FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe American Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 434>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2017 at 15:36
Trump has summoned all the senate (like, all 100, I wonder how they'll fit in the oval office) to brief on North Korea. 

We are all going to die so soon...  
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2017 at 15:48
Worse - a slow painful slide to the depths of nuclear winter !
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2017 at 17:23
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

Trump has summoned all the senate (like, all 100, I wonder how they'll fit in the oval office) to brief on North Korea. 

We are all going to die so soon...  

don't tease me man...it will beat dying in a rest home drooling upon ones self and pissing themselves.  I am counting on being vaporized along with the rest of D.C (living here has many benefits and that is one main one)  and escaping the sad fate those in the sticks suffer straight out of a Cormac McCarthy novel.  f**k that...

that said....  perhaps not us.... they can't even fire off a missle at the moment.  But as I posted earlier.. than doesn't mean that Trump isn't in line to singlehandedly push NK into a corner which will likely kills tens.. hundreds of thosands.  Many will be Americans...   he is dangerous. His lack of knowledge or knowledge of world affairs or diplomacy.. compounded by the ideological war his 'alt-righti' have waged on the apolitcal professional State Department means we are treading on very dangerous ground here.  A conflagatation that didn't have to happen... and much like the Bush Light years... made possible by amateurs with no understanding of the area making decisions based on.... well we knew with Bush.. I don't think anyone knows with Trump.
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2017 at 20:47
I'm not worried one of Kim Jong Un sorry missiles will reach us. I'm worried our idiot will eventually cause China or Russia to react.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2017 at 22:33
ain't neither going to war with us over that place Teo. Trump wouldn't be rattling his sword if the Chinese didn't sign off on it. Right? Right???  haha

Besides... the adage of power today still stands. Yeah we don't want to go to war with either China or Russia.. more importantly though.. it is well understood by Putin and Li Keqiang that they really don't want to go to war with us.  Not here. and not over NK Teo. The fear there is both of a human tragedy and global economic disaster.  My fear is that we have been.. dulled by the relative 'ease' of our victories over the Iraqi military x2. Grown a bit too overconfident in our militaries (and technological) albility to 'kick ass' without great loss of life and especially over the effectiveness of air power.  Korea ain't Iraq.  Within hours notice (with next to nill in ground intelligence there to warn us) he could send over 1.2 million troops, armed to the teeth with conventional weapons in very inhospitable terrain (so no aseptic cute CNN 'video game' like camera footage will be coming of 1970's era tanks or trucks trying to outrun missiles on barren flat coverless terrain haha) could desend upon millions within an hour of the border.. and if they do.. if Trump pushes Kim Jung-un hard enough.. much less gets stupid and attacks him. precision weapons or not.. he'll go down swinging.. and it will be a bloodbath. Don't think he doesn't have chemical, biological weapons.. and will sit on them out of moral duty.

ehhh... Trump better know what he is doing in breaking 60 years of policy which Trump, geo-political expert he suddenly has become, suddenly decided doesn't work but kept relative peace on the peninsula.  The fear is of course.. he doesn't.. he hasn't given anyone. Domestic or foreign.. any clue to his competance. My fear.. true fear.. is all this is just a response to his domestic policy defeats and play to his tough talk and to 'kick ass' 

will never be happier to be wrong if I am about Trump on this one.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2017 at 04:02
Trump's accomplishments in the first 100 days:

1) Neil Gorsuch appointed to the Supreme Court.

2) That's all folks.

Edited by SteveG - April 28 2017 at 09:45
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2017 at 13:23
Originally posted by Eddy Eddy wrote:

^this is true it does swing back and forth. Usally not as fast as u imply tho.  2 things.

1. Usa latly has a habit of presidents going the full 8 years.

- I never said the next president would be in four years.

2. Usa has been liberal leaning for a while now. Bush junior was  a pathetic neocon centrist. Now the politics seem to have shifted rightside.

- The US is a conservative country with a strong liberal tradition.   There is no 'leaning'.   People vote for who they like best.

I predict Usa Will be controlled by more rigid Republicans for like 20 years, then it will switch back, unless Trump really starts to just suk bigly and ends up like carter.

- Or Nixon.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2017 at 15:38
Vegas is giving the same odds that we see the 46th President in one year as that we will in 8 years. LOL

Edited by micky - April 27 2017 at 15:39
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2017 at 15:49
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Trumps accomplishments in the first 100 days:

2) That's all folks.

come on man.. we do pride ourselves on being fair and balanced here..

you are not giving Trump enough credit for his accomplishments

Trump's Accomplishments in the first 100 days
1) alienating important European allies
2) starting a trade war with Canada and threatening one with Mexico
3) doing the impossible and energizing and mobilizing the apathetic but much more numerous Democratic Party.

so see.. he has done a lot LOL

then there is Congress 

1) McConnel Finished off with a bullet to the head the Senate (RIP 1789-2017) and gets Neil Gorsuch confirmed after ripping the heart of it out with Garland

quite a 100 days... can't wait what the next 100 brings...  war death ecomomic disaster...  whoo hooo Clap

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2017 at 16:16
and hey.. there is hope for America. Number of the day

93%

The proportion of Trump voters who approve of the job he is doing as president. Which job.. or what he has done.. well.. I suppose they think he's done something. However there is hope.

100% of Trump voters f**ked up royally

at least 7% of them have at least come to understand they did made a mistake in electing an unqualified, lying, unbalanced, psychotic to become President Thumbs Up

The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2017 at 07:52
^Give them 3 extra years, the proportion of Trump voters who will have realized they made a horrible mistake will have risen to an unbelievable.... 10%. 
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2017 at 08:10
LOL  exactly what I was thinking when I posted that... though in today's reality 10% might be hoping for too much just goes to show how uninformed and ignorant the electorate has become. Bad enough electing him..  but 93% approve... of what?  Destroying the credibility of the Presidency.. just as McConnell did in the Senate....perhaps the one real thing he has accomplished in the first 100 days

Then again in the alt-fact, media bias against, bubble world they live in...  he has accomplished a lot I suppose.

btw....  interesting moves going on in the House with the latest attempt to kill the ACA.  Big rush...  not to actually pass a bill that works.. only to beat the forthcoming CBO review..

think about that.. for those 93% sure arent.... they are trying to pass a bill cobbled together merely to pass.. with no thought.. or care.. to what its impact might be.   Hopefully the moderates continue to hold this up, perhaps they among the whole group of Republicans on the hill are smart enough to realize they can't vote on a bill without knowing just what the damn thing will do to their constituents.
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2017 at 08:25
Gun Control: President Trump signed a bill nullifying an Obama-era rule aimed at blocking gun sales to people found to be mentally ill.

This makes sense.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2017 at 08:29
oh gun control.... now if there is one issue in which I have flipped numerous times over.. that is one. I see both sides.. and agree in part with both sides.

but that? Agreed Tim... Thumbs Up  makes no sense.
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2017 at 09:02
We need more guns in schools and in bars and in stadiums. Other than that I think the NRA is doing a great job. 
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2017 at 09:47
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Trumps accomplishments in the first 100 days:

2) That's all folks.

come on man.. we do pride ourselves on being fair and balanced here..

you are not giving Trump enough credit for his accomplishments

Trump's Accomplishments in the first 100 days
1) alienating important European allies
2) starting a trade war with Canada and threatening one with Mexico
3) doing the impossible and energizing and mobilizing the apathetic but much more numerous Democratic Party.

so see.. he has done a lot LOL

then there is Congress 

1) McConnel Finished off with a bullet to the head the Senate (RIP 1789-2017) and gets Neil Gorsuch confirmed after ripping the heart of it out with Garland

quite a 100 days... can't wait what the next 100 brings...  war death ecomomic disaster...  whoo hooo Clap

Come on micky, you know that I'm as fair and balanced as the next Democrat. Wink
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2017 at 09:48
Originally posted by timothy leary timothy leary wrote:

Gun Control: President Trump signed a bill nullifying an Obama-era rule aimed at blocking gun sales to people found to be mentally ill.

This makes sense.
Yes, to Trump, it does make sense. Sad.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2017 at 10:58
Starting a trade war with Canada?? Confused I assume you mean the softwood lumber duty Canada is being charged to export their lumber to the US?

This duty/tax has been in place since the mid/late 80's, it is nothing new. Nobody said anything, nor knew about the tax when it happened in previous administrations. The negotiations have been going on since last year.
From a home construction cost point of view, the affect is insignificant.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2017 at 13:55
test

One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2017 at 14:12
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Starting a trade war with Canada?? Confused I assume you mean the softwood lumber duty Canada is being charged to export their lumber to the US?

This duty/tax has been in place since the mid/late 80's, it is nothing new. Nobody said anything, nor knew about the tax when it happened in previous administrations. The negotiations have been going on since last year.
From a home construction cost point of view, the affect is insignificant.

Not to mention Canada buys American grown timber and takes it to Canada, mills it out and then resells it worldwide. The duty is part of doing business.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 434>