Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMarillion FEAR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marillion FEAR
    Posted: October 31 2016 at 21:40
Hi to all prog community! I am Marillion fan since 1990s. Can someone explain me the meaning of lyrics of "A Scary sky"? Is it true that Steve Hogarth sing about "passenger jet brought down by russian missiles"? (http://www.progarchives.com/review.asp?id=1630529) What "passenger jet"? I dont' understand... Thanks in advance) Den, Russia
Kingsnake View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2016 at 04:52
Well I don't watch the news that often.
But a dutch aeroplane was shot down not long ago.
And now all the dutch people are scared and angry at Russia.
DenH View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2016 at 06:37
Thank you for explain... Seems the hole world angry at Russia... Bad things happens now, I am very sad about that... F..king politicians.
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2016 at 14:03
Originally posted by Kingsnake Kingsnake wrote:

Well I don't watch the news that often.
But a dutch aeroplane was shot down not long ago.
And now all the dutch people are scared and angry at Russia.

Not all. I don't think that this Malaysian aeroplane was shot down by Russians. For me it is clear from day one that the circumstances in which the MH17 disaster (298 deaths, 196 Dutch victims) took place were ...er... very inconvenient from a political point of view.

The lyrics which are referred to may be found here.
DenH View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2016 at 14:41
Thxs for your opinion! It's quite unlogical for Russia to shot down any aeroplan and pls have in mind that the aircraft was flying over Ukranian territory and they had to "close the sky" because of war between Kiev and Donetsk... Besides, remember the disappearance of another malaysian flight 370..? Very strange incident...
I've read lirycs but thought "A Scary Sky" not about us. Another "cold war", I really disappointed...
Kingsnake View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2016 at 03:35
I don't hate Russians. I love them.
They make the best music, have the kindest people, the most beautiful women.
Mother Russia has a beautiful nature, and the handpan community is very kind, loving and peaceful.

My favorite handpan-related instrument (the RAV drum) is made in Perm, Russia. I love it.

What militairy and political people do, doesn't concern me that much.

You know that the Dutch, British and Belgians transport weapons and bombs to war-torn countries.
I sometimes am embarrased by the mighty West Europe.

No, I don't hate Russia.
DenH View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2016 at 18:08
Thank you sincerely for such kind words!

Oh, those politiсians… In fact here, in Russia, we live at the interface of Europe and Asia (by the way, Perm is almost situated in Asia), therefore some of western people still take us for barbarians J  Maybe therefore they have fear..? But if you come to Russia’s World Cup 2018 you’ll see real things and real people!

p.s. Hope you like this – Marillion’s song and our nature Mix J

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWN8-ZixafM

JulesRules View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2016 at 05:53

The only thing I know is that Russian politics kept presenting new facts, all of which eventually clashed, made no sense and were all refuted. If they had nothing to do with it, why did they try so hard to construe something?

I've heard of somebody who was on vacation in Russia and came back feeling hate for the Ukraine just because there is so much propaganda on Russian media. "Why is nothing ever true?" may refer to information becoming easier to fake and harder to verify.

As for everybody hating Russia... this wasn't the case five or six years ago and from what I can see, Russian politicians can blame themselves for that. You don't just go annex part of another country! Not saying "the West" has been doing great things all the time (invading Iraq was very stupid) but if there will ever be a Judgement day, somebody will have a lot to answer for...

DenH View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2016 at 03:38
Thanks for your opinion! Just a little comments to your post. 
Here, in Russia, nobody hates ukranian people, because we are living together for centuries and there is no partition on russians or ukranians. Regarding Crimea, may be it was annexion (then so it was in Kosovo), but I don't care about this case - the main result what were not victims in Crimea after violent mutiny in Kiev (as you know too many people died in another Ukranian region, Donetsk)... 

JulesRules View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2016 at 10:12

OK maybe I was being too general. The 'new' Ukrainian government was repeatedly called 'fascist' on Russian media. The fact that Janucovich didn't care about his people and instead directed a lot of money into his own pockets was seemingly as irrelevant as what Assad is doing in Syria. Well, in my opinion you can also lose the right to lead a country if you do certain things against your own people. Also Putin is on record as saying that the end of the Soviet Union was a terrible mistake. I think most of those countries that gained their independence in the 90's will disagree with that... Ouch

DenH View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2016 at 12:51
What kind of "independence" do you mean, my friend?) The fact is that Russia was the first USSR republic who declared their "independence" and then were other republics. The Soviet Union was a precursor to EU: both sides had integrated economic, army, free borders, etc. The USSR was an attempt to build the "society of truth" and "social state", maybe it was a dream, but many gains were achieved...
 Post Reply Post Reply