Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problems, problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems, problems
    Posted: November 04 2016 at 07:39
For the last days I've found the main site repeatedly inaccessible, sometimes for hours in a row.

Is this only happening to me (I've seen no one mentioning it) ?
Something with my ISP, perhaps, or does anyone know more about this ?

Darious View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2016 at 07:45
Nothing like this has been happening to me. OK, I'm joking. Yes, the site has been inaccessible on a number of occasions recently.
Writing about truth is a little bit like getting your dick out in public and hoping no one laughs (Steve Hogarth)
Formentera Lady View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Formentera Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2016 at 07:59
It just happened to me, too. The forum was not accessible. The main page was shown with a message, that the server is down, but that the page is displayed through some kind of 24-hour cloud or something. Unfortunately, I have forgotten the exact message.
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2016 at 08:10
Originally posted by Formentera Lady Formentera Lady wrote:

It just happened to me, too. The forum was not accessible. The main page was shown with a message, that the server is down, but that the page is displayed through some kind of 24-hour cloud or something. Unfortunately, I have forgotten the exact message.

I had the same thing. The site must have been offline for some 8 hours. A rather fakey front page snapshot (from 28 October 0h EST or so - the most recent review was dated 27 October 23:57) was on display with a message from an outfit called AlwaysOnline above the page, telling to retry after a few minutes. Any click on a link resulted in an Error 503.

Edited by someone_else - November 04 2016 at 08:11
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2016 at 08:14
It was a server-side problem, everyone had it Geek
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2016 at 08:27
Phew, no need for this then...

Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2016 at 08:30

I should have guessed... thx mates

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2016 at 10:35
It's been happening a lot lately. Is old M@x paying the bills?
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2016 at 13:58
Yep, it's bloody annoying. Even the front page of reviews was the one from a week ago........(I thought I read that Opeth review before........ )
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2016 at 05:54
Even now, this c**t of a site gives me an 'access denied' screen when I post a regular message. Can't be bothered anymore........
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2016 at 06:26
I think you'll find, Tom, that even when it says `access denied', you'll find that when you go back to the main Forum screen your message will have been posted anyway! When I'm on the older systems at work I get that EVERY. SINGLE. TIME, or a `Spamming is not permitted' message - always one or the other, and it logs me out of the site every 30 minutes if I haven't made a post.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2016 at 07:09
Now, what about album covers ?

Recently I found a couple had disappeared from Moody Blues and Beatles discog !!!
Even after updating the picture file, it doesn't stick and remains blank.

Hope someone (?) with enough knowledge can check this out  (what seems to be a database corruption, am I right?)
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2016 at 08:06
^ I've just replaced 4 blank covers (1 of the Beatles and 3 moody). Seems it works now.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2016 at 08:17
^ Exactly, thanks Eugene, glad it's all right for now (but I've seen it disappear again sometime later, so not sure of the final outcome...)

I had noticed it's an erratic problem, what makes it more impossible to avoid/prevent/anticipate without knowing the real cause.

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2016 at 09:09
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

I think you'll find, Tom, that even when it says `access denied', you'll find that when you go back to the main Forum screen your message will have been posted anyway! When I'm on the older systems at work I get that EVERY. SINGLE. TIME, or a `Spamming is not permitted' message - always one or the other, and it logs me out of the site every 30 minutes if I haven't made a post.
No, I find I have to refresh the screen, then I've lost what I typed. I can't even send you a PM coz it won't allow it !!

Edited by Tom Ozric - November 05 2016 at 09:10
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2016 at 12:57
Groovy, two more of those site spasms in the last 30 minutes!
paulindigo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2016 at 10:32
I've had some difficulty surfing the site in the last days but today it's even worse. Cry It takes ages to connect and then suddenly it goes down...
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Windhawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2016 at 12:27
I've had to kill my browser a few times due to something going amiss when trying to load pages on the site today. Just what is wrong I don't know, but something is clearly not right.
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
Evolver View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evolver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2016 at 13:03
Does seem very bad today.
Trust me. I know what I'm doing.
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2016 at 16:17
M@X's server might be full stomach, I guess. Pig
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>