you'd like to do something with it, please use as much or as little of it as you'd like. Maybe it will serve as a jumping point for your own original work. 

You can complete the composition from where I left it, add whatever you want to it, or you can extract little bits and pieces and put it into something entirely different, or do whatever, and you can alter it however you like. Some are messier and less developed than others, and some are single melodies. Some are modern classical I guess, some are prog rock, some are pop songs, one is a Christmas musical, some are whatever. Some of the better ones have a video of the score along with the MIDI audio, and the rest are together in audio-only compilations. Also if it would interest anyone to make use of my completed music too, feel free (I have another playlist for that on the same YT page). Music from the "Blank Space Records" playlist however is not all written by me, so for that you would need to ask permission first.

I'll be posting more unfinished ideas for guitar and piano later, but for now I have the ones I wrote on the computer with MuseScore. It's a great free program for music notation which I recommend, a little glitchy at times, but if you don't want to pay lots of money for a professional one: http://musescore.org (MuseScore now has a version 2, but since my scores were made with MuseScore 1, most of the files will only open with version 1, but you can download either still) If you download MuseScore, I can always send you my original MuseScore files for any of these.

Not that I want to be telling you what to do with your own creative vision, but if you happen to add lyrics, please just try not to be obscene; and I won't detail what I would and wouldn't approve, but keep in mind that I'm a devout Catholic. If you do use something here, all I really ask is that you let me know if you release any of it, because I'd love to hear it!

Nicky

Edited by N-sz - June 21 2016 at 20:48
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2016 at 20:48
How incredibly generous and thoughtful.

Cheers to you -

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
EddieRUKiddingVarese View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2016 at 18:14
Not bad good stuff
"Everyone is born with genius, but most people only keep it a few minutes"
and I need the knits, the double knits!
Asund View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2017 at 00:48
How can people be oblivious to free vsts that don't sound like they're from the early 90s.......
Musically it's first-year level. Pretty generic.

Edited by Asund - January 04 2017 at 00:50
 Post Reply Post Reply