Topic ClosedBubu: New Album In The Works

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bubu: New Album In The Works
    Posted: December 18 2016 at 18:17
For those who missed it, Argentinian prog legends Bubu (of Anabelas fame) are back in business. 2016 saw the release of the band's first new material with the EP Resplandor and Bubu are set to take to the studio once more, with aims to have their second full studio album released in 2017.  

Bubu are famous in prog circles for their highly acclaimed 1978 album, Anabelas. With a distinctive blend of chaotic, turbulent energy and refined, evocative soundscapes, this largely instrumental release has won over the hearts of many a prog enthusiast (myself being no exception). Nearly 40 years later, original composer Daniel Andreoli has returned with the music scene, aided by some of Buenos Aires' hottest young musical talent. Together, they've taken the local prog scene by storm. With an EP of new material, Resplandor, under their belt, and a series of tremendous live shows, they've proven themselves once again to be a force to be reckoned with in the prog world. 

Looking forward into 2017, Bubu is planning to release a full album of all new material. And if Resplandor is any indication, it ain't gonna be too shabby, to say the least. As is often the case with independent music, of course, there are financial setbacks to get past. With that in mind, Bubu has started up a crowdfunding initiative to get their new album into your ears as quickly as possible:  

Having said that, this is no mere charity case. By supporting the project, there are plenty of sweet perks. CD pre-orders, advanced digital downloads, merchandise, concert tickets, even the possibility of your own private Bubu concert! The details are all outlined on the Ideame page linked above. So if you're looking to support independent prog artists, consider it a treat to yourself to pre-order what will inevitably be one of 2017's finest releases. Wink

when i was a kid a doller was worth ten dollers - now a doller couldnt even buy you fifty cents
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2016 at 22:26
Nice!

Resplandor was pretty darn excellent. Hoping for more of the same.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
 Post Reply Post Reply