Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Genesis or Spectral Mornings II

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which do you like better?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
19 [73.08%]
7 [26.92%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HackettFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Genesis or Spectral Mornings II
    Posted: February 02 2017 at 23:35
What do you think about this second head to head? Both kind of short witty lighter pieces.
A curse upon the heads of those who seek their fortunes in a lie. The truth is always waiting when there's nothing left to try. - Colin Henson, Jade Warrior (Now)
Flight123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flight123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2017 at 02:46
Hackett always used to encore with 'I Know What I Like' in the late 70s/early 80s.  Happy memories!
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2017 at 03:39
I know what I like by a narrow margin..

I can take or leave both songs.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2017 at 06:08
Again, my vote goes to Hackett.
HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HackettFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2017 at 07:34
Originally posted by Flight123 Flight123 wrote:

Hackett always used to encore with 'I Know What I Like' in the late 70s/early 80s.  Happy memories!
True. This poll is something of a Hackett vs. Hackett. The good news is Hackett wins no matter what! But with nothing against I Know What I Like, Ballad of the Decomposing Man leaves my internal organs giddy. The use of that old-timey style makes it a real gem.
A curse upon the heads of those who seek their fortunes in a lie. The truth is always waiting when there's nothing left to try. - Colin Henson, Jade Warrior (Now)
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2017 at 08:11
Easily I know what I like---------
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2017 at 08:29
Not the slightest sign of context here. The first half of Hackett's piece sounds more or less like a lost ditty intended to be on the Beatles' self-titled white double album, the second half is just ... rot. I Know what I like.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2017 at 10:13
Genesis for me
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2017 at 12:24
I Know
Raise the dead! Out to the cemetery, come on everybody!
Progosopher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progosopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2017 at 13:45
I will be among the first to defend Hackett's strange ballad, but I Know What I Like manages to transcend its pop nature and thus gets my vote.
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2017 at 13:00
IKWIL +1
Welcome to the middle of the film.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic