Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problems, problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 15>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2019 at 08:45
^ that did occur to me. But admins have erased them before. Or, i'll just review it. It's a good album actually :)

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2019 at 12:01
And done. Just posted a review for LE Orme's collage so no need to erase the rating only. I really wish there was an option to delete reviews or ratings though. Oh well.

TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2019 at 14:45
I'm always reading that people are having problems with ads that appear in the middle of a review or page, and at first I just thought it was a way to get ads noticed more often, but now I'm starting to think its not intentional.  Is there a way to fix this on my end or is it just "normal"?  I first noticed it after I posted a review, and I thought I had accidentally hard coded the ad into my review somehow, but then I noticed the same thing in one of Silly Puppy's reviews, and I thought he was smarter than me, that he wouldn't do that too, would he?  Anyway, not a big deal, but it might be annoying to some people.

siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2019 at 15:25
^ ads have become an intolerable nuisance here. Intrusive and utterly invasive. I finally download AdBlock and all has been peachy. I recommend that as well. I'm all for ads but it's gotten ridiculous. This site should really have an option of subscribing for 10$ a year or something so that it can support itself without ads. The Rate Your Music model is far superior but the owner here just doesn't care :(

Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2020 at 12:38
Here's a new one...for me anyway.

"

Your IP : 16.128.16.103 use too much bandwith (2.835938 sec./pages, 6 pages).

Contact [email protected] to report problems

"
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2020 at 13:20
Originally posted by TCat TCat wrote:

I'm always reading that people are having problems with ads that appear in the middle of a review or page, and at first I just thought it was a way to get ads noticed more often, but now I'm starting to think its not intentional.  Is there a way to fix this on my end or is it just "normal"?  I first noticed it after I posted a review, and I thought I had accidentally hard coded the ad into my review somehow, but then I noticed the same thing in one of Silly Puppy's reviews, and I thought he was smarter than me, that he wouldn't do that too, would he?  Anyway, not a big deal, but it might be annoying to some people.

Yes, I noticed that too. It looked really weird at first to see ads inserted into the gaps between paragraphs in my album reviews, but I've got used to it now and I'm not complaining. Smile
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2020 at 17:45
Originally posted by Tapfret Tapfret wrote:

I'm quite familiar with the alert. Please cater the server more slowly. Wink
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2020 at 13:34
\The forum was not accessible for over 4 hrs earlier today...just some info for the forum mods

Edited by dr wu23 - February 23 2020 at 13:35
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2020 at 13:37
^ All of Max's sites were off line for about 12 hours. There were problems with the server.
Help the victims of the russian invasion:
http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28523&PID=130446&title=various-ways-you-can-help-ukraine#130446
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2020 at 13:39
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

\The forum was not accessible for over 4 hrs earlier today...just some info for the forum mods
I haven't been able to access ProgArchives all day for about 12 hours up until about an hour ago. It's good to be back. Smile
ForestFriend View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForestFriend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2020 at 13:45

"

"

I just wish they extended the number of pages you had to visit before got that error. 6 pages to me is usually:
Main page -> Forum Home -> Login (because I keep getting logged out...) -> Login successful -> Back to the Forum Home -> Actually viewing a discussion thread (or going to a subforum to browse threads)

I see no reason to take my time on those first 5 pages - I doubt the website is going to go over their bandwidth limit because I took an extra 5 seconds to get to a thread (I'd probably end up viewing the same amount of pages at the end of the day). If the warning came after 10 pages instead of 6, that might be enough to avoid diminishing the experience for regular users, but still create barriers for bots which is probably the actual concern.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2020 at 02:42
^
weird, I've never seen that one.
gpbors View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpbors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2020 at 06:55
Good morning to all !

I report a bug in the home page link "All" concerning the Bands list.
Clicking this link i have the following error message:

Response object error 'ASP 0251 : 80004005'

Response Buffer Limit Exceeded

/bands-alpha.asp, line 0

Execution of the ASP page caused the Response Buffer to exceed its configured limit.

Can you solve this problem?
Thank you

Progishness View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progishness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2021 at 12:59
Originally posted by DamoXt7942 DamoXt7942 wrote:

I've occasionally been seeing that error too... not to mention the server being unavailable or very slow responding (often several times a week).

Sort it out please.
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2021 at 03:05
Originally posted by Progishness Progishness wrote:

Originally posted by DamoXt7942 DamoXt7942 wrote:

I've occasionally been seeing that error too... not to mention the server being unavailable or very slow responding (often several times a week).

Sort it out please.
maybe your typings are too fast for the server to follow you. Star
Mirakaze View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Eclectic Prog & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mirakaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2021 at 11:53
The paragraphs were inexplicably erased from my review of Ut Gret's Recent Fossils and I seem to be unable to edit it myself. Is it possible for a staff member to replace the text with this one?
-
Don't be fooled by this leviathan of an album: If you go into it knowing exactly what you're in for (as I did on my second listen) you'll probably have a fairly enjoyable three and a half hours of music (!!!) ahead of you, but if you expect a grand, epic, career-defining statement combining all the various strengths of this remarkably multifaceted and innovative avant-prog ensemble (as I, perhaps naïvely, did on my first listen) you will likely be disappointed.
So what should one expect then? Disc 1, composed entirely by Gregory Acker, presents us 18 world music pieces inspired by Indonesian gamelan, with emphasis on pitched percussion, woodwinds and zithers, regularly accompanied by western instruments like saxophone, electric guitar and (near the end) a bass guitar and a drum kit. While it's quite relaxing and pleasant to listen to, it all sort of blends together after a while; the only pieces that truly stand out are "Cirro-Stratus", with its cute Penguin Cafe Orchestra-like melody and cool guitar arpeggios, and "Par Ti", on which all the woodwinds are given the opportunity to jam out in a straight-forward rock manner, adding a brief bit of diversity.
Disc 2 consists solely of group improvisations and offers a much more varied sound than the first disc: not only in terms of instrumentation - ranging from a standard rock lineup to a string quartet to a wind ensemble and combinations of instruments from all of these - but also in terms of mood and set-up. Some, like "Appalachian Fall" and "21st Century String Quartet" are disjointed and unsettling and are the result of completely free improvisation, sometimes bordering on ambient music ("Music To Die By"); elsewhere the group plays more conventional and frenetic jazz-rock jams such as "The Enemy Is Dust" and "Mercury Paw". Not every track on here is a winner, some pieces drag on for a bit too long and none of it is rooted in a truly memorable or profound musical idea (won't blame them for that obviously since it's all improvised) but effort was clearly put in offering a diverse selection of music and structuring it in a cohesive and naturally flowing manner.
Disc 3 is perhaps the most mystifying: all of it is occupied by an hour-long live performance of Terry Riley's famous minimalist composition "In C". The only other recording of this that I am familiar with is the "original" by Riley himself from 1968 which I like quite a lot (I realize that this may sound ironic considering I criticized disc 1 of this album for being too much of the same, but I believe that monotony and repetition need not necessarily be bad traits of a piece of music, in the hands of a masterful composer or producer who can establish a truly captivating hypnotic effect with it). I've noticed that, compared to Riley's recording, Ut Gret put more emphasis on one specific section around the 44 minute mark which leans on the dissonant more so than any other moment in the composition; I never noticed that part before but it sounds very cool and makes me respect the piece even more so kudos to the group for that. On the other hand, the overall sound quality sadly isn't too great, and I don't like how they abruptly stop and start their performance rather than slowly building it up and breaking it down at the beginning and end. To my knowledge, this is the only liberty they take in what otherwise seems to be a very faithful interpretation of the piece, and while I don't protest against its inclusion, it remains an enigma to me why they would include something like this on their own album rather than a Terry Riley-centred compilation.
What's wild is that this is only the second album of a group that to my knowledge wasn't very established beforehand anyway, and right away they went off the deep end, recording a three-disc opus of what was clearly a number of passion projects for various members with no regard for how commercially viable it might be even within their extremely niche market. I really, really wish I could reward that boldness and determination with a higher rating because I really do respect it, but even though I don't regret listening to all 220 minutes of this I would be lying if I described any of it as essential.
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2021 at 12:00
You need to hit enter twice to make paragraphs.

Edited by Easy Money - August 18 2021 at 12:32
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2021 at 13:32
^^ I fixed the review.  You should be able to edit your reviews anytime by going to the "Log In" tab at the top of the home page.  You'll see a link under where the section "Welcome. You are logged in as Mirakaze" the says "Edit your old reviews and ratings".  Click on that and it will take you to a page that leads off with an area to type in your own Biography if you want, but scroll on down a little further and you will see a list of all of your reviews.  Click on the symbol  next to the review that you want to edit, and you will be able to edit to your heart's content.  Click the Save button when you are done.

Mirakaze View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Eclectic Prog & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mirakaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2021 at 15:42
Noted, thanks!
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2021 at 16:48
I tend to put a <P> or <BR> tag in to be safe.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 15>