Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBased on gut feeling...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: Who do you think will win the US presidential election?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
26 [63.41%]
15 [36.59%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2016 at 21:05
numbers don't lie...the electoral math favors the Democratic Party. The more so since Virginia went red to blue, and it isn't the only one that will be flipping in the years to come. Demographic change will be a bitch for the Republican party unless they jetison their racist, bigot, holy roller core of supporters.

Hillary wins...  Trump has to win Democrats  to win the election. Not counting the bubba vote. They haven't been voting Democrat in years. Did they vote for Obama LOL

He has to win over real democrats.  He isn't likely to do that. sh*t....He is having trouble winning over Republicans.

Edited by micky - July 27 2016 at 21:07
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2016 at 22:20
Numbers only matter on election day......Hillary the Criminal is also having trouble winning over her party.
The Clinton plan to roll over anyone who stands in their way will probably work.
Complete and total scumbags since the Arkansas days...
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2016 at 00:30
It boils down to "Do I think America is stupid?" and the answer to that is "No."

...of course the fly in the ointment there is some smart people who think they are smarter than everyone else could put Trump in the White House by not voting for Clinton.
What?
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2016 at 03:48
Numbers are misleading. You'll find multiple polls putting one ahead of the other. A CNN poll last week put Trump quite significantly ahead, but the election is not until November..anything could turn around. Both parties will be digging in the dirt to find the ultimate piece of buried cat turd that will de-rail the others chances. Trump has allegedly been seeking the assistance of Putin and others to publish sh*t on Hillary. It's a filthy game all round..

Polls in the UK put Remain out in front - albeit slightly - ahead of the recent referendum, and we ended up voting Brexit on the day. Even Nigel Farage thought the Remainers would win. Polls mean jack sh*t, and I suspect are usually slanted in favour of the political compass of the organisation running the poll. The CNN poll favoured Trumps chances, but that may have been in order to rally the troops around Clinton. Does anyone actually verify these poll results and if so, how?

Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2016 at 07:36
In the end I hope Hillary The Criminal (as some very intelligent prog fans here call her) pulls up the win thanks to the (admittedly absurd) electoral college system here. I hope the stupid state where I live (FL) doesn't go all insane (more than it already is) and puts Hillary over the top. 

But again, gut feeling tells me Trump The Honest One (as some people here would call him, his "University" frauds, use of irregular immigrant labor, bankruptcies, etc etc etc notwithstanding) may become the next president. 
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2016 at 08:30
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

It boils down to "Do I think America is stupid?" and the answer to that is "No."

Have you ever been here? If so has it been outside of the cities like NY, SF, LA? Have you ever dared drive through the vast swaths of wastelands called The South, The Midwest? Unfortunately there is plenty of ignorance and miseducation going on here and it's really several countries stitched together by force. It's always a battle of the stupid vs the enlightened here and it's never a clear case of which side will win. I'm still convinced politics is rigged because the financial system would never allow true democracy to grow too large so they let it grow like that volunteering weed in the garden and then prune it when it becomes too large

zappaholic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2016 at 08:56
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

Hillary The Criminal (as some very intelligent prog fans here call her)

The correct, GOP-approved appellation is CrookedHillary™ (expanded by some to ExtremelyCarelessCrookedHillary™).  And I understand they've also approved CorruptKaine™ for her running mate.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." -- H.L. Mencken
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2016 at 09:02
^I'm sure Trump will actually opt for BoringKaine instead... 
manofmystery View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2016 at 09:46
I'm just over here like I hope Gary Johnson somehow gets into the debates

Time always wins.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2016 at 10:21
Ha!! Love the Hillary names....all fit like a glove! Her and OJ share the same glove LOL.
Am I an intelligent prog fan?? Yes I am..thanks! LOL

I have an uncle who is retired from the World Bank and IMF, he truly is the smartest person I know. He has always worked with developing countries to help them create a system to better their lives, economy and infrastructure, he is an economist. Has lived in Brazil, Nepal, Peru and still logs probably 200K air miles every year still doing consulting work all over the world.
He has political ties everywhere, based on the kind of work he does........I will not bore you with the details he gave me last week as I visited him in DC, but essentially the feeling in DC on Hillary is of shock that the US public is actually voting for her, based on everything she has done (and of course not done in any office she has held), that the public is completely ignoring the fact that she has done criminal acts and been associated with, the media has not followed thru on that as much as they should, never will. His opinion of her is she has little to no qualifications to hold this position, neither candidate has really, he said of Trump that he knows he will surround himself with intelligent people if he wins, he will not do much decision making on his own....duh! Big smile

If she wins she needs to buy everyone at CNN a $100 steak dinner.....the general public has no clue, what a shame.
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2016 at 11:24
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

Have you ever been here? If so has it been outside of the cities like NY, SF, LA? Have you ever dared drive through the vast swaths of wastelands called The South, The Midwest? Unfortunately there is plenty of ignorance and miseducation going on here and it's really several countries stitched together by force. It's always a battle of the stupid vs the enlightened here and it's never a clear case of which side will win. I'm still convinced politics is rigged because the financial system would never allow true democracy to grow too large so they let it grow like that volunteering weed in the garden and then prune it when it becomes too large

I've worked in Texas and/but I've spent a fair bit of time in SF and LA, so I am fully aware of what you are referring to. 

Edited by Dean - July 28 2016 at 11:24
What?
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2016 at 11:32
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Ha!! Love the Hillary names....all fit like a glove! Her and OJ share the same glove LOL.

I dislike all forms of childish name-calling (unless I thought of it first). However, it characterises the school-playground bullying nature of American politics rather well.
What?
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2016 at 11:35
Originally posted by manofmystery manofmystery wrote:

I'm just over here like I hope Gary Johnson somehow gets into the debates
Every non-liberal and/or "republican" who votes for Johnson is a vote that Trump doesn't get, so that's okay.
What?
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2016 at 15:01
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

But again, gut feeling tells me Trump The Honest One (as some people here would call him, his "University" frauds, use of irregular immigrant labor, bankruptcies, etc etc etc notwithstanding) may become the next president. 

Not to mention his ties to the Mob and Union corruption in New York which surprisingly no one has mentioned in the press so far.....and yes there are articles about this online in the past...but like many rich folks he has managed to escape the mud from this just like Hillary has escaped the e-mail fiasco.
Confused
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2016 at 15:06

...of course the fly in the ointment there is some smart people who think they are smarter than everyone else could put Trump in the White House by not voting for Clinton.
Ermm Sounds like stupid people to me.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2016 at 15:16
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Numbers only matter on election day......Hillary the Criminal is also having trouble winning over her party.
blah blah blah

^
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_information_voter

numbers matter for if you knew a thing about politics you'd know that over HALF of U.S counties... give over 60% of their votes to one party or another.

the point..numbers matter.  Fully 85% of the electoral results  are known already.. and the the Democratic Party hold a large lead. That is not gloating.. just fact.. a notion you all have problems with.  The point being... Trump has to win democratic leaning states and Democrats to win thus the very constituancies he does worst to win.  He can...sure he can.. anything is possible. The question is who is going to win, not who you want to win. 

He is down 10 points in PA in the latest polls.. pre convention bounce btw. Likely to be down 15 to 20 after a very successful and well watched convention. 

He loses PA.. he has literally NO plausible path to 270.

Edited by micky - July 28 2016 at 15:20
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2016 at 15:22
^Ah, numbers only count in horseshoes and elections! Btw, I think Hillary looks good in teal.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2016 at 15:36
Originally posted by Micky Micky wrote:

He is down 10 points in PA in the latest polls.. pre convention bounce btw. Likely to be down 15 to 20 after a very successful and well watched convention.

He loses PA.. he has literally NO plausible path to 270.

Latest PA poll figures give Clinton a very significant lead: Clinton/Kaine has 9 votes and Trump/Pence has two votes which puts him tied with Johnson/Weld. I'll be keeping my eye on the PA results:http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=107409

Or did you mean Pennsylvania instead of Prog Archives?;)

Silliness aside, my feeling is that Hillary Clinton will win.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2016 at 15:40
lmao.. you need a break from the site Greg..

Pennsylvania my friend..LOL
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2016 at 18:34
Answer: Trump.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Addendum: Geez, I hate them all, but Trump especially. And if Hillary can't protect her emails, then she sure as s$%t can't protect a country. 

With that said, I'd vote for Clinton with bitterness, but I'm afraid that with his resolve to kill the families of terrorists, Trump will win this election. 

Edited by Dayvenkirq - July 28 2016 at 18:45
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>