FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedquip azure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: quip azure
    Posted: January 13 2017 at 11:56
We are a young quartet from Norway, comprised of guitar, bass, keys, drums and vocals. We are inspired by a range of different artists, but especially our compatriots in Motorpsycho have been a massive influence, both in regards to their creative output and their attitude towards usic in general.

We recently recorded one of our longer songs, and any feedback would be valuable to us. The lyrics are in Norwegian, but hopefully this will not be of any concern to you.

Rollerblades
Watchmaker View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2017 at 13:10
You know what? I liked it! Not exactly crazy about it, but, for a new band, it is pretty promising. I listened to the song you presented above and the other one you have uploaded on YouTube. The Norwegian vocals are not an issue for me and, I guess, for no-one in this forum. I mean Anglagard did the same with their debut (in Swedish) and look where they are now. But, if you have a broader audience in mind, you should maybe take English lyrics into consideration, too. As far as the music is concerned, I found it interesting and uplifting (except if the lyrics are about suicide or something LOL). The longer song would make a good album closer in my opinion. The other one is good too. Two things I would change:
1. The instruments could have had more space to "breathe". You could also use the piano less often (especially in Lightyear Disciple), so it really pops out when you actually use it.
2. Are these demos or something? I'm no expert when it comes to mixing, but I bet they need some serious work in that regard.

And thanks for introducing me to Motorpsycho. I didn't know that band.
noni View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2017 at 13:21
The music is very good and I like the keyboards.   My only criticism is the vocals sound extremely weak for this kind of music..  I was impressed though!!Smile

biglevel View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Cherry Spam from Vietnam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2017 at 18:36
What inspired you really have great effects on you. I like that music dude.
 Post Reply Post Reply