Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problems, problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 15>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2017 at 05:17
^ Sometimes it's 3 times in a row lately. Then I don't bother. It really kills the enthusiasm.
I miss Catcher10 - Jose. Looks like CAPCHA has claimed another victim.......
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2017 at 04:40
Hi M@x

Could you please re-analyse the script on the bands Bio section ?
When the Bio  exceeds one page of text, the code for the link "Read more" at the bottom somehow "collides" with any hyperlink we may embed in the text itself, scrambling all the page.
This only happens on certain circumstances which, at least partially, I have detected and may pass on to you with examples, if needed.

Thanks and cheers
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2017 at 23:32
Guys, I've just been contacted by a band pointing out that they'd had a member from the Archives - Melinbone - let them know that they'd posted a review for their latest album, but the review is nowhere to be found on the site. Which has reminded me of something I meant to bring up a few weeks ago....

Over the last few weeks, I've encountered several instances where a post of a review will show up on the Facebook page of the site, but when you go to the main page of the site, the review is nowhere to be seen.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2017 at 05:31
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Over the last few weeks, I've encountered several instances where a post of a review will show up on the Facebook page of the site, but when you go to the main page of the site, the review is nowhere to be seen.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I only know one situation it will happen in this way ...
the review won't appear on the main page when you have assigned a rating beforehand and then add the text later

siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2017 at 22:30
On the Midnight Mumps album page by Gryphon, it looks like Easy Livin inserted an italic command somewhere but forgot to close it rendering all following text to be in italics. Not sure if this is a major problem but i hate reading entire reviews in italics.

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=478

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2017 at 23:18
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

On the Midnight Mumps album page by Gryphon, it looks like Easy Livin inserted an italic command somewhere but forgot to close it rendering all following text to be in italics. Not sure if this is a major problem but i hate reading entire reviews in italics.

Good catch, Admin should be able to fix ~

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2017 at 03:52
^Fixed, thanks for spotting it.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2017 at 07:36
For the last hour or so I'm having difficulty in simply accessing album pages in the DB (which returns an error page with a long SQL message) - could anyone  please confirm if it's global and not just me ?
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2017 at 07:48
I can't access any artist or album page either.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2017 at 08:14
Yep Jose. It's the same here:

Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 11.0 error '80040e14'

Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.TVisitedPages' in database 'qpauqxsp_macpa' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.

/album.asp, line 14

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2017 at 10:11
Well, guys, seems something broke in the server and it's taking a while to mend (if anytime soon...that's my fear...) - post here if you have any news, thanks
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2017 at 12:00
Still broken at 19:00 GMT - no artist or album page accessible, with the same error message returned. It's around five hours since this first started now.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2017 at 14:02

Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.TVisitedPages'.'IX_TVisitedPages' in database 'qpauqxsp_macpa' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.

/artist.asp, line 13

One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdtprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2017 at 14:42

Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.TVisitedPages'.'IX_TVisitedPages' in database 'qpauqxsp_macpa' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.

/artist.asp, line 13

Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness.

Emile M. Cioran

awaken77 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awaken77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2018 at 08:33
looks like this site is infected by virus

-randomly when I open any topic, browser asks me to download and run some executable .SVF extension (which looks like a virus)

-when I post something and didnt finish, I randomly redirected to captcha page, and my post disappears

-in new post , there is unprintable sign ''

Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2018 at 09:07
Be careful: If no one has the same symptoms (I don't), then I would say the virus might be instead in your PC.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2018 at 09:14
Not a huge problem but anyhow deserving my time Geek

Have you guys noticed that when we upload albums covers with a more reduced dimension (even if approximate to the size they are actually posted on the page) they get distorted and ugly ?
So my advise would be: please choose bigger images - they will get eventually redimensioned while uploaded - for a better esthetic final result.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2018 at 13:26
For the last couple of days I keep receiving the following error message when accessing album's pages on the DB

"Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 11.0 error '80004005'

Transaction (Process ID 600) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

/artist.asp, line 13 "

Is it only me ?
 I wonder if any OS update (or other change on my PC I'm not aware of) is responsible - or else was it some modification on the site ...
Any clarification would be useful, thanks for your answers.

Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2018 at 07:34
^ Nobody cared to answer but I have news for you - today on another PC I received the same error message so (un)fortunately it seems like a DB problem, not from my home system (true?).
Can anyone confirm this ?
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2018 at 07:52
^ Yes, I've gotten similar errors.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 15>