Topic ClosedGuru Guru Groove Band – The Birth of Krautrock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guru Guru Groove Band – The Birth of Krautrock
    Posted: July 14 2016 at 10:08
For Immediate Release

Rare Release Feat. Legendary Guru Guru Founding Members Mani Neumeier and Uli Trepte 
“Guru Guru Groove Band – The Birth of Krautrock 1969” Now Available!

Los Angeles - A newly discovered gem finally sees the light of day courtesy of Guru Guru founding member of Mani Neumeier! Titled “Guru Guru Groove Band – The Birth of Krautrock 1969”, this historically important release was recorded in a small studio in Heidelberg Germany 1969 with Neumeier and future Guru Guru member Uli Trepte, as well as a host of guest musicians, performing a collective free style modal improvisation that would form the foundation of many Krautrock bands to come!

“It was the year 1967, when Mani Neumeier and Uli Trepte left the Free Jazz Trio Irene Schweizer Group. It was the time of a musical revolution, and a sense of change was in the air. When they first heard Jimi Hendrix on the radio, they were so turned on by his tripped out sound that they decided they wanted to create something radical that hadn't been heard or done before. Drawing more musical inspirations from the likes of The Mothers of Invention, Karl Heinz Stockhausen, Indian music, Albert Ayer, and Pink Floyd, Mani Neumeier and Uli Trepte developed the concept of collective free style modal improvisation. Each musician and instrument was supposed to play an equally important role. They had a huge sound, which was dominated by the use of two full Marshall stacks and Mani Neumeier's fluent and inventive drum style. In the first half of 1968, they formed their own sound. The first studio session took place in Heidelberg, Germany. It was a sound expedition recorded on LSD, with several guests on sax, voice and guitar. The band told the engineer that they wanted to play all night. The music was fed through an echo machine to add to the spaced out feel. Now forty years later, Mani Neumeier discovered these very recordings, which can be heard on this album for the very first time! All tracks were recorded two years prior to the first GURU GURU album UFO, which came out in 1970. They were also recorded five years before anyone used the term Krautrock. So here it is, the birth of Krautrock! You better believe it!” – Jurgen Engler

“Guru Guru Groove Band – The Birth of Krautrock 1969” is available on both CD and a special 200 gram white label, hand stamped vinyl pressing!

To purchase:
Buy the CD: http://flyt.it/GuruGuruGrooveBandCD
Buy the Vinyl: http://flyt.it/GuruGuruGrooveBandLP
Buy the digital version: http://flyt.it/GuruGuruGrooveBandDig

Press inquiries:
Glass Onyon PR
Billy James
PH: 828-350-8158

CLEOPATRA RECORDS, Inc.
11041 Santa Monica Blvd #703
Los Angeles CA 90025
www.CleopatraRecords.com

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2016 at 10:25
Hi,

Wooootttt ... more fun! 
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2016 at 13:38
Thumbs Up quite encouraging ...

Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2016 at 13:39
I'm sold.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 14:07
Hi,

Goodness ... Mani is not getting younger ... and it would be nice if he can do this really bright and right, and fun!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2016 at 13:38
Holy moly!!! I just soiled my iPhone with saliva. An unreleased effort from Mani and Uli cut during 69? Man this is going to be good
.....I hope. Not a big fan of UFO as it shows signs of far too much acid in the studio...but still
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply