Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBarock Project new 2017 album!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barock Project new 2017 album!
    Posted: January 17 2017 at 09:32
Hug WELCOME BACK BAROCK PROJECT Hug
Following the sales boom of Skyline (2015) and top rate live album 2016 "VIVO", the Italian power team delivers a new album. For now all we know is...12 tracks... 1 super Brit Special Guest and... mystery on new lead vocalist...
What is Master Chef Zabbini cooking for us, this time? 

omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2017 at 17:23
 I like the arc of Barock Project's career so far.  Talented composer. 

Edited by omphaloskepsis - March 24 2017 at 07:33
Rosscoe View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2017 at 05:07
Great stuff!
I just hope they don't take so long to make the download available this time!
Blinkyjoh View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2017 at 14:32
Great News. Although after enjoying skyline so much, i think i'll miss the singer!

Barocknroll View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2017 at 10:23
Here we go! Today, 10 February 2017, the full story (and a little bit of music) was revealed.
And PRE-ORDER CAMPAIGN just started!
Barock Project "fifth" studio album DETACHMENT will be released on March 20, 2017.

Here's the press announcement:

Pre-Order launch from February 10 to March 15 for the much awaited new album of Italian prog symphonic rock band

Barock Project. The fifth studio album leads into their second decade of musical life.

DETACHMENT: a musical journey of 75 minutes with Barock Project!

BAROCK PROJECT

DETACHMENT    (video showreel)

(featuring the very special talents of Peter Jones)

Detachment is the key to evolve...

... pre-order opens 10 February

On 20 March 2017, Barock Project will release their sixth album, a CD entitled DETACHMENT.

The fifth studio album for the Italian band, opening their second decade of history in a steady rise into  the prog symphonic rock world.  Following the 3 reprints of Skyline (2015) and the double live CD Vivo (2016) acclaimed by international press and sales in 40 countries, the band delivers a brand new set of music after a full year of studio sessions started as soon as former vocalist Pancaldi left Barocks. Thirteen tracks that take the listener on a magical musical tour around rock, symphonic, jazz, folk, metal, electronic and even distant hints of oriental and flamenco, led by the versatile instrumentalist Luca Zabbini, this time also lead vocalist and unstoppable composing soul of Barock Project.

DETACHMENT is an album far more straight and essential than previous, less muscle and more substantial elegance, a choice made for a communicative reason that is perhaps more directed to the band itself. As announced by Zabbini: "I started so many years ago writing music to feel good, I think this is the main reason why I do it. And at times you realize that you can do very well without writing long and complex suites, basically forced by the fact that this music labeled "Prog'' must necessarily have all these features to be it. But I think that this, too, can be considered kind of a ''Detachment'' ... and so I felt free to write more easily. I always thought that if the music I write comes from within then it is honest. And if I'm honest with myself, I'm happy. "

The musical approach stays elegant, serious but communicative, respectful of traditions but in line with contemporary music evolution. Very special Guest in DETACHMENT, the British vocalist Peter Jones (Tiger Moth Tales, Camel, Red Bazar, Colin Tench project...) signs three beautiful lyrics and performs his warm and magical singing on two tracks.

From Friday February 10th the album is in Pre-order on the web at www.pledgemusic.com/barockproject with a formula that allows you to make exclusive items of the reserved band to buyers in the period previous  the album release.

Barock Project

Luca Zabbini – piano, keyboards, acoustic guitars, lead vocals https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif

Eric Ombelli – drums

Marco Mazzuoccolo – electric guitars

Francesco Caliendo - electric bass

Peter Jones - Lead vocal on "Broken" and "Alone"

DETACHMENT tracklist:

·         1. Driving Rain 1:03

·         2. Promises 5:05

·         3. Happy to see you 7:37

·         4. One day 7:23

·         5. Secret therapy 5:37

·         6. Broken (ft. Peter Jones) 9:10

·         7. Old Ghosts 4:07

·         8. Alone (ft. Peter Jones) 3:14

·         9. Rescue Me 4:55

·         10. Twenty years 6:06

·         11. Waiting 5:43

·         12. A New tomorrow 7:39

·         13. Spies 7:23

Info:

Barock Project:

www.barockproject.net

Barock Project Facebook:

www.facebook.com/barockproject 

Perksinprogresso View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2017 at 08:54
As pledger of the pre-order campaign I got to listen to an exclusive full size preview of the sing "Happy to see you" music by Luca Zabbini and lyrics by Peter Jones.
And what a amazing song it is guys. The middle of the track is superb, with the hammond sound then some jazzy sound and then the transition to the brilliant guitar solo !!
I can really say I look forward to this upcoming release, they managed to put together two brilliant genius in terms of composition and music mutitasking like Luca and Peter... I can just imagine what the end result will be.
Also a special mention to Luca Zabbini's lead vocalist role. Straight from his heart, fully passed my emotional test!
Don't know if you will be able to preview a short video of it...
http://www.facebook.com/barockproject/videos/1375636585809426/

The album is on pre-order at http://www.pledgemusic.com/barockproject
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2017 at 09:34
40 dollars is kind of steep for a cd.   
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2017 at 09:46
Originally posted by omphaloskepsis omphaloskepsis wrote:

40 dollars is kind of steep for a cd.   

I see what you say. Consider this, though.
40$ is for an autographed CD and it is about 35€. Regular CD is $35 (from the US) which is 32€ and of course is postage included which counts about 8€ from Europe.
so 24€ would be still higher price but pre-order comes with lost of extras, like getting to hear the album on March 10 (via download) before anyone else, getting extra surprise items in the postage, above all enjoying extra video and audio files as ACCESS PASS when you pre-order (that's how I got to hear HAPPY TO SEE YOU).
It is clearly a some sort of fundraising to help the band and their indipendent label recover the investment for the album, but in today's industry I would call it a fair deal for those who are fans. The rest can surely wait March 20, it will be available at the band's shop for 15+postage, no extras this time Tongue
I got to speak to band members...and luckily (or deserved) it is working very good.

Edited by Perksinprogresso - February 21 2017 at 09:49
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2017 at 03:31
Just published by the band.

I found it interesting, especially his wanting to "break the cage" of long and complex suites and still "stay prog".
What do you think?

Edited by Perksinprogresso - February 27 2017 at 03:32
AnnekeArv View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2017 at 04:24
Today is the release of the new studioalbum of Barock Project - Detachment!! I already have the CD and listened multiple times. It is really a masterpiece, beware it is addictive... Multi instrumentalist and composer Luca Zabbini did it again and even better!! The music takes you thrue Your Own live, Peter Jones of Tiger Moth Games wrote 3 songs and sings on 2 .. What a great team!! When you are a Barock Project lover or a Progressive Rock lover .. Detachment is one to have!! And from to day available.
Underlander View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2017 at 09:33
Rating of the detachment album of Barock Project:

The album of the year 2017 for me and finally I hold it in the hands. After some downloads, which Pledge Music has already published in advance, my curiosity was hardly to curb. When I saw through the post today, the envelope from Rome lay in my hands. With nervous fingers torn open the envelope, the good piece from the packaging rausgeholt, hinged up and from thus into the player.

"Ali Ibn Abi Talib is looking at me from the booklet and delicate sounds are coming out of the player. "Driving Rain" ... the intro is a gentle instrumental opener that Luca Zabbini conjures up from the keyboards.

"Promises" follows the opener forcefully, dynamically and with a lot of rhythm. Here you can see how much energy the entire album has. Eric Ombelli lets the drums sound neatly. The change between gentle and hard phases is so sharp and exciting ... I'm curious about the next pieces.

Also the next piece "Happy to see you" is exactly what I expected from Barock Project. I was able to see the play live in Zoetermeer at the Progdreams Festival. At that time, it took me already. So much emotions, so beautiful Melodiefolgen, dreaming ... suddenly suddenly rebounds and then falls back into clear structures. My foot jumps to the beat, I close my eyes and am back on the concert ... the organ mixed with spinet sound ... quite fantastic!

"One Day" comes in the first very melancholic, which I really like. The good Mr. Zabbini manages to bring back a lot of emotion as a mastermind in the melody sequence. I can not change it ... here again, so beautiful abrupt transitions, sudden pressure in the piece, again falling back into gentle sounds, everything paired with a pressureful piano ... perfect!

"Secret Therapy" - has a lot of pressure on the boiler. The distorted guitar in the backround paired with percussions, acoustic guitar and singing match perfectly. The chorus is catchy, almost too catchy for Prog, which is then made up again by the quick and surprising change in the stanza.

"Broken" - a piece which I was already able to see live and was already enthusiastic. From the album so far one of my favorite pieces. This piece could have been at least 10 minutes longer. The first piece of two on this album incidentally, which was accompanied by the wonderful Peter Jones.

"Old Ghosts" - almost gloomy for the sound of Baroque Project, the drums are guided by the snare and create an almost already hectic mood, which is compensated by the singing again. Both together play this piece ... suddenly an abrupt interruption, spherical sounds of the keyboards with gentle vocals in the background and a quiet fadeout.

"Alone" is a piece, which expresses a feeling in music and text, which I can not only understand very well in the approach. Sometimes you need exactly that! Lonliness! The second piece is accompanied by Peter Jones. A very, very gentle ballad with a bit of sadness and a lot of emotions. Wonderful!

The ninth piece of the album is "Rescue Me" - like somehow all the pieces of the detachment album, this piece is hardly predictable. At the first moment, you wonder if the complexity is missing, but then the next bend is making the piece and suddenly throws the piece out of the way. Short choruses, quick changes to the verses ...

"Twenty Years" - starting as a gentle ballad then changing in spherical sounds. I love these bills! Then almost hard riffs of the electric guitar by Marco Mazzuoccolo ... a sudden cleanly coordinated interplay of Eric Ombelli's drums in combination with the bass of Francesco Caliendo. Then again symphonic sounds of Luca Zabbini ... much wonderful musical melody sequences ... and all in a little more than 6 minutes ...

The eleventh piece on the Longplayer "Waiting" - is more than adapted to the album. As before, each piece has its very own structure, is completely different from all other pieces and fits completely. Has groovy parts, which then switch into straight, rocking parts and then suddenly suddenly be replaced by almost amusing keyboardists, slip into classical pianoklength and then suddenly become straight again. Continuous changes in tempo- ration do not make any boredom after the eleventh piece.

"A New Tomorrow" - a beautiful midtempo song with constantly changing musical units, some already hymnsome singing inserts. I also like the Hammond sound, which is suddenly replaced by acoustic guitars ... sometimes plucking, sometimes beating and then suddenly suddenly the character and emotion of the play change ...

The 13th and last piece of the album ... "Spies" ... I could not stop grinning after I heard the play. It starts and you can see clear structures, clear rhythm, wonderful stanzas, then a very catchy chorus and I think "Okay ... a good end for a strong album!" ... then after two and a half minutes suddenly the pressure builds up, then Suddenly changed into piano sounds which bustle and suddenly change everything ... slightly jazzy-breathed rhythms, which build up suddenly pressure again. The entire piece of music develops constantly changing, becomes gentle, then again rocky, again dreaming and then again with a lot of pressure on the output melody ...

The whole album is a fantastic masterpiece, there is no piece that does not bother me. Baroque Project have, it seems, developed in any case. And this development is consistently positive and not, as in many other bands, a character change. Whoever likes the sound of Baroque Project will not be disappointed or disappointed by this album. Misteriose Voci, Rebus, Coffee in Neukölln and Skyline are perfect as a studio album, "Detachment". What surprised me a bit is that the piece "My Silent Lake" on the live album "Vivo" is not to be found on "Detachment". No Punkabzug ... in any case, the album is really outstanding and for me the album 2017. Hopefully we can see Barock Project again in the not too distant future again live in Germany or Benelux. Thank you very much for this masterpiece!

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2017 at 07:39
Interesting review.  Thanks for posting it.  Has anyone else heard the album?  What did you think?
noni View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2017 at 09:55
This is a brilliant album indeed!....Smile
Barocknroll View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2017 at 03:40
NEWS UPDATE FROM THE BAND MANAGEMENT:

The album DETACHMENT was released successfully on March 20, 2017.
The pre-order campaign showed a lot of interest and copies and extra rewards were shipped to 25 countries!
Now the album is available online at the label shop at the band's website and on Bandcamp also in digital download loseless CD quality. 
Selected distributors and shops worldwide carry DETACHMENT and a special edition was released in Japan (with one bonus track) on March 20 also.

Here is a special track, featuring Peter Jones on vocals, from the album, called BROKEN

All news and updates can be found on the band's website www.barockproject.net
 Post Reply Post Reply