Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRock Au Chateau

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rock Au Chateau
    Posted: December 21 2016 at 14:42
https://www.rockauchateau.fr/

Does anyone have any experience with this festival from the past years? I, not being a native french speaker, am very intrigued by it (f**king Magma, Caravan and Tristan Decamps are you kidding me?) but I can't really understand how it works. And it feels too cheap (2 day ticket 60 euros), there must be a catch. It looks like this resort is also a hotel so do they want me to book a night or 2 there first?
Whoever speaks french (I don't trust the damn google translate) and/or has experience with this neat looking festival could really help me out here.

Thanks a bunch in advance!
Magnum Vaeltaja View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2016 at 15:42
I've never heard of the festival before, but just reading up on the website it looks fantastic. Magma and Caravan on the same weekend? Awesome! 

Nothing sketchy or suspicious about it; tickets just happen to be (very fortunately!) inexpensive. And it doesn't seem that there's any obligation to stay at the castle for the weekend, though I'd imagine that it would be convenient.
when i was a kid a doller was worth ten dollers - now a doller couldnt even buy you fifty cents
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2017 at 03:20
Looking at the prices of the rooms, I would recommend the spectators to try other locations: one (1) night for one person already costs 99 euros, one week-end is 250 euros... But, maybe they have reduced prices for the people attending the festival?

Anyway, the best solution is to send them an e-mail asking for more details.
Khalie View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2017 at 06:13
Originally posted by Magnum Vaeltaja Magnum Vaeltaja wrote:

Nothing sketchy or suspicious about it; tickets just happen to be (very fortunately!) inexpensive. And it doesn't seem that there's any obligation to stay at the castle for the weekend, though I'd imagine that it would be convenient.

No obligation but certainly convenient because public transports are nearly inexistant outside big cities in France. 

The price of the festival is fair since this type of music is not and was never popular in France and the location is a little isolated. 

That said, I don't find their official site very informative and French is my 1st language. 

(back to lurking mode)

Edited by Khalie - January 08 2017 at 06:15
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2017 at 09:46
Originally posted by Khalie Khalie wrote:

Originally posted by Magnum Vaeltaja Magnum Vaeltaja wrote:

No obligation but certainly convenient because public transports are nearly inexistant outside big cities in France. 

The price of the festival is fair since this type of music is not and was never popular in France and the location is a little isolated. 

That said, I don't find their official site very informative and French is my 1st language. 

(back to lurking mode)

I stress on the isolation of the location: it's not the biggest town in the region and it would be better to find a place near the castle.
Yet, the website of the tourism office of the region gives some informations about the camping sites and other places to sleep and stay (some cheaper hostels, for example):
http://www.ot-villersexel.fr/tourisme/hebergement.htm
 Post Reply Post Reply