Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What albums did you listen to today?...continued
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What albums did you listen to today?...continued

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 406407408409410 522>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2020 at 18:02
Jim O’Rourke | Insignificance
Stereolab | Emperor Tomato Ketchup
Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets | Live at the Roundhouse - brand new. Love this so much. Highly recommended to early Floyd nuts.
Storm Corrosion | s/t
Renaissance | Turn of the Cards
The Residents | The Tunes of Two Cities
Simple Minds | Reel to Real Cacophany
Steve Miller Band | Brave New World

Edited by HolyMoly - September 25 2020 at 18:03
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2020 at 11:04
Originally posted by Teunis Teunis wrote:

Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

And how do you like “Fireworker” ?

I think Gazpacho are an incredible band.
I have Demon and Night of the Demon and I feel I should get more from them. :)

It took me several listenings to appreciate it, but that isn't a bad sign. Most of the time eventually those ones turn out to become favourites Wink. My favourite Gazpacho album is 'Tick Tock', followed by 'Night'.

Anathema - Falling Deeper

Nice to hear. I love the Journey when albums grow on you.
I think I’ll pick it up. I’ve bought so much music this year it is insane.
Forming a top 10 won’t be easy.

Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2020 at 11:07
Not a lot this weekend. Sadly I got not much down time.

Spun a few in the background if you will. Not serious listens.

Tangerine dream — Tangram

Brian Eno— Music for Airports.

Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
MFP View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MFP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2020 at 16:10
Caravan - If I Could Do It All Over Again ...
Gryphon - Treason
Yes - Keys to Ascension I
Teunis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2020 at 10:53
IQ - Resistance
Steve Lukather - Lukather
Anathema - Weather Systems

Teunis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2020 at 10:44
X-Panda - Flight Of Fancy
Soen - Lotus
Steve Thorne - Levelled (Emotional Creatures: Part 3)
Teunis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2020 at 11:35
Muse - The 2nd Law
The Pineapple Thief - Versions Of The Truth
Gazpacho - Fireworker
Earl of Mar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earl of Mar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2020 at 11:39
Jethro tull bursting out
Supertramp crisis what crisis
Later I will be playing
ELP Trilogy
Gentle Giant octopus
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 11:17
This week:
Steve Hillage - Green
Mostly Autumn - Lord of the Rings
Journey - Next
The The - Mindbomb
Tim Heidecker - Fear of Death
The Light in the Ocean - The Pseudo​-​Scientific Study of Oceanic Neo​-​Cryptid Zoology
Susanne Sundfør - The Brothel
Pure Reason Revolution - The Dark Third
Mildlife - Automatic
Samsara Blues Experiment - One With the Universe
Robert Reed - Sanctuary
Guru Guru - Känguru
Jaga Jazzist - Pyramid
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 11:20
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets | Live at the Roundhouse - brand new. Love this so much. Highly recommended to early Floyd nuts.
I saw a couple of videos on Youtube, it seemed like they were having the time of their lives. They're supposed to play in my country next year, but with all the concerts canceled this year, I don't know if I should feel excited.
Teunis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2020 at 11:55
Neal Morse - Sola Gratia
John Watts - The Iceberg Model

Droxford View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Droxford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2020 at 13:41
Focus III
Yessongs
Gentle Giant 'Live in Rome'
Gentle Giant 'Three Friends'
Currently listening to an album by Ryan Yard ( who is also a member of this forum ) titled 'The Nature of Solitude II ' which I bought on 'Bandcamp'. 
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2020 at 20:29
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets | Live at the
Roundhouse - brand new. Love this so much. Highly recommended to early
Floyd nuts.
I saw a couple of videos on Youtube, it seemed like
they were having the time of their lives. They're supposed to play in my
country next year, but with all the concerts canceled this year, I
don't know if I should feel excited.
hard to say. It’ll be a while until concerts are as fun as they used to be, I fear, even if they aren’t cancelled.
But I saw Mason’s group in Fall 2019 and it was so good. If you get the 2 CD live album it has the full show on DVD too (haven’t had the chance to watch yet), so that might be a good alternative to seeing the show.

Edited by HolyMoly - October 03 2020 at 20:31

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2020 at 20:48
Spirit (Randy California) | Sea Dream — 2 CDs of demos recorded in the years before he drowned. RIP Randy.

Imperial Wax | Gastwerk Saboteurs — 2019 album from The Fall minus Mark E Smith (deceased). This band was pretty kickbutt, glad they stayed together after The Fall fell.

Zoogz Rift | War Zone — oddball avant rock icon (also deceased - what is going on today?) often (wrongly) compared to Zappa but I don’t know what other comparison comes close.

The Third Mind | s/t — far out psychedelic jamming along the lines of early Grateful Dead (dead??? again??). Led by, of all people, Dave Alvin, best known as guitarist for the late 70s rockabilly/punk combo The Blasters. Victor Krummenacher, of Camper Van Beethoven/Monks of Doom, also weighs in heavily here (and was the reason I found out about and bought this). Well recorded stuff - very raw and live sounding.

The Brian Jonestown Massacre | Who Killed (!!!) Sgt Pepper — despite the title, everyone’s alive in this one. 2010 album from longstanding psych band, here engaging in harsh electronic textures and heavy beats. One of their more interesting albums.

-Kehlog Albran
MFP View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MFP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2020 at 13:41
Last couple of days:

Caravan - In the Land of Grey and Pink
Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Solar Fire
Rare Bird - As Your Mind Flies By
Henry Cow - Leg End
Steve Hackett - Spectral Mornings
Ian Anderson - Rupi's Dance
The Rolling Stones - Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!
The Allman Brothers Band - At Fillmore East
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2020 at 16:07
Echolyn - The End is Beautiful
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2020 at 21:25
Judas Priest | Screaming for Vengeance

That’s it, really. Just thought it was slightly funny that I only listened to one album today and it was 1982 Judas Priest. I’m not much of a metal guy but I’ve gotten a lot of mileage out of this album over the years.

-Kehlog Albran
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2020 at 06:51

That’s it, really. Just thought it was slightly funny that I only listened to one album today and it was 1982 Judas Priest. I’m not much of a metal guy but I’ve gotten a lot of mileage out of this album over the years.

This happens to be one of the few JP albums I currently own(the other is unleashed in the east which is a live album from 1979). I have only played it(SfV) a couple of times but I should probably check it out again. Yeah, historically I'm not much of a metal guy either but I probably am now a bit more than I was when it was big(1980's)although I suppose that's not saying much and mostly prog metal. 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - October 05 2020 at 06:52
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2020 at 21:24
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

This happens to be one of the few JP albums I currently own(the other is unleashed in the east which is a live album from 1979). I have only played it(SfV) a couple of times but I should probably check it out again. Yeah, historically I'm not much of a metal guy either but I probably am now a bit more than I was when it was big(1980's)although I suppose that's not saying much and mostly prog metal. 

for straight-up, no nonsense pure classic metal done right, it’s hard to find a band more solid & dependable than Priest. I have or have heard heard most of their albums through the mid 80s, and they’re all pretty darn good. It’s just rare that I find myself listening to them. Screaming for Vengeance and Sad Wings of Destiny are the ones I know best by far.

Edited by HolyMoly - October 07 2020 at 21:36

-Kehlog Albran
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2020 at 21:32
This week so far:

Frank Zappa | The Mothers 1970 (box set) - Good stuff! Early Flo & Eddie era.
Spirit | Chronicles 1967-1992 (outtakes, rarities)
The Pretty Things | Electric Banana
Nine Inch Nails | Ghosts I-IV - all instrumental double CD. Hits a lot of different moods
Bob Dylan | Tempest
Elvis Costello & the Attractions | Armed Forces
Fripp & Eno | Evening Star
Oregon | Distant Hills
Van Halen | Diver Down
Slade | The Slade Box 1969-1991 (really glad I got this. hard pop/rock with hooks so strong they seem obvious. And they keep them coming, song after song after song... that takes a certain amount of songwriting skill, 80+ songs, almost all memorable and catchy and clever (masquerading as dumb, like AC/DC)
Men at Work | Cargo

-Kehlog Albran
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 406407408409410 522>