Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problems, problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2016 at 16:23
Is M@x a real person or just a Mythological Entity with only virtual existence, I wonder...
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdtprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2016 at 06:05
Some reviewer can't post a review, asking to login in again and again. I don't know what the problem is because I can post a review myself and never have an issue with this. Any suggestion, solution, miracle from some big tech head?
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness.

Emile M. Cioran

Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2016 at 06:15
It is most commonly down to a simple thing...like if the person in question has a name with an ü or ú or any strange kind of thingy attached to the letters.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2016 at 06:02
Is it just me or the Canterbury thread is locked for good ?

I wanted to post there the following announcement dated 22-Nov-2016:

"To visitors and followers of Calyx – The Canterbury Website. The website has been down since yesterday as a result of my Internet provider of 18 years (SFR, formerly Club-Internet) deciding to unilaterally suspend all users’ personal pages with no explanation, excuse or compensation. An announcement to this effect was made some months ago, to widespread disbelief, and I assumed this was a blunder or joke on their part. Unfortunately, this decision is now in effect, and Calyx has been taken down. Needless to say, I will cancel my subscription and change providers as soon as possible, and the website will be back online. Sorry for the inconvience."
bl6464 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bl6464 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2017 at 15:04
Happy New Year,

Have reported in several places with no response. Hope this is the right one.
Kyros is clasiffied as Crossvover Prog, when it is much closer to Neo-Prog. The right classification is very important to guide the community and rate properly on the right category.

Rgds, Ben
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2017 at 15:45
^ Ben, you are a bit lost, aren't you ?

We all have our opinions, and you are surely entitled (and welcomed) to defend your own on the forum.

But if you have such a strong feeling about this issue, why don't you contact Rdtprog (the author of the band's bio) directly and present your case with some good arguments.

Happy New Year to you, too Thumbs Up
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2017 at 16:14
Originally posted by bl6464 bl6464 wrote:

Happy New Year,

Kyros is clasiffied as Crossvover Prog, when it is much closer to Neo-Prog. The right classification is very important to guide the community and rate properly on the right category.

Rgds, Ben

Ben. What Jose could also have added, but didn't because he is far too nice and polite, is that it really doesn't matter. It really, really, really, doesn't matter in the overall scheme of life, the universe, and everything. 99.999998877% of the world really don't give a f**k. The remaining 0.000002233% who do really need to go out a wee bit more and grab a life, and/or nookie. Either will do.

Sorry, but that is about the sum of it.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2017 at 16:35
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Originally posted by bl6464 bl6464 wrote:

Happy New Year,

Rgds, Ben

Ben. What Jose could also have added, but didn't because he is far too nice and polite, is that it really doesn't matter. It really, really, really, doesn't matter in the overall scheme of life, the universe, and everything. 99.999998877% of the world really don't give a f**k. The remaining 0.000002233% who do really need to go out a wee bit more and grab a life, and/or nookie. Either will do.

Sorry, but that is about the sum of it.

YUP, labeling is the bane of our existence! Embarrassed
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2017 at 12:03
Nomenclature is the bane of the archivist.

I cant even find Kyros in the database. Now I did as it's not under K but under S as it is here as Synaesthesia / Kyros since the band changed its name. Maybe the first album is more on the Crossover vein and the second more Neo_prog, I don't know. Both the Crossover team and Neo_prog team would have to agree to the change and there is a big back-log so I wouldn't expect a re-evaluation any time soon. I think some people don't quite realize that this is voluntary work and evaluations can be very time consuming. I'm sure they had their reasons for agreeing to add it to Crossover in the first place (sometimes we do it for expediency, and think it can always be moved later, often when there's new material if it seems important and there is a big push for it from the membership with plenty of arguments and some gnashing of teeth sometimes).

By the way, this band was added before the name change and on the merits of the album Synaesthesia only. I was going to mention it to the teams directly, but they have their plates full and maybe might be best to wait to see if there is another album in the next couple of years to re-make the case. I do see that rateyourmusic labels Synaesthesia as Neo-Prog.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2017 at 13:44
Originally posted by Quinino Quinino wrote:

Is it just me or the Canterbury thread is locked for good ?

I wanted to post there the following announcement dated 22-Nov-2016:

"To visitors and followers of Calyx – The Canterbury Website. The website has been down since yesterday as a result of my Internet provider of 18 years (SFR, formerly Club-Internet) deciding to unilaterally suspend all users’ personal pages with no explanation, excuse or compensation. An announcement to this effect was made some months ago, to widespread disbelief, and I assumed this was a blunder or joke on their part. Unfortunately, this decision is now in effect, and Calyx has been taken down. Needless to say, I will cancel my subscription and change providers as soon as possible, and the website will be back online. Sorry for the inconvience."

Aymeric confirmed last week that he's still working on getting the site back up soon but it was tougher to do than expected and wasn't helped by the holidays. 
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2017 at 04:49
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2017 at 05:19
^ Good news, thks mate
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2017 at 15:48
The Admin page is behaving really bad, today - I can't get to make it work properly
Please confirm if it's happening with you too, or else I'll have to check my browser (never happened before, but...)
Thks guys
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2017 at 16:01
^ Recently all PA page including Admin Panel, Main Page, or something ... have behaved badly. Not sure what's happening around M@X though ... Unhappy
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2017 at 16:23
^ yes...I've had a hell of a time reaching various album pages this past week.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2017 at 16:35
Thanks, guys - at least now I don't feel alone in my misery Unhappy
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2017 at 17:22
Off and on problems with album database and collab individual pages have been inaccessible for 2 days now. Thought it was just my issues with rural 4g, but trace route says it's all host side.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2017 at 15:44
Forgive my ignorance: what's the policy here? - admins contact m@x and report the problem, that's it?
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2017 at 19:18
I just figured there was some all-seeing master of internet prog that knows when issues arise or when there is upheaval among its subjects. The Prognipotent one? The Progniscient?

Seriously though, someone must be on it since the issue seems to be resolved as of this morning (PST). Not sure about the advanced features for admins, but database access seems to load clean right now. 

But it is a good question. Can't imagine max wants 47 emails when trouble is afoot....or left unaware.

Edited by Tapfret - March 03 2017 at 19:20
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2017 at 11:26
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=53438

I updated this cover but it didn't upload correctly (or whatever, I tried several times always unsuccessfully) and now the page is blank with no picture ????
Could one of you folks please try, maybe will work with different user (not the first time!)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>