Originally posted by Xurtio Xurtio wrote:

Politics makes us mean and dumb:

http://emotionresearcher.com/politics-makes-us-mean-and-dumb/

Great read! Clap
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2017 at 13:06
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2017 at 15:41
looks as if Scott Pruit is just the right person for being head of the EPA:

http://tinyurl.com/zjoxz26

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2017 at 16:30
^only if you don't care about the planet
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2017 at 17:16
Originally posted by timothy leary timothy leary wrote:

^only if you don't care about the planet

I was being sarcastic

Edited by BaldJean - February 22 2017 at 17:46

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2017 at 21:02
I knew that

JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2017 at 00:32
Originally posted by js (Easy Money) js (Easy Money) wrote:

Surely Trump's rise to power via immigrate bashing has scary parallels to the Nazi party, and his cozy relationship with Putin is also disturbing, but his possible impeachment would be a double-edged sword for the US.

Most House Republicans would much rather work with Pence than Trump, and of course Trump's impeachment would make that possible. Whereas Trump is a mixed bag on many issues dear to Republicans, Pence is in lock step with the Republican establishment and would be able to get a lot more of their agenda accomplished.

I wouldn't mind seeing Trump impeached, especially since he comes across as such a complete jerk, but the emergence of a more professional and polite President Pence does not equal sunny days ahead for the US.

And I think nearly every single liberal, heck probably many moderates too, would be ill at the thought of "President Pence" and it's absolutely no sunny days ahead...Pence is a terrible human being (I am OK saying that) and total loon. However I'd argue Trump has abandoned his "hit or miss" history and seems to have gone pedal to the metal hardline Republican. He has stuck to his hardline social conservative rhetoric, just yesterday he put out his reversal of the Obama era pro transgender bathroom rules, and before that plans to go ahead with deportation of certain undocumented workers. 
And economically...they love his massive tax cuts and slashing of regulations, but he also has appointed an extremely anti government believer (Mick Mulvaney) as budget officer, an opponent of public ed, and has supported Heritage Foundation budgets and hiring freezes. 

As always, who knows if any of this is what he believes, or if he cares. But I think Trump is just as lock step as Pence. Trump is a blank slate (except for on immigration and Russia) to be used by whomever. 
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2017 at 00:40
Speaking of massive tax cuts....
The latest result from Sam Brownback's "live experiment" are in: It continues to be a failure. So much so much of his party has accepted it. 

So Brownback cut taxes for the wealthy and many businesses in Kansas, claiming it would spur on growth. 
This never happened, just leaving them with a huge deficit, which he tried to close with drastic cuts to education and raising taxes that fell hardest on the middle down. 
Guess all this still wasn't enough...the state legislature (dominated by conservative Republicans) passed a bill repealing his tax cutsShocked
Which he vetoed...and the legislature fell 3 votes short of overriding. http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article134334184.html
As this article says, he's off to spend the rest of the week in DC while the state now has to grapple with a new way to close their $1 billion gap. 

Class warfare exists, it's waged by the top on all the rest of us! And Brownback....what a fiscally irresponsible a****le! 
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2017 at 05:56
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

Speaking of massive tax cuts....
The latest result from Sam Brownback's "live experiment" are in: It continues to be a failure. So much so much of his party has accepted it. 

So Brownback cut taxes for the wealthy and many businesses in Kansas, claiming it would spur on growth. 
This never happened, just leaving them with a huge deficit, which he tried to close with drastic cuts to education and raising taxes that fell hardest on the middle down. 
Guess all this still wasn't enough...the state legislature (dominated by conservative Republicans) passed a bill repealing his tax cutsShocked
Which he vetoed...and the legislature fell 3 votes short of overriding. http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article134334184.html
As this article says, he's off to spend the rest of the week in DC while the state now has to grapple with a new way to close their $1 billion gap. 

Class warfare exists, it's waged by the top on all the rest of us! And Brownback....what a fiscally irresponsible a****le! 

nomen est omen. of course someone named "Brownback" is an a****le Wink

npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2017 at 06:31
And a wetback would be anatomically almost impossible.
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2017 at 16:42
this is the most alarming statement I have so far heard from someone of the Trump administration

http://tinyurl.com/z437vz6

this should ring every alarm bell in any person who believes in democracy. Bannon openly declares that the Trump administration wants to "deconstruct an outdated system of governance". this is extremely similar to Nazi rhetoric of the Weimar republic. "the womb is fertile still from which that crawled" (Bertolt Brecht)

The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2017 at 17:17
I can smell the alcohol wafting from a Bannon photo.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2017 at 17:44
hahah.. all of DC is awash in booze man...I can smell it here across the river.. and damnit...  I'm only on my 6th week of sobriety. One more reason to add to my running tally of how much life sucks these days thanks to 'Trump voter'. AngryLOL
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2017 at 17:50
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

this is the most alarming statement I have so far heard from someone of the Trump administration

http://tinyurl.com/z437vz6

this should ring every alarm bell in any person who believes in democracy. Bannon openly declares that the Trump administration wants to "deconstruct an outdated system of governance". this is extremely similar to Nazi rhetoric of the Weimar republic. "the womb is fertile still from which that crawled" (Bertolt Brecht)

ehhh...  powerful forces will make sure that never happens of course.  Emperor Trump already discovered the judiciary as a roadblock to ruling this country by his dictacts (umm executive orders) rather than governing through actual legislation..  pray he doesn't discover just much the military really loathes him, especially the top brass, and tries to push them into actions they think go against our core values.

On that note... about spit my iced tea on the monitor when I read of Trump's 'miliary actions' against the undocumented residents here. Oh boy.. someone get that man a book on the law before he gets himself impeached LOL
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2017 at 03:58
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Yes, it must be nice to have a limo drive you to your park bench at the end of a hard day.

Edited by SteveG - February 24 2017 at 04:01
Tillerman88 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2017 at 07:03
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Yes, it must be nice to have a limo drive you to your park bench at the end of a hard day.

Well.......go tell Sir Evelyn de Rothschild LOL

BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2017 at 09:12
Friede and I just watched today's Donald Trump CPAC speech live. we believe he could have said whatever he wanted, and they would have cheered him. most of the time he did not really say anything, he just repeated his usual catch phrases.

Frede actually said the speech reminded her of the infamous Sportpalast speech of Joseph Goebbels in which he asked the German people if they wanted total war

Edited by BaldJean - February 24 2017 at 19:01

BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2017 at 16:21
and the war against the media continues:

http://tinyurl.com/hvw4uu7

The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2017 at 16:51

"The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them." -- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington, 1783

Still don't believe we have the makings of a corporate dictatorship? How about Steve Bannon, the resident drunken fascist in the White House (who, by the way, makes Dick Cheney look like Lincoln emancipating the slaves), said, "if you look at these Cabinet appointees, they were selected for a reason, and that is the deconstruction." This administration is intent on destroying the Republic -- its freedoms, its environment and its people, starting with the easiest marks, the immigrants, then other religions and then people who don't "fit in" socially (like the LGBTQ folks). It is already happening (and I would suggest reading William Shirer's "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" to see the parallels with Nazism -- in such a way did they start). Their interests are not constitutional. Their goals are not to better America.

These people are full of sh*t. They are dangerous. They need to go.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 434>