Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problems, problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 15>
Author
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2019 at 23:04
^Fixed, thanks.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2019 at 14:51
Someone forgot to close the italic brackets on the latest review and i'm totally freaking out cuz the whole front page is in italics. (howling at the moon sounds)

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2019 at 14:53
^ It'll be fixed.   If not, PM admin or better yet the writer.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2019 at 14:58
Not here! Has it been fixed already?
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2019 at 19:16
Seems okay.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2019 at 20:58
Someone forgot to close the italics on this page and it's all too freaky to read. It's more scary than Sabbath's career after this album LOL

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2019 at 21:21
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

Someone forgot to close the italics on this page and it's all too freaky to read. It's more scary than Sabbath's career after this album LOL

Thanks, fixed.

Edited by Logan - September 12 2019 at 21:22
thepenultimateprogressiveartexperimentalmusicresource.org: the penultimate progressive, art, experimental music resource dot org
patrickq View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2019 at 01:42
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

Someone forgot to close the italic brackets on the latest review and i'm totally freaking out cuz the whole front page is in italics. (howling at the moon sounds)
I’ve done this. Now I always check the front page after posting a review. Or I think I always remember...
mdelval View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdelval Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2019 at 04:31
Lately I've seen that some artist pages do not show the stars for ratings, and I was wondering if this is intentional (why?) or an error. For example today I visited Thom Yorke, Nad Sylvan, Millenium and Elephant9 and none of them had the stars for ratings. It is happening more and more frecuently, while in the past 10 years or more it had never happened. I was hoping somebody could fix this. Thanks.
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2019 at 04:58
^ That happens when you're seeing the site in https, instead of http. Can you see them here?
AZF View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2019 at 14:44
Well I'm using a Tablet and a few hours ago the site went back to how it appeared on a Desktop. (I have seriously got to change my avatar!) Now it's back to normal.
Fun while it lasted.
mdelval View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdelval Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2019 at 13:26
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

^ That happens when you're seeing the site in https, instead of http. Can you see them here?

Yes it works, thanks a lot!!. But when I clicked the link they didn't appear, I had to manually type http: in the address bar to get them. I'm using Firefox, I suppose there's some arcane setting for this...
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2019 at 09:44
Not exactly a problem but an interesting quirk.

Has anybody else experienced this?

I switched to using ad blocker on Firefox but when i happen to open up PA in Safari without ad blocker, now i'm being punished with horrible ads saying my Mac is infected and all kinds of scare tactic crap.

Just wondering if this is unique to me

Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2019 at 09:51
^Well, it *is* a Mac. The spam's got a point.
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2019 at 11:25
Well, not exactly the same issue, but now I am getting ads in the middle of forum posts and ads at the bottom that are disguised with PA user avatars.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2019 at 04:48
I'm not seeing any more ads than normal or anything about being infected, but some of the recent top of the page ads are a bit suspect, particularly one about getting an National Insurance card.

Edited by chopper - October 23 2019 at 08:00
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2019 at 06:36
^Ads are algorithmic based on user location, browser history, cookies, etc. The ads you see are different than what I see. So the algorithm has determined you are a target for the NHS, where there would be no advantage to showing me, a non-UK resident that ad. Just as it would be pointless to display an ad to you regarding MBA degrees from Washington State University, which is what the algorithm has targeted me with. Though the algorithm is not smart enough to realize I would probably shoot myself if I was forced to do accounting all day.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2019 at 08:01
Originally posted by Tapfret Tapfret wrote:

^Ads are algorithmic based on user location, browser history, cookies, etc. The ads you see are different than what I see. So the algorithm has determined you are a target for the NHS, where there would be no advantage to showing me, a non-UK resident that ad. Just as it would be pointless to display an ad to you regarding MBA degrees from Washington State University, which is what the algorithm has targeted me with. Though the algorithm is not smart enough to realize I would probably shoot myself if I was forced to do accounting all day.

Sorry, it was National Insurance not NHS. My point is it looks like one of these dodgy sites that charge you for something you can get for free.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2019 at 20:36
Here's a problem of my own making. Not a tragedy but dammit it pisses me off. I accidently swiped the stars on Le Orme's Collage page and rated it. I really wish there was a way to correct this myself under the editing our ratings / reviews options so we could erase it but there isn't can one of you admins wipe it clean? I can't stand to have ratings with no reviews! A multitude of thanks

Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2019 at 21:56
^ You know you are just going to review it anyway. Just call it fate. That's how I ended up reviewing Invisible Touch, by invisible touching the stars. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 15>