Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cairo - Say - Video, reviews and more
    Posted: October 12 2016 at 08:56

Buy or download the album from:

http://cairorocks.com/store/

SAY has now been out for just over one week.  The band's superb video for the single SAY can be  seen via the following link:

https://youtu.be/ZgELlG_VTVg

Here's what the press are SAYing so far:

Say is a really intriguing album when if you open yourself to it, you can lose yourself in it. The album is surprising and progressive, without the customary clichés of prog rock, and is home to beautiful melodies and outstanding (duo) vocals from Rob Cottingham and Rachel Hill." Progwereld

"The whole comes across as a good mix between Porcupine Tree, Marillion and Dream Theater but carries its own identity".  87/100. Lords of Metal

"A touch of 90125 Yes about it…fantastic melodies…a band giving it their all. The real winner is us, the audience". Progarchy

There are different tracks from the album on the current cover mount CDs from both Prog Magazine and Rock Society (the CRS Magazine)

Don't forget you can see the band live at:

18th November. Boston Music Rooms, London with support Luna Rossa

19th November. Wesley Centre, Maltby with support Luna Rossa

20th November.  The Musician, Leicester with support Luna Rossa

2nd April 2017.  The Robin, Bilston (Nineteen-73 Live with Magenta)

More details from www.cairorocks.com

stewe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2016 at 05:30
Cairo is already a name of (excellent) prog band, from US. I was suspicious that they released anything new since their singer had passed away. I was hoping for a moment though. There is certainly not enough invention from this new band, when it comes to a name:)

<a href="http://steveer.ic.cz" rel="nofollow"
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2016 at 10:01
This particular Cairo aren't in the database as yet. I did a big introduction thread for them in Get The Word Out forum back in August, and band founder Rob replied to it a fortnight later, adding another YouTube trailer. No one else replied though, and I didn't make a thread in the 'Suggest New Bands and Artists' forum because none of my recent suggestions there have received any response whatsoever, and I've pretty much given up on that aspect of progarchives.com now, since so many of the evaluation teams seem in somewhat of a state of limbo these days, not checking the forum for any new posts that might apply to them - and we don't have an official New Suggestions Monitor (and haven't since late 2013) to make notifications in their team threads of any worthwhile new candidates that have been put forward. Cairo definitely belong here in my opinion - most probably in Crossover Prog - despite the heavier feel to several of the tracks, and rushfan4 added them to progfreak a couple of weeks ago: http://progfreak.com/Cairo-167440.html, but there is no PA tab, so it doesn't look as though he notified the Crossover team at the same time.

This is the first 'single' off the album - the title track - and certainly one of the more radio-friendly pieces on it.

If any collabs reading this would like to drop a note in the Crossover team thread that Cairo might be worth checking out for possible addition here, then it would be very much appreciated. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply