Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 09:45
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

^^^ I agree with some of that.

I don't know enough history regarding the Fed Reserve to comment further, although I'm aware it is a private bank (not federal at all)

The elephant in the room is Russia IMO. If one does their homework and reads a lot of foreign media and some indie media you'll see how NATO and the EU have expanded ever further towards Russias borders in the last 30 years or so, and how both sides are apparently preparing for a potential showdown. If the proxy wars don't achieve what the west wants, then who knows what happens next....? I think our governments and media are keeping the full gravity of the current situation regarding Russia from us, and letting us fret over Muslims, cops killing black people and economic shocks. If we knew where the world could be going then the civil unrest we've seen so far will seem good natured and frendly in comparison.

The BRICs coalition is a challenge to the World Bank and IMF and the EU/US axis. That is for certain. Half of the world wants the planet run one way and the other half has a different vision. It's like two drunks wrestling for control of the steering wheel of a large truck, in the dark.

Correct. You are right on here. I have been keeping up with this all and have been to Russia and studied the language as well. It's a fascinating culture but there is many more reasons why the West fears it. Putin claims, for example, that they have video footage from a successful spy operation that proves the 9-11 was a government controlled event and they are threatening to release this as well as other info they have obtained from their satellites etc. As well, the former USSR was paramount in its scientific discoveries regarding healing technolgies that could render much of the medical and pharmaceutical industry as we know it completely null and void. It is quite the interesting unfolding saga. Also the Brexit thing seems to be a power play by the monarchy to tie the UK to the Chinese Yuan so that London can jump onto the next big thing which is the rise of the Chinese Empire which will soon be the next great super power dwarfing us all. Better start learning Mandarin everyone!

Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 09:46
Originally posted by BaldFriede BaldFriede wrote:

We should in my opinion be a bit careful before calling this incident, however sad and tragic it is, a "terrorist attack". The truck driver was a petty criminal; maybe he transported something illegal in that truck, tried to sidetrack more busy roads (it is still unclear how he happened to be on that road at all since it was allegedly blocked) panicked when the police tried to stop him and thus created a massacre. I would not rule out that possibility yet.

An interesting point.

However, firearms and grenades were found in the truck, so even if this wasn't an actual terror attack in itself, it seems likely he was at least part of something related to terrorism.

Illegally acquiring grenades goes beyond petty criminality. I believe some of the Bataclan shooters were previously 'petty criminals'

Edited by Blacksword - July 15 2016 at 09:47
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 09:49

We should in my opinion be a bit careful before calling this incident, however sad and tragic it is, a "terrorist attack". The truck driver was a petty criminal; maybe he transported something illegal in that truck, tried to sidetrack more busy roads (it is still unclear how he happened to be on that road at all since it was allegedly blocked) panicked when the police tried to stop him and thus created a massacre. I would not rule out that possibility yet.

I agree. That's why i'm not really talking about this specifically. I would call any form of harm to others a terrorist attack but you're right indeed to point out that this may have absolutely no political ties and simply a crazed mentall ill individual who just had a little too much petrol poured onto his burner. Very sad. I would like to emphasize that as we discuss these arcane political things that we should keep all of those innocent victims and the friends and families of those who lost their lives for know reasons deep in our hearts and not forget the main focus of our discussion. For me, it's just not difficult to pinpoint even the mental health of petty criminals to the decisions being made at the highest of world order levels. It is connected even if it seems random
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 09:54

I'm sure there are complex geo-political reasons why we went after those countries, especially Iraq, which have nothing to do with countering terrorism.

I find it odd that Iran is demonised so much as a terrorist threat when the terror threat we face originates from a different faction of Islam altogether in Saudi, who are supposed to be allies.

If we look at the broader picture, I imagine that the reason we're so opposed to Assad in Syria and the Iranian leadership is because they are allied to Russia.

We are effectivey at war with Russia by proxy. Not a popular view, I suspect.

It is more or less the view that most people outside the Western world who are not sold on America have formed.  When I say sold, I mean blindly in love with/evangelizing its merits unsolicited.  Yeah, we have those sorts here.  But that apart, basically there is anger that America with its pre-eminent position as the world superpower - something even Russia now acknowledges - does not do what it takes to bring this to a halt.  I mean, surely now that it's beginning to cause havoc in Europe, it's about time.  Just how do they justify supporting Saudi to themselves?  Frankly I find the cynicism of the establishment mind boggling.  So many lives being lost and so much dangerous destablisation only because the establishment knowingly looks the other way.  And I don't mean to single out America; I don't believe things would be different with some of the other powerful nations like say Russia or China in the same position and to be frank I believe it would probably be much worse.  
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 09:58

An interesting point.

However, firearms and grenades were found in the truck, so even if this wasn't an actual terror attack in itself, it seems likely he was at least part of something related to terrorism.

Illegally acquiring grenades goes beyond petty criminality. I believe some of the Bataclan shooters were previously 'petty criminals'

I had not known about firearms and grenades being in that truck, but this does not make my point invalid; it actually makes it even more feasible. A possible scenario I see is that he was indeed hired by terrorists for transporting firearms and grenades, but it was a bit over his head. I mean, why use a truck full of useful weapons that could be used for other terrorist attacks for a terrorist attack? That makes very little sense.

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 10:06
It's horrific and so incredibly sad. My heart goes out to the victims and their families. I love France, and this is so very tragic.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 10:06

An interesting point.

I had not known about firearms and grenades being in that truck, but this does not make my point invalid; it actually makes it even more feasible. A possible scenario I see is that he was indeed hired by terrorists for transporting firearms and grenades, but it was a bit over his head. I mean, why use a truck full of useful weapons that could be used for other terrorist attacks for a terrorist attack? That makes very little sense.

Indeed, that makes very little sense at all. You're right.

We're all speculating here I guess but maybe the authorities had got wind of what he was doing and tried to intercept the truck, so he drove through the barricades and made the 'best' of a bad situation. An impromptu and unplanned terror attack maybe. Who knows?
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 10:15

An interesting point.

We're all speculating here I guess but maybe the authorities had got wind of what he was doing and tried to intercept the truck, so he drove through the barricades and made the 'best' of a bad situation. An impromptu and unplanned terror attack maybe. Who knows?

Interesting little debate, with very pertinent points by both of you.

It is entirely possible that this was a lone nutcase, who either panicked, or took it upon himself, without "orders" to cause mayhem.

This, regrettably, is going to happen more often, around the world. IS is doomed. Their territory is being chipped away relentlessly. The future of "jihad" is this, and it is virtually impossible to fight. Who do you attack to defend yourself? Do we really want more innocent souls despatched?

I wish I knew the answer.

I send my love to all of our French friends.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 10:15
Here's another speculation. I find it odd that every time France is getting close to ending its emergency declaration that an attack occurs and they extend it. The same thing is going on with the patriot act in the US. I've seen lots of in depth reporting on how the money trails to funding Da'esh (aka Isis) can be traced back to Western sources. Personally, i think there is a huge push right now to implement a new world order under the flag of Goldman Sachs and cronies. If you listen to Donald Trump's rhetoric and his subordinate capitalists, there are patterns in how what they say and how events are unfolding that i find unsettling. I also believe all the invasions in Iraq and Afghanistan were to also use torture and genetic manipulation to create many of these 'manufactured' terrorists. I've heard detailed info from former military whistleblowers who have spilled the beans about these projects. The fact that this is excalating is because the cabal is making a final power play before they are defeated. This isn't just my opinion, i've listened to a crap load of this stuff and i'm quite convinced if not 100% accurate is definately in the right ball park

Edited by siLLy puPPy - July 15 2016 at 10:16
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 10:22
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

Here's another speculation. I find it odd that every time France is getting close to ending its emergency declaration that an attack occurs and they extend it. The same thing is going on with the patriot act in the US. I've seen lots of in depth reporting on how the money trails to funding Da'esh (aka Isis) can be traced back to Western sources. Personally, i think there is a huge push right now to implement a new world order under the flag of Goldman Sachs and cronies. If you listen to Donald Trump's rhetoric and his subordinate capitalists, there are patterns in how what they say and how events are unfolding that i find unsettling. I also believe all the invasions in Iraq and Afghanistan were to also use torture and genetic manipulation to create many of these 'manufactured' terrorists. I've heard detailed info from former military whistleblowers who have spilled the beans about these projects. The fact that this is excalating is because the cabal is making a final power play before they are defeated. This isn't just my opinion, i've listened to a crap load of this stuff and i'm quite convinced if not 100% accurate is definately in the right ball park

Bloody hell. Now there is a conspiracy theory and a half

Most of Daesh cash actually comes from upright rich nutters in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE. Erm...our "allies". Their brand of Islam is closest to Wahabism, from, erm, Saudi Arabia.

The suggestion that Trump and others are manufacturing this situation is ludicrous, and not worthy of serious discussion.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 10:23
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

An interesting point.

Interesting little debate, with very pertinent points by both of you.

It is entirely possible that this was a lone nutcase, who either panicked, or took it upon himself, without "orders" to cause mayhem.

This, regrettably, is going to happen more often, around the world. IS is doomed. Their territory is being chipped away relentlessly. The future of "jihad" is this, and it is virtually impossible to fight. Who do you attack to defend yourself? Do we really want more innocent souls despatched?

I wish I knew the answer.

I send my love to all of our French friends.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more attacks with this MO. It's cheap, requires little planning and is virtually impossible to prevent.

It was always said - I think by Bin Laden himself back in the day - that Al Queada was an ideology first and foremost more than a structured organisation. It was his wish to inspire attacks in the name of that ideology. The same principle applies, I'm sure to Daesh. Of course some attacks are clearly funded and planned and backed by larger cells.

These are bad times, and since 9/11, although we've not had another attack on that scale, the frequency and unpredictability of attacks seems to be increasing year on year.

Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 11:02

That makes very little sense.
That is really it in the end.  It makes no sense and trying to make sense out of it is futile. Angry
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 11:57

Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

^ No, I fundamentally disagree, and your position seems resigned and disinterested, to be honest.

You equate "homegrown citizens of other heritages" (whatever that actually means) with the US's "share of egregious atrocities" but then don't clearly connect those two things.   

Perhaps i've delved into things more than you have. There is a history going back quite some time of France and other Western powers interfering, colonizing and exploiting various regions around the globe. Once occupied it's not like these occupiers treat the occupied very well. This history doesn't just disappear once they leave and the tales of injustice are passsed down from one generation to another and becomes incorporated into the very fabric of DNA of the descendents of the formerly occupied. Add to that some fanatacism under the guise of a spiritual practice and you have a recipe for exactly what has been happening not to mention the economic inequalities that create stagnant pools of resentment. After having listened to literally hundreds of hours of whistleblower testimonies there is more than enough evidence that many of these so-called terrorist cells are manufactured and funded by financial institions in the West. It has also been revealed that there indeed have been programs that have engaged in the manipulation of the mind in order to create terrorists from individuals who would never engage in such things otherwise. Sounds tinfoil hat territory i understand but i'm convinced there is something much more clandestine going down.

The Dallas shooter was an ex-army Texan;  are you suggesting Americans of African descent should be lumped-in in with religious terrorists and anti-government fanatics?   I'd be mighty careful there, and cosmic truths are useless to us unless they bring us closer to cultural progression.

The Dallas shooter like any other 'terrorist' is responding to something that occured before. In this case it's a no brainer that the ceaseless killing of African Americans at the hands of police in the US will create lone wolves who feel that they need to strike back. Cosmic truths are never useless, that's why they are called truths. The fact is not everyone wants to follow them which is why much of the world is has difficulties finding that elusive cultural progression.

And this is General Discussions, 'more prog' is irrelevant.

'More prog' is NEVER irrelevant! One of the purproses of these sorts of attacks to install fear and change the emotional body of all of us. One of the best things we can do to ensure that the desired effects of these sorts of attacks aren't successful is by engaging in building up our happiness levels and piece of mind. The dementers of doom who plot and carry these things out are in effect basically 'fear farmers' and when we engage in releasing fearful emtions it feeds the dark powers that operate behind the scene. 

We stand with France against the cowards of Europe who would kill unarmed bystanders.  

OUI, monsieur! We do stand with them all. Vive la France! One of my favorite countries

Well since you've "delved into things more than I have", I'm puzzled this would be your conclusion.   But that's okay, I was young too once.

Was Lee Harvey Oswald, one of the most successful terrorists in US history, being cerebrally manipulated?   Does it matter?   Was he not a deeply disturbed and malleable 24 year-old?   Was he not responsible for his actions?   Was he not clearly involved in the assassination even if he didn't pull the trigger that day?   Of course he was, because otherwise why flee the Book Depository, pick up a handgun an slip into a theater without paying?

I don't care how manipulated or controlled or brainwashed someone may be, one doesn't kill tens or hundreds of people because some Manchurian Candidacy has been foisted upon them.

You are responsible.   I am responsible.   We all are responsible for our actions.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 11:57

Most of Daesh cash actually comes from upright rich nutters in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE. Erm...our "allies". Their brand of Islam is closest to Wahabism, from, erm, Saudi Arabia.

The suggestion that Trump and others are manufacturing this situation is ludicrous, and not worthy of serious discussion.

Who do you think funds Saudi Arabia and other allies? I know this all sounds off the cuff but I have spent many years studying these things and if you keep up with things like wikileaks, revelations leaked by Edward snowden, and countless whistle blowers then it becomes more apparent that these terrorist attacks are manufactured by design. Their is an alliance who is working on a huge data dump in the near future. Prepare to have your entire reality change

tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 15:44
You all seem to forget that this is not a recent clash of cultures. Ever heard of Godfrey de Bouillon and the first Crusade in 1096 , the defeat of the Moors at Tours in 732 and the list goes on .....Up until relatively recently , this has been the LONGEST conflict in History. Its just being rebooted. 
Blaming it on American Imperialism is cute, perhaps even valid but the root causes are way more complicated that just flippant commentary and conspiracy theories. History books are meant to be read, or else repeated catastrophes will occur.   
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 16:44
Originally posted by tszirmay tszirmay wrote:

Blaming it on American Imperialism is cute

It's adorable, and as you allude to, obscures the moral psychosis that has permeated civilization for centuries.   Bunch o' messed-up, angry young men (and a few ladies).  

As uttered by a character in the film Radio Days ; "What a world-- it could be so wonderful if it weren't for certain people".

Edited by Atavachron - July 15 2016 at 17:30
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 17:46

Who do you think funds Saudi Arabia and other allies? I know this all sounds off the cuff but I have spent many years studying these things and if you keep up with things like wikileaks, revelations leaked by Edward snowden, and countless whistle blowers then it becomes more apparent that these terrorist attacks are manufactured by design. Their is an alliance who is working on a huge data dump in the near future. Prepare to have your entire reality change

What a Grand Delusion, Neo. I am hoping the next blue pill you take is a Thorazine to help control your seizures. Although your ability to connect dots and detect patterns would make John Nash blush, and is certainly entertaining (in a gawking at a car crash sort of way), the sort of conspiracy you are suggesting has so many moving parts and so many confidences and so many harmonious and equitable working relationships between dramatically disparate groups over such a long period of time that it defies human nature utterly.

Occam's Razor, however, would suggest a more elegant and simple solution: religious fundamentalism that incorporates both governmental and judicial law, and an all-encompassing cultural matrix that has never left the Middle Ages. In a historical context, the popes of the early medieval period, culminating in the reign of Innocent III, almost achieved the sort of all-encompassing cultural, religious and political matrix that fundamentalist Muslims are still attempting a thousand years past the period when something like that would actually work.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 18:46
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Originally posted by tszirmay tszirmay wrote:

Blaming it on American Imperialism is cute

As uttered by a character in the film Radio Days ; "What a world-- it could be so wonderful if it weren't for certain people".

Thanks for that one David, I really need to see that film again. 

rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 22:39

Rather than who, it's a what.  It's the oil.  I feel there is a correlation between shale gas coming on the market and leading to the collapse of crude oil - which was really intended to bleed Russia to death - and the Saudi retaliation.  They have really ramped up the violence because they sense they are going to run out of money.  They cannot afford to play the waiting game anymore.  Hence the difference between the modus operandi of the sly, sneaky Al Qaeda and the grandiose Caliphate of the IS.  It's a war cry to mobilise Muslims on their side and the invoking of Jihad is intended to coerce them into complying.  So coming to Jihad..

I do not know if the Rothschilds were around or involved in the Third Battle of Panipat.  Anyway, the Afghan emperor Ahmed Shah Abdali invoked Jihad to get Sujad-ud-Daula, a Maratha ally, on his side.  That, among other things, tipped the scales in his favour in a battle he won.  So Jihad is practically as old as Muslim civilization.  Now, mind I have serious reservations or should I say criticisms regarding the way the Western powers have handled the Gulf in the post war years.  I dare not speak about the creation of Israel in particular which is endlessly justified whereas the mere uprooting of a mosque in India invited severe condemnation from international human rights agencies.  I am not justifying the latter, just pointing out the hypocrisy in this.  But for all that, we cannot say the Muslim tiger's stripes were only painted over on their hide by an international conspiracy.  There is a fundamentalist strain in their religion.  To be fair, there is in most if not all religions but it is particularly militant today in Islam compared to other religions.  A good friend of mine, a Muslim and a peaceful one at that, said an eye for an eye may make the world blind but it would also make it equal Confused.  I had to completely part ways on that one.  

As I see it, most Western civilians seem to wish for peace even as their govts seem to be hell bent on following the exact opposite course and creating weird-ass justifications for it so that they may continue to occupy the moral high ground.  In contrast, there is more 'unity' and 'alignment' between the people and the rulers in the Islamic world.  Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing I can't tell.  We can only watch from the sidelines (and get mercilessly dragged into the conflict from time to time) as the centuries old clash of civilisations continues to this day, albeit in different hues. 
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 23:07
This new age of terrorism sh*ts me to tears. Why can't these f**kers get over their sh*t and leave things as they are ??? And 'in the name of God' (or Allah, or whoever......) just a pile of delusional w**ker's that have yet to discover Prog...................
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>