Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPropaganda for Prog-Related

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2016 at 09:07
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

Originally posted by Kingsnake Kingsnake wrote:

I was already done with this topic. I know the emotions now, and I'm okay with it.

I hope I didn't cause too much trouble in this case.

NB Tears for Fears are one of my favorite bands of all time, but I wouldn't dare recommend them.
Suggesting is not bad. The worst thing that can happen is a "no". I don't consider it a trouble.
I liked Seeds of Love and some spare songs here and there. 
Seeds of Love and Women in Chains are my fave songs but they are not Prog at all! There are too many songs that I loved and they don't be Prog.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2016 at 13:46
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

^ wait, Tears for Fears is on PA?! (just checked, they're not)

I thought they were...probably they have been suggested once.
Originally posted by Kingsnake Kingsnake wrote:

NB Tears for Fears are one of my favorite bands of all time, but I wouldn't dare recommend them.

If anyone wants to while away a few hours reading the discussion regarding TFF, they were suggested three times as far as I can see:
Sept 2009: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61206.
Oct 2008 (by a former leader of the Crossover Prog team, no less Shocked): http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=52272.
...and August 2007: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40476.

A grand total of 60 replies in those three threads, so the subject certainly aroused some interest! LOL
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2016 at 14:57

Suggesting is not bad. The worst thing that can happen is a "no".

LOL  I'd expect that from a newbie.. not a 10 year vet of the site.

No... a 'no' is NOT the worst thing that can happen... granted this site is not the war crime scene, full of mass graves of the dearly executed,  it was 10 years ago but there still remain today a few sharks who love nothing more than the scent of chum in the water to suggestions they deem heretic! LOL
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2016 at 18:16
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

Suggesting is not bad. The worst thing that can happen is a "no".

LOL  I'd expect that from a newbie.. not a 10 year vet of the site.

No... a 'no' is NOT the worst thing that can happen... granted this site is not the war crime scene, full of mass graves of the dearly executed,  it was 10 years ago but there still remain today a few sharks who love nothing more than the scent of chum in the water to suggestions they deem heretic! LOL
But no one has done that here (or anywhere else) so your imaginary scenario remains in the realm of your imagination. TongueWinkLOL
What?
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2016 at 18:21
oh I saw a certain blue font spewing shark take a giant bite out of someone a couple of weeks ago in some thread...

'no'?   a number of people here have a funny way of expressing a simple polite 'no' ..thanks for the suggestion but no thanks.. around here. LOL  I think some forget for having been here so long.. their basic manners to newer posters.  I particularly am not fond of the way these threads are dismissively shut locked... good way to encourage new posters here.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2016 at 01:40
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

oh I saw a certain blue font spewing shark take a giant bite out of someone a couple of weeks ago in some thread...

'no'?   a number of people here have a funny way of expressing a simple polite 'no' ..thanks for the suggestion but no thanks.. around here. LOL  I think some forget for having been here so long.. their basic manners to newer posters.  I particularly am not fond of the way these threads are dismissively shut locked... good way to encourage new posters here.
By here I mean "in this thread" if you are accusing Ivan of doing that in another thread then I somehow missed it.

Amusing that you had a dig at Luca for being a 10-year vet: Kingsnake, the OP of this particular thread, joined the site 1 year after you and 6 months before me so is also a 10-year vet, he has a low post count maybe but he is hardly a PA novice so should by now understand something of what differentiates Progressive Rock from music that is progressive and how band suggestions work around here, including what makes a band eligible for inclusion. 

If you (or anyone) want to get into a pissing contest of which of us knows more about 80s new-wave, post-punk, new-romantic, gothic-rock, dream-pop and synthpop my door is always open.
What?
Kingsnake View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2016 at 02:07
I never intended a pissing contest.
I am just enthousiastic about a lot of stuff.

And when listening to Propaganda, I wanted to share the enthousiasm.
When I read the Tears for Fears threads, I noticed a similar enthousiasm.

Nothing wrong with being enthousiastic, is there?

And I have been a member since 2006, but never really used the forum. I just recently started using the forum. I used the website as a database, for my ratings and to read reviews and keep track of new releases.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12