FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFew threads concerning Ange

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Few threads concerning Ange
    Posted: August 30 2005 at 15:23
I did a search in the forums and found little or nothing about Ange. Just wondered what folks thought about them... favorite songs, favorite albums, videos, live shows that you might have seen, new incarnation of the band, etc....

I don't speak French but have always loved the sound. I understand from colleagues who are Francophones that the lyrics can often be pretty dark... I find Christian DeCamps voice to be very interesting.

I own Le Cimetière des Arlequins (my favorite), Au-delà du Délire, Emile Jacotey, and Nu (fantasic Christian Decamps solo album).

Edited by DEzerov
The moon is made by some lame cooper and you can see the idiot has no idea about moons at all - Nikolay Gogol
The Hemulen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2005 at 15:54
I have Au-delà du Délire. I very much like the song Exode on it. Overall I find it a bit... I don't know, actually, but it didn't make me crave any more.
erik neuteboom View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2005 at 16:03

Hello.

Please check out my reviews on this site, I'm curious to your opinion! I follow them since the Seventies and a few years ago I finally could witness a concert in The Hague (Holland) from them, SPLENDID! My favorite studio album is Guet Apens and my all time favorite is Tome VI (I bought this in the Virgin store in London).

Dragon Phoenix View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2005 at 16:24
I have Au-delà du Délire and Emile Jacotey. They came highly recommended by email from a Frenchman who shared by appreciation of Kayak (this was long before I discovered this site btw). I am distinctly underwhelmed. It is not bad, but I can easily name a hundred prog acts that I prefer.
Blog this:
http://artrock2006.blogspot.com
Guillermo View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2005 at 16:26

Ange is a very good band. I like their live  album called "Tome VI". Unfortunately I don`t speak French. I hope I could understand their lyrics. I like the songs "Le Chien, Le Poubelle et la Rose", "Hymne a la Vie", Sur La Trace des Fes", etc.

I read that in their line-up now only Decamps is from the original line-up. His son also plays in the band.

Avatar: Photo of Solar Eclipse, Mexico City, July 1991. A great experience to see. Maybe once in a lifetime.
geezer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2005 at 16:48
Excellent band. I also like the theatrical voice.

Not really among my very favourites from the seventies but i do like them.

I have the five albums from '73 to '77.
H.NOT View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2005 at 17:30

As a french man I just can say that Ange was certainly the most popular french prog band in france during the 70s with Magma.

Au dela du délire is my favorite. Lyrics are absoluletley fantastic ( dark and poetic, sometimes agressive against religion or better churches ).

In my mind ANGE made a great mix of english prog and french poular songs ( jacques brel especially ).

Post Reply Post Reply