Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What albums did you listen to today?...continued
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What albums did you listen to today?...continued

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 207208209210211 522>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2018 at 08:05
^ Youre gonna love Dehumanizer   
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2018 at 08:06
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Nick, talk about symmetry! I just finished listening to the self-titled Dream Theater album from a few years back now, and here you are! And I haven't spun DT in months either!

Hey, I also picked up several of the later 80's/early 90's Black Sabbath albums very cheap today at the first record fair of the year - `Tyr', `Cross Purposes', `Dehumanizer' etc for a couple of bucks on CD each

Hope you've been well, mate.

Awe Michael! It is great to hear from you and to be back! It seems like the PA security bullsh*t has finally been put to death. I can post freely again! This is a happy day and what better way to come back with a DT symetry with you! Talk about spiritual Prog brothers huh? Wow. Very cool and what a great Sabbath haul!
Dehumanizer isn't bad! It has really grown on me.
DIO voice is a bit deeper but my god does he ever still sing like a champion. :)

Glad to be back Mike. Gonna be kicking around again and spewing out my love for Prog to others once again.

Glad this capatcha sh*t is done! What a drag that was.
So frustrating.

Anyhow. Happy Sunday to you,mate...although it may be Monday already where you are. Lol.

Enjoy the day! Listen well and listen loud n' proud! That goes for all of you.

Enjoy the music. :)
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2018 at 09:05
Comus: To Keep From Crying
Faust: Something Dirty
Sammal: Suuliekki
the Jam: All Mod Cons
Yes: the Ladder
Prog Sothoth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2018 at 11:04
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

Nothing to add, except that I enjoy writeups like this. Keep it up. :D

Thanks! Music is always and adventure for me, so I can't help but throw in some quips.Beer

Spooky Tooth - Spooky Two: Funny how the Brits were able to capture than southern-fried US rock sound. There's a bit of gospel, country and a lot of blues to go along with the heavy jams. Really a great listen all the way through, except those falsettos during "Evil Woman" have got to go (lots of Evil Woman tunes out there...stay pressed, dudes).

Immolation - Atonement: Good ole' bizarre, shape-shifting death metal. Pretty awesome that these old-timers can rip out some delirious terror-fests post-50 years of age. Death metal is like "dad music" now. 

Black Flag - In My Head: Puzzling album. Henry sounds subdued and is often low in the mix. Greg's guitar solos are loud, drunk and ill sounding. Apparently his live playing mimics the note selections for these solos perfectly. Some jazzy weirdness happening in "The Crazy Girl", a very good number.

Various artists - 1Love - Winter: Ever wanted to listen to something completely wrong for whatever reason? Such as...say...a Korean reggae music project professing the love of winter? With song titles including "In This Winter", "Winter Rain is Falling" and "White Winter"? I though this might have been an Olympic deal with a sort of ode to Jamaican bobsledding, but this came out in 2016...weird. Cute cover though...

Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2018 at 13:52
Dream Theater – s/t
Black Sabbath – Tyr
Black Sabbath – Born Again
The Nice – Ars Longa Vita Brevis
Henry Cow – Leg-End
Gong – Camembert Electrique
Triumvirat – Old Loves Die Hard

Vangelis – Spiral – I swear Vangelis must have been seeing some action when he recorded this, it’s so happy, optimistic and romantic!
ALotOfBottle View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALotOfBottle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2018 at 13:58
^Nice!!! Love that Gong album and (as you probably know) love Leg-End. Smile

Also a great listening day today for me.

骨架的 - Holograms
Oneohtrix Point Never - Ruined Lives
Hype Williams - One Nation
Za Siódmą Górą - Muzyka jakiej świat nie widzi
Oneohtrix Point Never - R Plus Seven
Categories strain, crack and sometimes break, under their burden - step out of the space provided.
Magnum Vaeltaja View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnum Vaeltaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2018 at 22:24
The Beatles - Let It Be
Jean Sibelius - Lemminkainen Suite, Op. 22
Arachnoid - Arachnoid
Miles Davis - Sketches of Spain
when i was a kid a doller was worth ten dollers - now a doller couldnt even buy you fifty cents
Larkstongue41 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larkstongue41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2018 at 23:07
Modry Efekt - Nova Synteza
Boredoms - Vision Creation Newsun
Sot Machine - Softs
Tom Ze - Estudando o Samba
Univers Zero - Ceux du Dehors
The For Carnation - The For Carnation
Swans - To Be Kind
Kraftwerk - Autobahn
Maneige - Les Porches
"Larks' tongues. Wrens' livers. Chaffinch brains. Jaguars' earlobes. Wolf nipple chips. Get 'em while they're hot. They're lovely. Dromedary pretzels, only half a denar."
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2018 at 00:20
Originally posted by Prog Sothoth Prog Sothoth wrote:

Spooky Tooth - Spooky Two: Funny how the Brits were able to capture than southern-fried US rock sound. There's a bit of gospel, country and a lot of blues to go along with the heavy jams. Really a great listen all the way through, except those falsettos during "Evil Woman" have got to go (lots of Evil Woman tunes out there...stay pressed, dudes).
Love this album!
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2018 at 00:21
Originally posted by Magnum Vaeltaja Magnum Vaeltaja wrote:

Jean Sibelius - Lemminkainen Suite, Op. 22
So great!
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2018 at 01:58
Yes - Tales from Topographic Oceans

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2018 at 03:20
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

P'faun - Sp'roque

Haven't listened to all of that yet, mate. I thought the opening track was pretty dreary with the endless guitar soloing, but seem to recall when I gave it a spin a week or two back that it improved greatly from there?
I have no problem with his endless soloing ;) The music is less "in your face" after the first track.

I finally got a new stylus for my turntable, so vinyl is back :D
King Crimson - Red
Black Bombaim - Far Out
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2018 at 03:29
For Sunday

King Crimson - Three of a Perfect Pair
Rush - Moving Pictures
Rush - Signals
Rush - Grace Under Pressure
Mastodon - Emperor of Sand
Gentle Giant - In a Glass House
Gentle Giant - Acquring the Taste
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

― George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

"Ignorance and Prejudice and Fear walk Hand in Hand"- Neil Peart

Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2018 at 11:46
Yes: Talk
Pussy Galore: Sugarsh*t Sharp
Spirogyra: St. Radigunds
Faust & Omar Rodriguez-Lopez: Live at Clouds Hill
Caravan: Live UK Tour 1975
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band: Uncle Charlie & His Dog Teddy
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2018 at 12:49
Yes - Close to The Edge

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2018 at 13:28
Yesterday:

Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer
Sacrilegium - Anima Lucifera
Wardruna - Runaljod-Yggdrasil
Mgła - With Hearts Toward None
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Your Funeral... My Trial
Tangerine Dream - The Klangwald Performance (bonus disc to the latest remaster of Zeit - I even prefer it to the actual album)

Edited by Tuzvihar - March 19 2018 at 13:29
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2018 at 13:47
Originally posted by ALotOfBottle ALotOfBottle wrote:

^Nice!!! Love that Gong album and (as you probably know) love Leg-End. Smile

Ha, guess what, Tymon? I was in a bad mood flat out at work, I'm very stressed at the moment with a health issue, and I'm currently on nightshift so my body clock is all out of whack, and both of those crazy schizophrenic albums that I usually dig very much drove me up the wall!!

So I'll have to give them a fresh listen when things are a bit more settled!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2018 at 14:15
Originally posted by Frenetic Zetetic Frenetic Zetetic wrote:

Yes - Close to The Edge

A lot of Yes lately eh?? Big smileLOL
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

Prog Sothoth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2018 at 14:45
Yes - Going for the One: When I was in my early/mid teens I used to buy LPs at my local record store and walk home with them, hence why I never owned GFTO. Let's just say I was a bit nervous about running into a bunch of peers and having to show them some serious man-butt. It was a different time, man! Still, quite a silly excuse in retrospect. Nowadays strutting around with both GFTO and Hemispheres in hand wouldn't mean squat. "Yeah, check out how tight they are!"LOL

Judas Priest - Stained Class: I actually like the Spooky Tooth cover quite a bit. It's funny how much meaner the lead guitar sounds than the rhythm guitar, since when the lead guitar actually joins in with the power chords on rare occasions, such as during one part of the title track...the overall sound becomes serious heavy metal. I wish "Saints in Hell" was on their Unleashed in the East album.

Mika Nakashima - Yes: Call it a post-Katrina hurricane Japan thing. The album is jazzy with gospel and bluesy influences featuring some session players from New Orleans. Kind of mellow overall, but in a good way, since it's her followup to The End, which was constant in its raucous rock. Her voice suits this style more, but I dig both albums quite a bit. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2018 at 16:47
Originally posted by Prog Sothoth Prog Sothoth wrote:

Yes - Going for the One: When I was in my early/mid teens I used to buy LPs at my local record store and walk home with them, hence why I never owned GFTO. Let's just say I was a bit nervous about running into a bunch of peers and having to show them some serious man-butt. It was a different time, man! Still, quite a silly excuse in retrospect. Nowadays strutting around with both GFTO and Hemispheres in hand wouldn't mean squat. "Yeah, check out how tight they are!"LOL

Judas Priest - Stained Class: I actually like the Spooky Tooth cover quite a bit. It's funny how much meaner the lead guitar sounds than the rhythm guitar, since when the lead guitar actually joins in with the power chords on rare occasions, such as during one part of the title track...the overall sound becomes serious heavy metal. I wish "Saints in Hell" was on their Unleashed in the East album.

Mika Nakashima - Yes: Call it a post-Katrina hurricane Japan thing. The album is jazzy with gospel and bluesy influences featuring some session players from New Orleans. Kind of mellow overall, but in a good way, since it's her followup to The End, which was constant in its raucous rock. Her voice suits this style more, but I dig both albums quite a bit. 

Lmaooo
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 207208209210211 522>