Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What albums did you listen to today?...continued
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What albums did you listen to today?...continued

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 419420421422423 522>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 16:37
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

I’m jealous.

That is a beautiful ton of music.
It's a big list but only 5 albums were listened with proper quality and attention Wink
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 18:12
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

Zopp - Zopp

Hooffoot - The Lights In the Aisle Will Guide You (Thanks for reminding me of it, Steve!)

That Zopp is quite a delight. I was actually the first point of contact by thr artist, since I was somehow still listed as the Canterbury Team lead (yikes!). I’ve played the album a bunch - love it.

Re Hooffoot- possibly the highlight of the (virtual) ProgDay this past year. It was impressive enough to inspire a purchase before the weekend was over.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Hiram View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 23:20
Ry Cooder - Paris, Texas 
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 23:35
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
Teunis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 11:14
Threshold - March Of Progress
Bruce Soord & Jonas Renkse - Wisdom Of Crowds
Subsignal - Paraìso
Wolverine - Communication Lost
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 11:20
Ulver - The Assassination of Julius Caesar (2017)
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 12:04
The Flower Kings.   The Rainmaker
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 15:28
Soft Machine | Third
ELP | Welcome Back my Friends...
Peter Gabriel | So
VA | Repo Man soundtrack
The Cure | Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me
Dave Brock | Looking for Love in the Lost Land of Dreams

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2021 at 02:13
^Hi Steve
I listened to that The Cure album yesterday as well...alongside Wish. I really dig those looong Cure albums right around the end of the 80s/start 90s. There’s an experimental edge to them that really goes down a treat with me.
I seem to remember reading something about Robert Smith experimenting with a lot of acid in those days and it kinda makes sense to me. They’re “over-produced’ in a very charming manner. Especially love the guitar work.
Also span Head On The Door which is another Cure favourite. The Blood is a killer track imho

Other albums I listened to:
Shpongle - Nothing lasts...but Nothing is lost
Echo & The Bunnymen - Crocodile
King Crimson - Sharks’ Lungs in Aspen
Faust - IV
Sea Orm - Olkhon
Zopp - s/t
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Teunis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2021 at 11:46
Mystery - Lies And Butterflies
Soen - Imperial
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2021 at 11:48
Originally posted by Teunis Teunis wrote:

Soen - Imperial

how is it? I've read mixed opinion so far. 
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2021 at 13:29
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

That Zopp is quite a delight. I was actually the first point of contact by thr artist, since I was somehow still listed as the Canterbury Team lead (yikes!). I’ve played the album a bunch - love it.

Re Hooffoot- possibly the highlight of the (virtual) ProgDay this past year. It was impressive enough to inspire a purchase before the weekend was over.
I don't know if it's because of the opening track but I just miss having some vocals here and there to keep it more grounded.

I sadly missed that concert, but I'm glad it brought some attention to them. Do you have the debut as well? I still think it's a bit better than their latest.

The Worm Ouroboros - Of Things That Never Were
Ash - A-Z Vol.2
Homunculus Res - Limiti All'Eguaglianza Della Parte Con Il Tutto
Steven Wilson - The Future Bites
Ben Levin - Jelly Mound
Jorge Palma - O Lado Errado da Noite
Griot - Elisabeth
Cake - Comfort Eagle
Franco Battiato - Sulle Corde di Aries (The only one I heard before although I didn't remember how it sounded. Incredible album!)
Franco Battiato - Clic
Franco Battiato - M.elle le "Gladiator"
Franco Battiato - L'Egitto Prima delle Sabbie (I'm impressed/worried by how easily I listened to this album xD)
Franco Battiato - L'Era del Cinghiale Bianco (Quite a U-turn there)
Anna von Hausswolff - All Thoughts Fly (The pipe organ on Gladiator reminded me I forgot to listen to her latest album. Really fascinating music, I'll have to update my AOTY list.)
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2021 at 18:43
@Sam
I have not heard that! But now I am inspired to!
Also, I think Battiato’s “Clic” is becoming one of my all time favorites.

@David
The Cure during that mid-late-80s period was really quite nuts. You hit the nail more or less on the head there. Smith was really on an intense creative streak l

Today’s stuff

Grateful Dead | Dead Set
Scott Walker | Bish Bosch
Franco Battiato | Juke Box
Roy Wood | Super Active Wizzo Grateful Dead | Dead Set
Scott Walker | Bish Bosch
Franco Battiato | Juke Box
Roy Wood | Super Active Wizzo
Ariel Pink | Oddities Sodomies Vil 1
Heart | Dreamboat Annie
Robert Wyatt | The End of an Ear

Edited by HolyMoly - February 05 2021 at 18:50

-Kehlog Albran
Teunis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2021 at 11:34
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Soen - Imperial

Yeah, I've read it too. I find it so great that I have to see if there will be released a better album this year Cool

Gazpacho - Tick Tock
Genesis - We Can't Dance
Soen - Imperial

Edited by Teunis - February 06 2021 at 11:34
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2021 at 11:36

Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Soen - Imperial

Yeah, I've read it too. I find it so great that I have to see if there will be released a better album this year Cool

I'll give it a listen soon. 
Hiram View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2021 at 15:33
Björk - Selmasongs
Verde - Kärmes
Yes - Close to the Edge

Teunis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2021 at 12:09
The Neal Morse Band - The Great Adventure
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2021 at 20:30
Yesterday was a kitchen day as my wife and I each prepared our food stuff.
She was doing bagels for the first time while I prepared a 15lb brisket for today's dinner.
That means I had to pick stuff she would listen to over an extended time frame without the usual 'WTF is this we're listening to?" comment.  I though I'd pick some things I don't have in heavy rotation but always enjoy.

Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2021 at 03:06
Yeah these last few months or so I have really been diving back into The Cure..and those mid to late 80s albums are just brilliant.
Gotta say that it is very heartwarming to see so many Battiato albums mentioned just on this page..I really love that guy. Clíc has also matured with me in a way that I never thought possible. Sure I really liked it when I first got it..but I’m not sure I fully understood what he was going for. Nowadays it has transformed into one of his best albums..and I spin it quite frequently. It’s one of those highly experimental and avant albums that manages to come across in a gentle and soothing manner.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Teunis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2021 at 11:28
Nolan & Wakeman - Jabberwocky
Pendragon - Love Over Fear
Ultravox - The Collection
Subsignal - La Muerta
Soen - Lotus
Soen - Imperial
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 419420421422423 522>