Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

King Crimson USA 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TronFlutes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2017 at 06:27
RE: Toronto show. The first day of sale I mentioned WAS the presale day. LiveNation had an easy to find password (which I was using) and sections were reserved for American Express card holders as well. I found out after the fact the only reliable way to order on that day was with a Ticketmaster smartphone app. Either their online software failed or it couldn't handle the onslaught of professional scalper demand. I guess when you have a monopoly, you really don't have to give a crap. Yea, I'm bitter.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2017 at 13:02
Originally posted by Tapfret Tapfret wrote:

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Tickets for Seattle show bought..Man these are going fast! Went on sale at 10PST, I bought at 10:02 and got middle of left section......F*ing ticket bots!!!

I'm going and that's all that matters....

When I go on it says general sales don't start until March 17. I'm confused. Then again, $37 for rear balcony and $100 to be close? Sort of less than enthusiastic about that price, even for the Moore...even for Fripp's Crimson.

Yes public gen sales is next week.....good luck! I am sure some were saved. 
I have an STG (Seattle Theater Group) code to unlock the pre-sale event.

Still the ticket bots blew the first 20 rows out within 1-2 minutes....They are already on StubHub and various other online ticket sites for 2-3x value. I paid $87.00 a pc........I am happy regardless.

Tapfret View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2017 at 21:01

Originally posted by Tapfret Tapfret wrote:

Tickets for Seattle show bought..Man these are going fast! Went on sale at 10PST, I bought at 10:02 and got middle of left section......F*ing ticket bots!!!

I'm going and that's all that matters....

When I go on it says general sales don't start until March 17. I'm confused. Then again, $37 for rear balcony and $100 to be close? Sort of less than enthusiastic about that price, even for the Moore...even for Fripp's Crimson.

Yes public gen sales is next week.....good luck! I am sure some were saved. 
I have an STG (Seattle Theater Group) code to unlock the pre-sale event.

Still the ticket bots blew the first 20 rows out within 1-2 minutes....They are already on StubHub and various other online ticket sites for 2-3x value. I paid $87.00 a pc........I am happy regardless.

I think at this point I would rather see 3-4 smaller shows at Croc for the same total cost. Or 2 shows and and chile rellanos for me and my wife. 

What are your STG dues if you don't mind me asking?
There is no act more pretentious and self-indulgent than labeling another's art as pretentious and self-indulgent.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2017 at 10:54
^ No dues...just sign up for the news letter.

Tapfret View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2017 at 12:01
Will definitely do that. Thanks.
There is no act more pretentious and self-indulgent than labeling another's art as pretentious and self-indulgent.
Kepler62 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kepler62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2017 at 17:17
Originally posted by TronFlutes TronFlutes wrote:

RE: Toronto show. The first day of sale I mentioned WAS the presale day. LiveNation had an easy to find password (which I was using) and sections were reserved for American Express card holders as well. I found out after the fact the only reliable way to order on that day was with a Ticketmaster smartphone app. Either their online software failed or it couldn't handle the onslaught of professional scalper demand. I guess when you have a monopoly, you really don't have to give a crap. Yea, I'm bitter.

What happened to the days when you would skip school and  line up at Ticket Master at 6 AM in the morning? 
Tapfret View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2017 at 17:34
^Ticket Master was the beginning of the end for fair ticketing. The fairness of a lineup ended when venues outsourced.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic