Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What albums did you listen to today?...continued
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What albums did you listen to today?...continued

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 243244245246247 522>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ALotOfBottle View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALotOfBottle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2018 at 02:29
Yesterday:

Hype Williams - One Nation
The Skaters/Axolotl - Split LP
James Ferraro - Last American Hero
Outer Space/Oneohtrix Point Never - Split
Categories strain, crack and sometimes break, under their burden - step out of the space provided.
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2018 at 02:55
Miles Davis - The Man with The Horn
Weather Report - Black Market

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2018 at 07:14
Another successful Sunday.

Chroma Key-- You Go Now (2002)
IQ-- 7th House (2000)
Siouxee & the Banshees-- The Looking Glass (1987)
Ghost-- Prequelle ( 2018)
Gazpacho-- Demon (2011)
Pet Shop Boys-- Introspective ( 1988)
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2018 at 16:39
Yesterday and Today

Madness | Keep Moving
Parquet Courts | Human Performance
The Dead C | Helen Said This
Davidson College Jazz Ensemble | Live Feb 9, 1991
AMM | AMMusic
John Renbourn | The Lady and the Unicorn
Bob Dylan | Greatest Hits Vol 2 (disc 2)
Jade Warrior | Kites
Neil Young | s/t
Parquet Courts | Sunbathing Animal
Jandek | Ready for the House

Edited by HolyMoly - July 08 2018 at 16:40
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2018 at 02:51
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Here’s what I heard today album-wise

Volcano the Bear | The Inhazer Decline
Volcano the Bear | Classic Erasmus Fusion
Julian Casablancas & the Voidz | Tyranny
Ut Gret | Time of the Grets
Nine Inch Nails | The Downward Spiral
Incredible String Band | The 5000 Spirits or Layers of the Onion
Parquet Courts | Wide Awake
Family | Entertainment

Nice selection but the real question still remains: what else did you hear non-album-wise?
I'm hoping for a crooning panda at work.

This morning:
Cromagnon - Orgasm
Semiramis - Dedicato a Frazz
AMM - AMMmusic
Area - Arbeit Macht Frei

Funny you should ask. I keep track of my shuffle playlist, which I listen to when I go for a run. So here’s what happened there:

Led Zeppelin | Tea for One
Fleetwood Mac | I’m So Afraid
Vyto B | Tricentennial 2076
Led Zeppelin | Poor Tom
Jonathan Richman | (She’s Gonna) Respect Me
Fleetwood Mac | Station Man
Moody Blues | A Simple Game
Violent Femmes | Blister in the Sun
Quickspace | They Shoot Horse Don’t They
Beach Boys | Sail On, Sailor
Earth and Fire | Song of the Marching Children (single version)
Moody Blues | Nights in White Satin
TPoH | Consciousness Raising as a Social Tool
Monks of Doom | In Anticipation of the Pope

Great selections this morning btw. I listen to that AMM album more and more as the years pass.

Go for a run? Madness. I only run after the bus and of course free fruit.

I have been spinning that AMM album a lot as well during the last couple of years. It’s Strange enough to come back for and get a little bewilderment with one’s morning coffee.

Jazz morning:
Miles - Big Fun (side a and b)
The Comet Is Coming - Channel The Spirits
Herbie - Thrust
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2018 at 03:52
This weekend:
Allman Brothers - Brothers & Sisters
El Círulo de Willis - Retales
Motis - L'Homme-Loup
David Bowie - Low

Edited by Meltdowner - July 09 2018 at 03:53
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2018 at 04:33
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

Paatos - Timeloss

Oh, man...you know what that one means to me, mate!

My last few nights...

The Beatles – s/t (White Album)
Queen – Jazz
Queen – Live Killers
Queen - The Game
(sigh...the moment when you realise you're pretty much done with the bands that meant so much to you when you were growing up as a young fella and are partly responsible for how much music means to you to this day... Been on a bender with these two lately and don't imagine I'll return to them again any time soon)

Genesis – s/t
Jefferson Airplane – Crown of Creation
Curved Air – Midnight Wire
ABWH – ABWH
Yes – Yesshows (what cracking versions of `Gates of Delirium’ and the `Topo’ material on this live album!)
The Byrds – Untitled (studio LP)
The Byrds – Byrdmaniax
Water Into Wine Band – Harvest Time
Black Sabbath – Born Again
Black Sabbath – Seventh Star
Black Sabbath - The Eternal Idol
Ain Soph – A Story of Mysterious Forest
Matthew Sweet – Blue Sky on Mars

Edited by Aussie-Byrd-Brother - July 09 2018 at 04:34
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2018 at 02:43
^ Yeah, you might have mentioned it Tongue

I blame the media for killing Queen for everyone, I was tired of that band even before I listened to a single album of theirs. "Don't Stop Me Now" and "We Are The Champions" make me sick Sick

I never heard Yesshows, although a friend of mine says he prefers that one over Yessongs.

Yesterday:
Dave Brubeck - Time Out
Herbie Hancock - Thrust (Thanks for mentioning it, David!)
John Coltrane - My Favourite Things
Tangerine Dream - Rubycon (I'll never get tired of this Heart)

Edited by Meltdowner - July 10 2018 at 02:44
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2018 at 03:10
Great album that Paatos debut although I’ve always felt it went downhill fairly quickly after the beautiful opener. The combination of mellotron and those orgasmic drums is just breathtaking.

I too feel the same about Queen. Hell they were one of my first musical loves together with Michael Jackson and Scorpions. The only artist I still play is oddly enough Michael J. Love Off The Wall and Thriller.

No problem Samuel. I was about to pop on Headhunters but then decided to go for the lesser known brother in Thrust. Same kind of funk drive although not quite at the same level as HH. Funny thing about the Headhunters band is that Herbie actually came from the Mwandishi group with an all Afro-American band....and then cam back with a white drummer and wound up sounding far more earthy and funky.

Yesterday evening and this morning:
Samuel Cadima - Cascata (man I need a tapedeck!!!!)
Comus - First Utterance
Tim Buckley - Lorca
Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World
Morte Macabre - Symphonic Holocaust
Oren Ambarchi - Hubris
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2018 at 11:15
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

Motis - L'Homme-Loup

En hurlant: que la vie est belle!!!
avant de mordre l'oreiller.

Je vais mettre Wolflight en pause le temps de ce petit bijou.

Edited by Barbu - July 10 2018 at 11:17
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2018 at 16:57

Hey, now there’s one that needs a fresh spin. I think I reviewed it back in the 90s with a rave review but it’s been years since I played it.

Not tonight though, the wife and I are going to see Erasure (whom I barely know, but hey, I got into OMD just a couple of years ago thanks to a concert). Tomorrow night, btw, I’m in Ariel Pink mode, going to our Rare Goat studio to record a solo version of “Butt-House Blondies” for inclusion on a grassroots tribute album.

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2018 at 17:02
Didn’t listen to much today at the orifice.

Faust | The Faust Tapes

But here are the CDs lined up for the car:
Erasure (new album, forgot title)
New Order | Technique
OMD | The Punishment of Luxury

-Kehlog Albran
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2018 at 17:56
More Harkett:

Tribute
Wolflight
The Night Siren
The Tokyo Tapes
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALotOfBottle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2018 at 02:03
Yesterday:
Dreamies - Auralgraphic Entertainment
Tim Hecker - Ravedeath, 1972
Categories strain, crack and sometimes break, under their burden - step out of the space provided.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2018 at 02:17

Hey, now there’s one that needs a fresh spin. I think I reviewed it back in the 90s with a rave review but it’s been years since I played it.

Not tonight though, the wife and I are going to see Erasure (whom I barely know, but hey, I got into OMD just a couple of years ago thanks to a concert). Tomorrow night, btw, I’m in Ariel Pink mode, going to our Rare Goat studio to record a solo version of “Butt-House Blondies” for inclusion on a grassroots tribute album.

It was basically years since I last span it and it was such a great listen.
Heartily recommended for an eerie afternoon or in that special blue hour just before dusk.
Holy shickel monsieur! I can't wait to hear your version. I've been in a John Maus mood lately, but as you know that also means being in an Ariel Pink mood for me. Pom Pom was spun thrice yesterday...but maybe that was just me being in a pink mood. Saw Pink Flamingos (the flick) as well.
Erasure? Isn't that the male fronted band that sounds and looks a bit like Heart?

- Douglas Adams
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALotOfBottle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2018 at 02:28

Holy shickel monsieur! I can't wait to hear your version. I've been in a John Maus mood lately, but as you know that also means being in an Ariel Pink mood for me. Pom Pom was spun thrice yesterday...but maybe that was just me being in a pink mood. Saw Pink Flamingos (the flick) as well.

I'll let myself throw in that I'm really excited, as I will get to see both John Maus and Ariel Pink at a festival in less than a month. Smile Maus and Pink are summer music, yeeaaa! As a side note, just around a few days ago I started playing with this really cool Ariel Pink-esque hypna-psych-jazz-rock group.

Edited by ALotOfBottle - July 11 2018 at 02:29
Larkstongue41 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larkstongue41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2018 at 09:58
No full albums for me lately except for yesterday night and this morning.

Low - I Could Live in Hope
Faust - Fresh Air
Duster - Stratosphere
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada
Tangerine Dream - Rubycon
Massive Attack - Blue Lines
Digable Planets - Reachin' (A New Refutation of Time and Space)
Dirty Three - Whatever You Love, You Are
"Larks' tongues. Wrens' livers. Chaffinch brains. Jaguars' earlobes. Wolf nipple chips. Get 'em while they're hot. They're lovely. Dromedary pretzels, only half a denar."
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2018 at 10:25

Erasure? Isn't that the male fronted band that sounds and looks a bit like Heart?

I doubt that. It’s Vince Clarke (Depeche Mode, Yaz) providing electro-dance music sung by a melodramatic diva-sort of gentleman. I didn’t know any of the songs but apparently several of them were enormously popular in dance clubs in the late-80s/90s (and beyond, perhaps, I haven’t researched and I sure as sh*t never went to dance clubs. Not my style). But the concert was enjoyable. And the opening band was kinda lovably goofy in an Ariel kind of way (there’s that name again. Everything’s all about Ariel).

Edited by HolyMoly - July 11 2018 at 10:26

-Kehlog Albran
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2018 at 10:35
Yes! Now I remember them. 'Always' was a big hit here. Not sure who I was thinking of tbh.
I had no idea it was Vince Clark behind the synths. Neato info
Not really my style nowadays but I seem to remember digging a couple of their tunes when I was a small boy but hated 'Always' with a vengeance when it came out. Then again I was 12 and all about Floyd, Maiden, Queen, Metallica, Jimi and Black Sabbath.

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2018 at 10:52
Btw

This afternoon has been very samey in that I've listened to Hosianna Mantra 2,5 times now (the ol Cowon repeat trick I did with Pom Pom yesterday) trying to melt even further down the sofa after an extremely hardcore episode at my kiropractor. Crack it said!...and I felt better instantly. Come home and spend about 5 seconds on the sofa my body started to make these mad sounds a la old wooden ships creaking and croaking. It's a (strange) hoot and very sailor-like.

- Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 243244245246247 522>