Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKalevala - People No Names (1972)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kalevala - People No Names (1972)
    Posted: September 26 2016 at 04:13
Hello to all the people of the prog universe!

I'm writing here regarding a progressive gem - a wonderful shining pearl of an album - that seems a bit overlooked: People No Names, released 1972, crafted by the band Kalevala, hailing from Finland. The band made two more records after People No Names (which is their first record), but I don't consider them to be even near the excellence that is presented on this one (even though they have some good tunes - and they all sound unlike each other). So...is anyone acquainted with this record and/or band? Check it out, it's available on Spotify:
https://open.spotify.com/album/13ZnMEXVED5rl3lTv6WG6R
Matti View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2016 at 04:24
I'm glad you appreciate this Finnish classic so much. I have the vinyl re-release of Svart Records.
Also I'd like to encourage you to write a REVIEW on the album, surely there aren't too many yet.
bl4cks4bb4th View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2016 at 04:32
I have it too, soon - bought (ordered) it yesterday. I wanted the yellow vinyl (limited to 300 pcs), but it's sold out, so I grabbed the black vinyl. You're right; maybe I should write a review of it! I guess I found this record back in the day because I actually am finnish - brought up in Sweden though. Svart Records is a great record label by the way. Lots of great reissues as well as releases of good contempary music in many varied areas.
 Post Reply Post Reply