Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What albums did you listen to today?...continued
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What albums did you listen to today?...continued

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 319320321322323 522>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2019 at 15:33
Starcrawler - same
MC5 - Back in the USA

HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2019 at 18:26
Forest Swords | Compassion
Monks of Doom | The Cosmodemonic Telegraph Company
Franco Battiato | M. Elle le “Gladiator”
Saccharine Trust | Pagan Icons EP
Drab Majesty | The Demonstration
Thrilled Skinny | It’s a Good Doss
Drab Majesty | Careless
Art of Noise | (Who’s Afraid of?) The Art of Noise!
Simple Minds | New Gold Dream (81-82-83-84)
U-Bahn | s/t
Tones on Tail | Pop
Earth & Fire | Reality Fills Fantasy
Barclay James Harvest | Octoberon
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2019 at 21:08
The start of the long weekend! Happy Easter 🐇 my fearless proggy friends! :)

Killing Joke— Absolute Dissent. (f**king great album! Amazing statement and a sheer sonic attack. Great mix, however the mastering is absolute sh*tbag. My ears are rest assured because The mastering sh*t job would never appear again after 2010. :)

Fear Factory— Mechanize ( The ultimate comeback album. Terrific all around. Can’t say enough about it. Another 2010 gem. )

Van der Graff Generator— Pawn Hearts. ( I had a very special P.A friend mail this one to me entitled ‘ Nicko’s Mystery disc. :). Well I love it! Peter Hammil is a champion vocalist on this album. The album as a whole reminds me of one giant f**ked up delirium through the mind of a killer. Lol. It is an adventure. Great transitions. A+ for sheer progginess. )
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2019 at 10:07
Thanks Nicholas!
A blessed Easter to all

Anyone used to hunt for candy and "easter baskets" when you were little. Foggy memory, but I recall being pretty stoked about it.

dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2019 at 12:44
XTC....Apple Venus
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
CUVEE View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CUVEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2019 at 16:41
Barclay James Harvest \ Once Again
One of best Prog Rock albums ever. Best on DVD with DTS and perfect Quad Mix.

Triumph \ The Sport Of Kings
Heard of Triumph from 80's Kerrange Magazine. Now hearing on YouTube for first time,  very much Heavy Rock/Prog Rock with this awesome album.

Camel / A Live Record 
First time I bought a Camel live record (purchase in 2019). This is repeat player with fine music to seat and mellow out together. 
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2019 at 16:56
Originally posted by CUVEE CUVEE wrote:

Heard of Triumph from 80's Kerrange Magazine. Now hearing on YouTube for first time,  very much Heavy Rock/Prog Rock with this awesome album.

Camel / A Live Record 
First time I bought a Camel live record (purchase in 2019). This is repeat player with fine music to seat and mellow out together. 
I’m just starting to dig deeper with BJH. The one you listed definitely seems like one of their stronger ones.

Triumph! I loved that band in the 80s. I kind of jumped ship after Sport of Kings, probably more due to my shifting tastes (punk!) at the time rather than any decline in quality. Thunder Seven is still a great listen, as are all the albums prior to that.

I’m a big fan of Camel too, and that’s one great live album. Latimer is one of the top 5 guitarists ever in my book.

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2019 at 16:58
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Thanks Nicholas!
A blessed Easter to all

Anyone used to hunt for candy and "easter baskets" when you were little. Foggy memory, but I recall being pretty stoked about it.
we used to search for hidden eggs and such. mostly plastic eggs filled with jellybeans. Bestnot to hide real eggs in case they stay lost and rot.

-Kehlog Albran
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2019 at 20:56
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

Simple Minds | New Gold Dream (81-82-83-84)

I gotta ask. How do you like it?

Honestly I think it is so brilliant. Every track is strong and creative.
I have an original recording and I also splurged big time of the 6 disc box set. I couldn’t be happier. One of the best box sets I own.   
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2019 at 20:59
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

Originally posted by CUVEE CUVEE wrote:

Camel / A Live Record 
I’m just starting to dig deeper with BJH. The one you listed definitely seems like one of their stronger ones.

Triumph! I loved that band in the 80s. I kind of jumped ship after Sport of Kings, probably more due to my shifting tastes (punk!) at the time rather than any decline in quality. Thunder Seven is still a great listen, as are all the albums prior to that.

I’m a big fan of Camel too, and that’s one great live album. Latimer is one of the top 5 guitarists ever in my book.

I really like Thunder Seven too, might be my fave. I haven't heard the ones after that though.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2019 at 21:01
Tonight is fun. Still on an industrial metal kick mostly.

Killing Joke— Nightime. (1985)
Metallica— S&M ( this is so brilliant. So happy to revisit this one in its entirety and you can be sure I will be buying S&M 2 when it hits the shelves. 🤗
Fear Factory— Obsolete. ( it may arguably be their strongest album. Huge production as well. )
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2019 at 21:04
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Thanks Nicholas!
A blessed Easter to all

You are most welcome and I cannot wait for my son when he gets older to have his first egg 🥚 Hunt.
Be pretty funny if I hid real eggs on him.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2019 at 11:39
XTC...Wasp Star
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2019 at 13:27
Amon Duul II | Yeti — always a classic

Bruce Gilbert | This Way to the Shivering Man — wonderful avant-garde abstraction from a former member of Wire

Oxbow | Thin Black Duke — hard to describe this group so I won’t try

U-Bahn | s/t — Australian group debut released earlier this year. Strong Devo influence, with some Ariel Pink mided in

Pleonasm | s/t — brand new release produced by a friend of mine. Challenging punk.

The Hosemobile | What Can and Can’t Go On — cool 90s math rock from Kentucky, most likely inspired by Slint but more prog sounding

When | Black White and Grey — ReR release from 1990, pretty wack

Talk Talk \ The Colour of Spring — beautiful album. Chosen because it seemed one of the few albums that could accompany the sad errand I had to run this morning. My cat Ruthie, after 19 years of being my cherished companion (she really was a daughter to me), had to be euthanized today. The Talk Talk album helped us through it for the drive there and back. Really sad, but it was the right time .

-Kehlog Albran
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2019 at 21:24
^ Ah Steve I’m sorry to hear that. Talk Talk is a perfect artist to help you through a tough grieving of that sort.
Wishing you well. Music is such a beautiful weapon to combat most tragedies.

Tonight.

Fear Factory— Digimortal
Killing Joke— Night Time ( I just had to have another go at this one. Man it is good.)
Klaus Schulze— Kontinuum ( to honor Aussie Byrd Brother’s (Michael) birthday. :)
Threshold — Psychedelicatessen ( this is still such a rapturous listen. )

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2019 at 22:00
My condolences Steve. Losing our pets is brutal. Really sorry.

Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2019 at 05:31
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

Klaus Schulze— Kontinuum ( to honor Aussie Byrd Brother’s (Michael) birthday. :)
Does your copy sound any good? I bought it on CD last year and it has too much compression, it's hardly enjoyable.

It's been a while since my last post, although I didn't listen to many albums. Let's see if I remember everything:
Táxi - Táxi
Klaus Schulze - Mirage
Minami Deutsch - With Dim Light
Neal Morse - ?
Susanne Sundfør - The Silicone Veil
Susanne Sundfør - Ten Love Songs
Susanne Sundfør - Music For People in Trouble
Tangerine Dream - Electronic Meditations

AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2019 at 06:23
^^^^ Steve, sorry to hear that. Pets become a member of the family, sometimes more. Been through the same over the years with our cats. Nice album choice to soothe the pain with.

Happy Easter everyone.

Still re-listening to all the CDs from the record shows.
DreamTechPlus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreamTechPlus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2019 at 06:34
Miles Davis - On the Corner
Beyoncé - Lemonade
James Brown - Hot Pants
Jorge Ben Jor - África Brasil
Funkadelic - Standing on the Verge of Getting It On
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2019 at 14:25
Pink Floyd - The Division Bell
Starcrawler - mix
Rilo Kiley - More Adventurous
FM - Rumours ("If you lived in the suburbs, you were issued it."  -Wayne Campbell) LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 319320321322323 522>