Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2016 at 02:25
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

Originally posted by npjnpj npjnpj wrote:

First of all, I must admit that this is an emotional response, after this latest attack I’m not nearly calm enough for a measured reply. I am very, very angry.
I have lived in Germany for many decades now and have therefore been living in a civilized, safe environment and society. This now appears to be over.
The mornings now consist of getting up and scanning the news headlines, not so much as to read about any new world developments, but wondering if a new attack has happened on my home soil, where this happened, and how many casualties there have been. I expect this now.
This is the country in which I now live.
When the refugees first arrived, I belonged to the faction that supported the decision of the German government to help these people; it was the civilized and humane thing to do. I supported this view vehemently until very recently. I couldn’t understand the other European countries closing their borders and refusing entry to all these poor people seeking shelter and help from war and destruction in their own countries.
Now I am forced to admit that they were right and I was wrong.
The problem is that I still firmly believe that the vast majority of refugees are frightened and helpless people who need support after a terrible ordeal, and there are relatively few who pose a threat or danger, but it’s these few who are threatening me and my friends’ and family’s personal safety. The comforting feeling of safety is gone, the war has now been moved to my home turf.
I know I may be overreacting; as I said earlier, this is an emotional response, but I no longer feel 100% safe in our own cities. My response is to eye foreigners I pass everywhere with careful suspicion, something I’ve never done before. It’s an unconscious reflex response. I don’t want it to be that way, but I can’t help it. It’s not really that I suspect some of them to go berserk all of a sudden, but wondering if I’m unlucky enough to come across one of those few who spell trouble. It could happen anywhere, anytime. That’s the country I now live in. And because of that, I feel angry.
At the same time I realise that this is the intended response, so I also feel manipulated and bad about my own changing viewpoint.
I don’t think there is a solution. There is no opponent to talk to or no one with whom to come to an agreement, and the killing in the country in which I live will go on, becoming more and more common with each passing week.
The mistake has been made, the floodgates have been opened and the enemy that can’t be seen is walking among us, and it’s now a new country that is only beginning its downward spiral with no solution in sight. This sounds melodramatic, it probably is, but that’s the way I feel about it.
I can only hope that, given enough cause, this country won’t descend into vigilantism with angry mobs starting to roam the streets at night. Looking at the ghastly political developments with the far right parties on the rise, I don’t think this is very far away. After all, a few months back none of us would have thought it possible what’s happening here now.
Both God and Allah help us all.

I have been living in Germany since 1993. I don't share these feelings, but I understand them. I do however not support your conclusion "Now I am forced to admit that they were right and I was wrong". excuse me?

the Munich shootist was born and raised in Germany; he held German as well as Iranian citizenship. he does not have any connections to refugees at all. he was German period, just as I am German now. and everything points to him being someone running amok; there is no terrorist background at all. and I sincerely doubt his ethnicity has anything to do with his amok run.

as to the bombing in Arnsbach: nothing is known of the background of that bombing yet. it is therefore just jumping to conclusions as to the perpetrator(s) of that bombing.

so I don't see how you arrive at your conclusion

The bombing is purported to have been done by a Syrian asylum seeker. Is that still very much in question?

From the link I posted above https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2016/jul/25/ansbach-explosion-german-town-deliberate-blast-latest:

Quote Official says attacker probably an Islamist

Bavarian Interior Minister Joachim Herrmann said it likely that the attack was the work of an “Islamist” suicide bomber, Deutsche Presse-Agentur reports.

It quotes him saying: “My personal opinion is that I unfortunately think it is very obvious that there has been a real Islamist suicide attack here. The obvious intent to kill more people, at least indicates an Islamist background.”

------------------------
The shooter's parents were from Iran, but Shiite, which are the enemies of groups like IS.

The man who killed a woman in the machete attack was a Syrian refugee.

And a hand-drawn IS flag was found at the home of the 17 year old Afghan refugee that did the attack on the train.

It's been a bloody week for Germany.

Edited by Logan - July 25 2016 at 02:27
Just a fanboy passin' through.
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2016 at 02:47
even if the Ansbach assailant is Syrian: we still know nothing of the background. and the Munich assailant had a German parent. I think social conditions have a lot more to do with becoming a terrorist than ethnicity.

I deal with people from other countries and of other ethnic backgrounds almost daily, many of them benig refugees. Friede and I do voluntary work in a neighborhood center, and many of the people who come there are of the Islamic faith. all of them are very nice people

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2016 at 03:15

This is a nice sentiment, and I wish it were true.
I agree that social conditions seem to play a vital part, but that's all that I'm in agreement with in your statement.
The way I see it, it is not a matter of ethnic background or nationality, this seems to be entirely religious-driven. It transcends countries, borders and ethnic groups. It's almost ethereal.
I can't even remember when or if I last heard of a Christian, Hindu, or Buddhist rampage.

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2016 at 03:31
The Munich one was a different sort of case.

Of course most are nice. But when you have several attacks in a week from migrants with a certain religious faith in a week and that follows closely on the heels of a serious attack on a neighboring country which has experienced several horrific attacks, and your country has taken on a massive number of refugees/migrants from certain parts of the world which have bred many terrorists and terrorist sympathizers, it's understandable that people might be worried. I do think more people should read the Quran and Hadith to get to know the faith better.

Social conditions may well be the most important factor, but the social conditions is certain countries may have got people used to violence and very angry. It's hard to create the right social conditions for any culture and peoples you bring in when you bring in so, so many so, so quickly. France and Belgium never seemed to manage well with certain groups, even over generations. The West should fear militant Islamism as do many moderate Moslems and other people's in predominantly Moslem nations. Sharia, for instance, is really at odds with Western law, but a considerable number want to see it imposed. There is a problem when certain cultures are at odds with the cultures they live in.

Religious-driven extremism is very scary as it is so irrational and people believe that they will be rewarded for what we could consider abhorrent behavior. Since Charlie Hebdo in particular, I've become less tolerant of intolerant peoples.

Helping the refugees is great and just, but a state's primary responsibility is the safety and welfare of its own citizens first.
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2016 at 03:39

I agree that social conditions seem to play a vital part, but that's all that I'm in agreement with in your statement.
The way I see it, it is not a matter of ethnic background or nationality, this seems to be entirely religious-driven. It transcends countries, borders and ethnic groups. It's almost ethereal.
I can't even remember when or if I last heard of a Christian, Hindu, or Buddhist rampage.

that's because of the media selection. do you know that there were 5 terrorist attacks by catholic anti-abortionists in 2015 in the USA alone? (arson in California, Illinois, Washington and Louisiana, three people killed and nine injured in a shooting in Colorado)? probably not; crimes by fanatic Catholics are just not the big headlines; a crime by someone of Islamic faith just gets more attention

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2016 at 03:43
I think the Ansbach attacker had been treated for mental illness, not that that's an excuse for doing what he did, but may explain it more so than straight forward Islamic extremist ideology. We don't know the full background of this individual, and we're getting to the point now where terrorist attacks are so frequent across Europe that the media is going to have to start putting controls on how they report such events because of the effect it will have on the support of far right groups and a bloody and uncontrollable backlash.

If things keep going this way we will be in a situation where everyone will have to go through scanners or pat downs before going into a shopping mall. No one will want to go to music festivals out of fear. If we get to that point then the war is over, and will have been won, but not by Europe or the US.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2016 at 04:10
Yep, I'd read that he had mental health issues. Far right groups will grow in power, I think that's unavoidable, and I do think that there will be a violent, uncontrollable backlash. Problem with such ideology is that it preys on those (or appeals to) who are weak-minded, maladjusted, and have mental health problems, such as in the case of the schizophrenic nanny in Russia who beheaded her ward and carried it around in the streets inspired by watching ISIS beheadings and told journalists that Allah had ordered her to behead the girl.

I'd like to think that we're moving more and more into a rational society that is outgrowing superstition and hatreds, but it's feeling less rational by the day. The climate's being destroyed, extremism of different forms is on the rise, these are dark days, but I have hope for the future.

Edited by Logan - July 25 2016 at 04:12
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2016 at 04:24
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

I think the Ansbach attacker had been treated for mental illness, not that that's an excuse for doing what he did, but may explain it more so than straight forward Islamic extremist ideology. We don't know the full background of this individual, and we're getting to the point now where terrorist attacks are so frequent across Europe that the media is going to have to start putting controls on how they report such events because of the effect it will have on the support of far right groups and a bloody and uncontrollable backlash.

If things keep going this way we will be in a situation where everyone will have to go through scanners or pat downs before going into a shopping mall. No one will want to go to music festivals out of fear. If we get to that point then the war is over, and will have been won, but not by Europe or the US.
Isn't all violent fanaticism mental illness?
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2016 at 04:32
who defines what mental illness is? you could for example argue that building and keeping an arsenal of nuclear weapons is a sign of mental illness, so all responsible for building and keeping them, in essence the reigning politicians of states that keep them and anyone involved in selling or manufacturing them is mentally insane

CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2016 at 04:37

Well, in Europe, Buddhists and Hindus are not exactly wide audiences and I can't say they look very violent.
But the Muslim minority in Burma (the Rohingyas), sometimes described as the most persecuted minority in the world, is suffering an intense campaign of violence led by... a Buddhist monk...
Also, the violences between Muslims and Hindus in India are quite intense and I'm not sure it's all the fault of the Muslims...
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2016 at 04:49
Then I suppose we can agree on the assumption that religion in general seems to lie at the root of the problem.
So now what?
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2016 at 05:04

Then I suppose we can agree on the assumption that religion in general seems to lie at the root of the problem.
So now what?

Well, nothing. Lunch time, I guess?
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2016 at 05:11
Originally posted by CPicard CPicard wrote:

So now what?

Well, nothing. Lunch time, I guess?

A tricky one, but for a start I wish that somehow without too much backlash to bear, states would stop funding religious schools and subsidizing religions. If the kids aren't so inculcated and are exposed to different peoples, then they'll be less predisposed to prejudice and be more open to different ideas. In Northern Ireland, I think things might have been a lot better if instead of the protestant kids going to one school and the Catholics another, they had gone to school together. Ghettoization should be discouraged too as much as possible/ feasible.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2016 at 05:21
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

Isn't all violent fanaticism mental illness?

Isn't all religious faith, fanatical or otherwise a form of mental illness?

Edited by Blacksword - July 25 2016 at 05:23
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2016 at 05:35
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

<p ="msonormal"="">This is a nice sentiment, and I wish it were true.

I agree that social conditions seem to play a vital part, but that's all that
I'm in agreement with in your statement.

The way I see it, it is not a matter of ethnic background or nationality, this
seems to be entirely religious-driven. It transcends countries, borders and
ethnic groups. It's almost ethereal.

I can't even remember when or if I last heard of a Christian, Hindu, or Buddhist
rampage.

<!--if gte mso 9>
<w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true"    DefSemi="true" DefQat="false" DefPriority="99"    LatentStyleCount="267">
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Normal"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="ing 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 7"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 8"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 9"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" Qat="true" Name="caption"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Title"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtitle"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Strong"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="No Spacing"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Quote"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" Semi="false"     UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Book Title"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Qat="true" Name="TOC ing"/>
</w:LatentStyles>
<!--><!--if gte mso 10>

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
     {mso-style-name:"Normale Tabelle";
     mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
     mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
     mso-style-noshow:yes;
     mso-style-priority:99;
     mso-style-qformat:yes;
     mso-style-parent:"";
     mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
     mso-para-margin-top:0in;
     mso-para-margin-right:0in;
     mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;
     mso-para-margin-left:0in;
     line-height:115%;
     mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
     font-size:11.0pt;
     font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
     mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
     mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
     mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
     mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;
     mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
     mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

<!-->

that's because of the media selection. do you know that there were 5 terrorist attacks by catholic anti-abortionists in 2015 in the USA alone? (arson in California, Illinois, Washington and Louisiana, three people killed and nine injured in a shooting in Colorado)? probably not; crimes by fanatic Catholics are just not the big headlines; a crime by someone of Islamic faith just gets more attention

The problem is religious psychosis generally. The Islam vs the west situation is largely manufuctured IMO. I thought maybe it was because we needed an enemy to justify military spending and increased surveillance, but then I realised that NATO is also amassing forces along Russia's borders so maybe the Islamic thing is a distraction from a far bigger event that is still to come, and that Muslims and westerners alike are simply cattle and pawns being played off against each other in the meantime to keep us all looking the other way.

How's that for paranoia?
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2016 at 05:42
Education and integration would be the main points, I would have thought, but there are two problems with this.
Education takes time, not to mention the conflicts concerning the ethnic backgrounds this would evoke. Education is not regarded as a desirable trait; hard work and manual labour is. That is my conclusion from numerous conversations I've held.
Integration, though, is an even more difficult point.
As we are focusing on Germany at the moment: foreign groups of varying backgrounds arrived in Germany during the middle sixties to help with the work force required at the time. Many went back after several years, but many stayed. With fault lying on both sides, it has to be concluded that large-scale integration has ..... not ..... worked! Even after more than 50 years. This can be witnessed in every German city. The ethnic and religious differences seem just too pronounced.
The refugees who have now entered the country come from regions and backgrounds that are even further removed from western culture than the work forces of the 60s were.
I'm at a complete loss now because if, as I surmise, education and integration would be the factors most likely to help, they are met with resistance on both sides.
But someone had better do something, because otherwise we'll never be safe again.
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2016 at 05:45
@Blacksword: I like conspiracy theories as much as the next man, and nothing is out of the question, but one thing at a time, perhaps?
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2016 at 07:52

So now what?

I do not agree with that.
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2016 at 08:32
Thank goodness for that. Neither do I.
jayem View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2016 at 09:28
Faith in any doctrine encouraging violence whatsoever, whether religious or not, is an excellent vehicle to justify acts of violence. As for religious books, peace-seekers will find verses backing their views, and  warmongers will find motivation in other verses.

If a killer thinks God has decided to get rid of part of His Creation, and God wants to make use of him, it will feel great to the killer to be God's agent; or if he feels bad (maybe on behalf of others) and wants other people to taste similar unwellness, he'll invoke God's punishment for degenerate morality, sins, laziness or whatever reasons. If he goes to war and knows probability of killing civilians is high, he may trust God takes care of everything and have no worry about soul salvation.
If he's an Atheist he may want to "clean" as much as he can, the World from uninteresting, polluting, etc dwellers, or maybe he craves to feeling powerful and strong, and it feels strong when you take others' lives.

Now how others' life / health become worthless, and how those lethal faiths grow from and how they mature, leads us to investigate life drive vs death drive working in various situations.

The Munich case doesn't need be driven by mental disease of genetic kind, since it seems to have stemmed from bullying experiment, typically violence endured by people whom one notices too much for one's taste, hence a discomfort and an uncool tag. Apparently one who tries to settle uncoolness problems with the use of violence deserves at least as much a confrontation with relationship experts (or psys)  than their uncool victim.

Typically, any victim of bullying should be given as models people with a similar "aura" who have managed to find a posture that gets them either unnoticed, or noticed but for a good reason.

However unlikely it is that things may calm down, the single process of getting in touch with haters (found around any hot political/war topic) of all kind and challenging their views on the net should end up bringing some more peace on a general level.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>