Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 434>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2017 at 07:49
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

Originally posted by timothy leary timothy leary wrote:

I would like to point out your tendency to demonize any views contrary to your own. >>>>>

Big Micky would never do that.

LOL nahhh... never...

Tim.... you don't have to point it out. I'm very well aware of it. Smile It is a black and white moral issue in my mind of right and wrong and there is no middle ground so I have no problem demonizing. Either you stand against racism or you support racism, be directly by admitting you are racist.. or worse... I at least respect those that admit it.  Racism is born of many things and I don't judge the individual.  I've been friends with those who fully admit it.. it was what they grew up in.. and were raised to be. You don't suddenly flip a switch and become enlightened ... I tried what I could to help 'enlighten' them but otherwise..  still could be and were friends.

what is worse... IMO are those that support those the racists, bigots, and general race baiters with their votes be it through ignorance of the politics involved and just what their vote is supporting... or inability to admit they are racists or bigots.

Edited by micky - April 16 2017 at 07:54
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2017 at 08:28
LOL

Edited by timothy leary - April 19 2017 at 15:13
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2017 at 09:59
anyhow... back to reality.... which the House will have to face when it returns from its little vacation having faced the wrath of their constituents back home haha (nice touch buying into the alt facts all these protesters were bought and paid for or bussed in from 'liberal areas' and thus requiring ID checks to attend to make sure they are indeed actual constituents.. ahhh .. yes they are)

I like the way Politico recently described the quandary Congress has roped itself into.

The notion of ACA repeal... the Zombie it can not raise from the dead.. nor kill.  Will be really curious if the very real fear of losing control of the House drives the House to stand up to Trump and fix the ACA.. not repeal it.. nor let it die/collapse which the voters will excoriate Congress for allowing to happen.

They really are in a no win situation and I'm loving it.. serves them right for putting ideology and party purity/loyalty over responsible governing of all Americans.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2017 at 14:45
LOL

Edited by timothy leary - April 19 2017 at 15:12
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2017 at 15:14
our reality I suppose hahah.  They campaigned to repeal it not caring or even thinking about a replacement. So if guity in taking perverse pleasure in their self inflicted predicament.. so be it.

tsk tsk Tim.  I know you don't particularly care for me and I could really care less if you do or don't but you really do need to work on your reading comprehension Tim. 

I spoke of enlightening in personal terms in my interactions with friends of mine over the years, especially when living in the deep south who had very negative views of minorities. Not here or in my posts here.  Anyhow I doubt I changed any hearts or minds by trying to reason with them but I damn well tried haha. If don't see that those who think discrimination is right or is acceptable for those of different races, sexes, religions or sexual orientations are in need of a little enlightenment then.. well.. I guess we don't really have much to talk about do we.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2017 at 17:53
LOL

Edited by timothy leary - April 19 2017 at 15:12
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2017 at 18:29
anyhow.. back on topic...interesting week to come...

Big election in two days... unlike the Kansas election.. the Democrats are actively going after this one and pouring resources into this contest. Agree with Sanders they should have done it in Kansas as well.. they might have stolen that one if they had. If the double digit (10-30 point) Democratic swings we've seen in nearly all of the special elections since November hold.. they could most certainly win this one as Trump barely won this one in November.  Might be a real wake up call to the Republican Congress to finally consider starting working with (compromising with) the other side. Especially since Trump got wise that he can't do the Tax Reform he wants until heathcare is gutted.. otherwise he has to play ball with the Democrats to get to 60 votes and thus not get the killer income tax reductions for himself and his cronies. Should be a very interesting couple of weeks.. 
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2017 at 04:12
The "reality" of this thread, so far, is that Hillary would have been a bigger hawk than Trump, despite all of Trump's past aggressive and hate filled attacks on virtually Everyone. I suppose that his juvenile behavior somehow makes him a dove to Dems. No wonder why the US is so screwed up. It's not the government that's out to lunch but the US citizen. And if anyone takes offence, then explain why the Repubs are in charge of everything right now. Btw, what does Trump do next, bomb North Korea? Now, that's a real dove for you.

Edited by SteveG - April 17 2017 at 10:07
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2017 at 18:11
lol...  anyone who is able to be offended or take offense Steve has been already been well handled by yours truly

of course the US electorate f**ked this one up... I'd simply be happy to hear any kind of explanation as to what infinitesimal Presidential quality they saw in him prior to the election. 

Anyhow..  today Trump goes after Ossoff down in Georgia... generous man that Donald is.  I suppose he thinks his historically low approval ratings are just alt-facts from the media.  That is a well educated and informed area and electorate that barely supported him in the first place.  I think that was a gift wrapped present for him if moderates swing for him. .and Trump could well drive them into his camp..  they have a better than even chance to win that race.  
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2017 at 18:20
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Btw, what does Trump do next, bomb North Korea? Now, that's a real dove for you.

Trump could be treading on very dangerous ground there.. it is well know that the he is extremely unpopular among senior military generals and I like what Colin Powell said once. you aren't a senior General in D.C within knowing politics and how to play it. They've stopped Presidents before.. one could hope they'd stop Trump. Pushing North Korea too hard would be a colossal disaster.. and I would hope that if the thought entered Trumps mind our Generals would tell him no...  go back to your toy soldiers... push N.K too hard.. into a corner and what do they do.. go out swinging and if they do..hundreds of thousands will die.... this is serious sh*t here.. and again just the reason why we lost our collective marbles electing this idiot
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2017 at 04:02
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

lol...  anyone who is able to be offended or take offense Steve has been already been well handled by yours truly

Handled by "yours truly"? With kit gloves perhaps? You may be many things, micky, but scary and offensive is not one of those traits. Perhaps to the faint of heart or to those that take you too seriously..
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2017 at 18:39
Besides being unaware that Jim Crow laws no longer exist, racist crackers from Alabama don't know Hawaii is the 50th state...

...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2017 at 04:36
"Me Trump. Me get mad. Me bomb everybody!"
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2017 at 06:41
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

Handled by "yours truly"? With kit gloves perhaps? You may be many things, micky, but scary and offensive is not one of those traits. Perhaps to the faint of heart or to those that take you too seriously..

Heart of course not... I'm one one of most easygoing, funloving, nicest, and most respectful people you'll ever meet and I pity those that take me and my online persona too seriously.. life is too short.. but thankfully there are.  It keeps the site interesting for me to find there are still people around I can tweak and get under the skin of. Beer

Anyhow.. back to reality as I like to say.  Interesting week.

Disappointing election result in Georgia, I suppose he still could pull off the run off win but I wouldn't count on it.  However big picture it still was encouraging.  A double digit swing in support from just 5 months ago..  that seems to be a national thing..  local and national... that kind of swing if it continues into 2018 puts over 100 Republican held seats in play.  They won't win many but they don't need many,,, or any.  It will take just 20 something seats to take back the house..  which is IIRC correctly exactly the same number as Republican seats held by districts that voted for Clinton. Which is why every one of those House members fears for their job next year and why they.. not the Freedom Caucus are what is going to stop attempts to repeal Obamacare and or impose draconian Ryan/Trump/havenoCare type of replacement. That blue surge on top of narrow wins means it is likely that nearly all of those seats could flip if trends and Congressional dysfunction continue as they have.

Watching very closely the manuverring to avoid a Government shutdown.  Trump playing hardball.. nice to see Shumer stand his ground. A dollar for dollar swap .. border wall funding for meeting ACA obligations. Ol' Chucky told him to shove it...  wasn't Mexico supposed to be paying for that wall hahah.. Priceless man. Clap

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2017 at 13:05
I am a real nice guy too. I just figured if my fake online persona responded to your fake online persona it would keep the site interesting.Smile
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2017 at 13:51

TRUMP: I'm rebuilding the military. We have great people. We have great things in place. We have tremendous borders. I mention the F-35 because if I can save $725 million — look at that, that's a massive amount of money. And I'll save more as we make more planes. If I can save that on a small number of planes — Gen. (Jim) Mattis (the defense secretary) said, "I've never seen anything like this," because he had to sign the ultimate (unintelligible) ... He had to sign the ultimate, you know. He said, "I've never seen anything like this before, as long as I've been in the military." You know, that kind of cutting.

Eddy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2017 at 13:13
HAhaha! Trumps gunna get re elected again because Democrats have no one to run him against? who will it be????? Another random no name like Obama????? Serious tho thats the biggest problem for the dems. They need to find a solid leader to rally around and challenge Trump. If they pick Warren enjoy losing again lol. Biden is no good how many strokes has he had? Seen his creepy photos grabbing young woman? Just who ???? Democrats need to Figure this out!
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2017 at 13:35
^ No, they just need to be patient: US politics is cyclical more than anything else.   Pendular.   Trump didn't win because he's Trump, he won because he was polaric to Obama.      The next president will be very much unlike Donald Trump.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Eddy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2017 at 14:05
^this is true it does swing back and forth. Usally not as fast as u imply tho.  2 things.

1. Usa latly has a habit of presidents going the full 8 years.

2. Usa has been liberal leaning for a while now. Bush junior was  a pathetic neocon centrist. Now the politics seem to have shifted rightside.

I predict Usa Will be controlled by more rigid Republicans for like 20 years, then it will switch back, unless Trump really starts to just suk bigly and ends up like carter.

Edited by Eddy - April 25 2017 at 14:06
Eddy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2017 at 14:25
Now that i think about it Trump rly isnt even rebublican. Hes an outsider. Hes a Independant. he caters to the rebubs tho more so. Hes our first Independent President. besides washington.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 434>