Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - If you were to write semsterpaper on Pink Floyd
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIf you were to write semsterpaper on Pink Floyd

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: If you were to write semsterpaper on Pink Floyd
    Posted: August 26 2016 at 16:08
What would you focus your paper on, what question would you ask in said assignment, say it was a paper in philosofical aesthetics or ethics, or even - media history - what would you focus that paper on?

I have asked myself  as Pink Floyd is the band i spend most time amaze about, not only the music is what  akes PF remarkable but also their with of sound. Also their longjevity  that they make out to be (to me) the last (final) band that can be called British Invasion band, the band which marked the end of one era (BI) and the beginning of something new (psychadelic space rock and progressive rock). It is also remarkable that PF has become the 7th most selling band/artist in the history of popular music, that is aweinspiring and cool. Also their constant changeing sound, and also finaly how their sound has been so integral to the development of music afterwards, the DNA of rock has so much of PF - which in itself is quite remarkable.

If i were to write a semester paper in art history about Floyd i might focus on how artistical creativity can meet or can not meet with comercial success, and record sales, how marketing on one side and originality and creativity can be a roote for both success but also conflct, how does it impact the art. 

so to me atleast, this is stuff i like to dwell at, but maybe not all think that way. But to me i like to philosofy and dwell on such problems, questions, no matter if their is any truth, or sense to make out of it, in the end it is for me inspirational, to bring unde the lense popular music and culture to study academicly, to me that is a privilige which i hold on and will continue to doo.

so...

Edited by Icarium - August 26 2016 at 16:31
 Post Reply Post Reply