Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Books and Miscellaneous Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hawkwind: Sonic Assassins

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Abrahams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hawkwind: Sonic Assassins
    Posted: November 08 2016 at 12:19
There's an old thread that's now locked (I guess through age) on both my Hawkwind book from 2004, Sonic Assassins, and Carol Clerk's 'The Saga of Hawkwind' tome.

Just wanted to mention (admins, hope this is OK), that Hawkwind: Sonic Assassins is now fully updated and revised with new interviews and new research material, and will be available on eBook platforms from 23/11/16 with a print edition to follow in early 2017
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2016 at 08:14
Originally posted by Ian Abrahams Ian Abrahams wrote:

There's an old thread that's now locked (I guess through age) on both my Hawkwind book from 2004, Sonic Assassins, and Carol Clerk's 'The Saga of Hawkwind' tome.

Just wanted to mention (admins, hope this is OK), that Hawkwind: Sonic Assassins is now fully updated and revised with new interviews and new research material, and will be available on eBook platforms from 23/11/16 with a print edition to follow in early 2017

I would like to acquire a print copy of this, so I can review it. I'm partially blind on one eye, and reading on the screen is really tiring, and I have to read in book form, unless I can print things.

Not that many of us would need to know everything, but some of us were there from the start, even from the days of Michael Moorcock, and the only thing that is missing, even in Wiki, is the connection, and the fact that MM also wrote a series of books about the inspiration for the Hawkwind material for a year or two. 

While I am not completely in tune with that information, it would be nice to get a bit more close to it. To me, the arts are not "separate" from the rest of the world, and unlike rock critics, that do not see that the world turns and other arts exist, I see connections with film, literature and other arts all the time. They might not be exactly blatant and open, but sometimes they are nicely done and sometimes obvious, and sometimes, the connection is sublime. 

NP: Hawkwind - "Steppenwolf" ... and will follow it with "Reefer Madness" ... how appropriate! Makes one wonder if anyone knows who HH is? And if it matters, because sometimes on one occasion or two, even in these places, it doesn't.
... none of the hits, none of the time ... you will, eventually, find your own art inside! Try it!
www.pedrosena.com
Flight123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flight123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2016 at 03:53
Thanks for the heads up!  I seek this out - looking forward to a good book about this remarkable band (one of the first bands I ever saw: 'Quark' tour, Leicester, 1977)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic