Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe American Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 434>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2018 at 12:19
What happened was, in essence, targeted advertising at specific focus groups.

Of course it didn't and doesn't work, because, as we all know, advertising has no effect whatsoever. That's why corporations spend billions on it each year.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2018 at 17:01
Originally posted by rogerthat rogerthat wrote:

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

How did anyone interfere in the 2016 elections? Did anybody convince you, sway you to vote a certain way? Did anyone change your mind in how you were going to vote? If so then you were weak in your own opinion or reasoning.
Were any votes changed at the ballot machines? Did any country hack into the voting data base and change votes? Really, if you believe that then you need to keep all your money under your mattress and burn all your credit cards and online accounts as we would have massive gigantic security problems if that were the case.

Stopping other countries from posting ads or anything about a candidate good or bad, will never stop, unless we shutdown the whole WWW.

Did you read the link above about Mexico's elections? They have bigger problems than someone trying to meddle in elections, people are dying there because of their political affiliations, they have their own internal meddling that has been going on for eons....That is what's crazy, but it is more the norm sadly for Mexico and a lot of other countries.

Facebook, Twitter, Youtube postings is not meddling, that's the norm. It's hyped up versions of what we see on TV during campaign season, the back and forth bashing of candidates. 

You need to be smart and read thru everything and make an informed decision. If you are influenced by these "outside influences" then shame on you.

Absolutely.  I am stunned by how many well educated people here forward Whatsapp fake news forwards without checking at all.  They do it so often it almost gets boring to fact check them. The combination of entirely discrediting all established news outlets and blithely believing stuff like Alex Jones is something I can't really work out.  If one is really so sceptical as to doubt a mainstream newspaper or channel, surely a youtube propaganda ought to raise many more red flags. 

Evidently, roughly 35-40% of the U.S. population believes every lie the Trump administration throws out. It was easier for these imbeciles to feed their prejudices through Russian propaganda during the 2016 elections and get all their bogus news from the Fox State Disinformation Network than it was to check the veracity of the reports they were spoon fed by the Russians. It's not like there weren't verifiable reports from reputable news sources available. The Russians and Trump played them with tinfoil hat conspiracy nonsense, and they ignored the warning signs that Trump was ego-driven narcissistic liar.

And by last count, Trump has told over 3000 lies in the first 466 days of his presidency. That's about 6.5 lies a day. They're keeping track.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2018 at 19:14
We live in a country where pretty much you can say anything you want about any group or persons. We can be vocal about our beliefs and even print what we feel or believe, not much will happen if you stay within a reasonable range of correctness. 
There are some groups that get breaks, like many cornhole movie stars who think they are untouchable because of who they are.
Lying is part of being a politician, there are no ethics when you jump into the political arena, whether a politician is telling the truth or not is quite frankly a mute point, your better off pounding sand. Most news sources are in the same boat, they will cater to those that will not change the channel, that's business. It's a very good idea to watch as many news sources as you can, and not just the Clinton News Network......I watch several of them on a regular basis.

I deal with people in all parts of the US as well as a couple different countries. Small companies and ones where CEOs make millions (I wish I made millions!! LOL). I have yet to find anyone who really feels strongly that other than your normal campaign BS, the Russians or anyone else had no effect on the election outcome. The US voter, regardless of party, is much smarter than to latch on to this. Voters saw what the evil Clinton empire was doing and had done, where she was not going to be rewarded with the winning votes. Its not how the US voter works, ask anyone and they will tell you, "yea I would have not voted for Trump, but what choice did I have??"
At the core he just ran a better campaign........You had two candidates with tons of issues and baggage, it really was an issue of picking the lesser of two evil's.
Blame should not be on Trump or Hillary but on each party for what/who they brought forth.

Trump lies, sure he does, keeping tally is well comical.......But the Clinton's murder people who have stood in their way, let's not forget that, the voters have not. That to me is the shameful statistic, how many voted for her knowing what her and her husband have done to people....Hmmm sounds like what goes on in other countries during election time. 
Hillary is wayyyyy out of the range of correctness, and so is Bill who really should keep his mouth shut, not sure how many more feet can fit in that mouth of his.

Voters will have another opportunity soon.......Will be interesting.
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2018 at 19:40

But the Clinton's murder people who have stood in their way,

I don't like the Clintons either, and I didn't vote for Hillary, but could you possibly show me some bona fide proof for this ridiculous accusation.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2018 at 20:40
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

I don't like the Clintons either, and I didn't vote for Hillary, but could you possibly show me some bona fide proof for this ridiculous accusation.

Yes, I read that and the hilarious bit about the "evil Clinton Empire" and knew immediately I would not be engaging in further discussion with the poster. Next, he'll be talking about selling the Russians good ol' Merkan uranium and the insidiousness of the Clinton Foundation. Maybe even touch on Benghazi or Obama's birth certificate. As I mentioned previously, tinfoil hats with nothing in them. 

Meanwhile, 6 individuals either pleaded guilty or have went to jail in the Mueller Investigation, with Trump's personal attorney also about to turn state's evidence. Everyone in the Trump administration, it would seem, has met and lied about meeting Russians, from the ex-National Security Adviser to the Attorney General to the Campaign chairman to Trump's own son and son-in-law to the coffee boy. We have Russian and Ukranian money laundering through Trump's companies (and from Manafort and Michael Cohen), meeting with spies, obstruction of justice, and hacking by a Russian intelligence officer of the GRU. 

In addition, every U.S. intelligence agency states without equivocation that the Russians attacked us and will continue to attack us because nothing is being done to stop it, and the alleged president not only refuses to direct any defense against Russia, but refuses to enact sanctions voted overwhelmingly by congress; on the contrary, the alleged president has tried since day one to eliminate the sanctions, as well as put the Russians back in the G7 -- and yet the alleged president distances us from our own long-time allies through insults and threatened tariffs, caves into concessions with North Korea, takes $500 million in investments from China for his personal company while at the same time he tries to lift the ban on the sanctioned Chinese company ZTE, as well as backs out of the UN Human Rights Council because throwing crying infants and toddlers in detention camps behind chain link fences is antithetical to human rights.

Top it off with coal cronies, petrochemical lobbyists and corporate whores who were appointed to lead the EPA, the Interior, HUD, Education, the Treasury -- Pruitt, Zinke, Carson, DeVos and Mnuchin -- who are enriching themselves and their corporate masters while plundering the departments they were meant to steward, while endangering the health and welfare of the American people and America itself.

Yet this befuddled fellow wants to talk about Alex Jones conspiracies that have been fact checked and found without merit. No thanks. I do look forward to Alex Jones being bankrupted by the grieving families of the Sandy Hook massacre who are suing him for his lies. I hope the b*****d dies of AIDS in prison.

...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2018 at 21:43
Its just as ridiculous as the Russians meddling in our elections. Your hatred of a man who was voted into the White House clouds your thinking...LOL
OMG...of course there will never be any proof come out of what the Clinton's did to so many people in their political life. Any proof is locked away in caskets...you all are funny.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2018 at 22:32

Its just as ridiculous as the Russians meddling in our elections. Your hatred of a man who was voted into the White House clouds your thinking...LOL

The CIA, FBI, NSA, Department of Homeland Security and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence all made public statements before congress stating that the Russians meddled in the 2016 election. This is in the public record, and anyone who can read above a 5th grade level can get the information from any number of media sites. But I will help you, and if necessary I am even available to aid you in defining the bigger words in the U.S. Intelligence Community Assessment on Russia's Interference in 2016 available online in full here:

This is from a list of Key Judgments from the Assessment compiled by the CIA, FBI and NSA:

We assess Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered an influence campaign in 2016 aimed at the US presidential election. Russia’s goals were to undermine public faith in the US democratic process, denigrate Secretary Clinton, and harm her electability and potential presidency. We further assess Putin and the Russian Government developed a clear preference for President-elect Trump. We have high confidence in these judgments.

We also assess Putin and the Russian Government aspired to help President-elect Trump’s election chances when possible by discrediting Secretary Clinton and publicly contrasting her unfavorably to him. All three agencies agree with this judgment. 

The intelligence agencies' words, not mine. Actual research, not pulling stinky fairy tales from one's nether regions. But it would seem the lead helmet encasing the vacuous heads of many Trump supporters is immune to proof. They only believe in things that have no proof, or reliable source, and the more idiotic sounding the story, the better. Like Pizza-gate, or grief actors pretending to be grieving parents at Sandy Hook, or Chobani Yogurt importing migrant rapists, or Obama born in Kenya.

OMG...of course there will never be any proof come out of what the Clinton's did to so many people in their political life. Any proof is locked away in caskets...you all are funny.

So, there is no proof, but you repeat it. You believe it without any reputable source. And you wonder why the Russians so easily influenced you? It was like taking candy from a baby. Good thing you weren't hanging around with Jim Jones, you'd have already drank the kool-aid and I wouldn't be having the pleasure of conducting yet another one-sided debate.

Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2018 at 23:01
Originally posted by rogerthat rogerthat wrote:

How did anyone interfere in the 2016 elections? Did anybody convince you, sway you to vote a certain way? Did anyone change your mind in how you were going to vote? If so then you were weak in your own opinion or reasoning.
Were any votes changed at the ballot machines? Did any country hack into the voting data base and change votes? Really, if you believe that then you need to keep all your money under your mattress and burn all your credit cards and online accounts as we would have massive gigantic security problems if that were the case.

Stopping other countries from posting ads or anything about a candidate good or bad, will never stop, unless we shutdown the whole WWW.

Did you read the link above about Mexico's elections? They have bigger problems than someone trying to meddle in elections, people are dying there because of their political affiliations, they have their own internal meddling that has been going on for eons....That is what's crazy, but it is more the norm sadly for Mexico and a lot of other countries.

Facebook, Twitter, Youtube postings is not meddling, that's the norm. It's hyped up versions of what we see on TV during campaign season, the back and forth bashing of candidates. 

You need to be smart and read thru everything and make an informed decision. If you are influenced by these "outside influences" then shame on you.

Absolutely.  I am stunned by how many well educated people here forward Whatsapp fake news forwards without checking at all.  They do it so often it almost gets boring to fact check them. The combination of entirely discrediting all established news outlets and blithely believing stuff like Alex Jones is something I can't really work out.  If one is really so sceptical as to doubt a mainstream newspaper or channel, surely a youtube propaganda ought to raise many more red flags. 

I know you don't, but you clearly don't live in America with a thought like that. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2018 at 03:33

You didn't offer any proof, so apparently you don't have any proof. I didn't think you did.
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2018 at 04:04
I’ve been following this post with interest for the last few days.

For many years now, many people have asked how Nazi Germany even became possible in an advanced
(for the time) and civilized country. How could normal people do or be complicit in this sort of barbaric thing.
In a way this also applies to Yugoslavia in the ‘90s.

Well, you don’t have to look far. It’s practically here, right on this page. Look a bit further up.

Many people hit the roof when confronted with such comparisons, insisting that the situations are not
comparable for such-and-such reasons. But it’s interesting to note that these reasons always concentrate on
minor differences and never on the underlying principle. Jeff Sessions, paraphrased: The Jews were going out,
these people are coming in.

A concentration camp by any other name is still a concentration camp.

America’s always proudly touted principles of checks and balances have been bypassed or dismantled, and are now practically non-existent.

Edited by npjnpj - June 20 2018 at 04:04
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2018 at 05:22
Originally posted by npjnpj npjnpj wrote:

Well, you don’t have to look far. It’s practically here, right on this page. Look a bit further up.

Many people hit the roof when confronted with such comparisons, insisting that the situations are not
comparable for such-and-such reasons. But it’s interesting to note that these reasons always concentrate on
minor differences and never on the underlying principle.

Exactly my opinion, thanks for expressing it so simple  & clear
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2018 at 07:26

It's definitely smart to stay skeptical of all major and minor news broadcasters, especially the 24/7 news channels in America which fill up their time with loads of echo chamber opinions instead of actually presenting news, but by this logic I have to stand by the other guys and tell you that if you are aware that there is no solid proof, you shouldn't preach that stuff in a political discussion because you're basically saying that you'd readily believe some news channels bringing this fact up without proof...
I'm still struggling to figure out what's really so bad about Clinton, her husband didn't flush the country down the drain exactly and she seems to know what she's talking about as well to a reasonable degree. She doesn't instill hope and bring people together like Obama and she seems kind of cold but apparently that alone is enough to make people assume the worst about her.
I guess it's always easier to imagine how bad the things were that someone could have done without people knowing about it than properly condemning things that were done out in the open and without any shame or remorse...
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2018 at 07:29
Originally posted by npjnpj npjnpj wrote:

I’ve been following this post with interest for the last few days.

For many years now, many people have asked how Nazi Germany even became possible in an advanced
(for the time) and civilized country. How could normal people do or be complicit in this sort of barbaric thing.
In a way this also applies to Yugoslavia in the ‘90s.

minor differences and never on the underlying principle. Jeff Sessions, paraphrased: The Jews were going out,
these people are coming in.

A concentration camp by any other name is still a concentration camp.

America’s always proudly touted principles of checks and balances have been bypassed or dismantled, and are now practically non-existent.
Nothing new here. Those outside of the bubble can see racism in all it's forms quite clearly. Those inside are quite blind and, worse, are in total denial. Just like many German people after the war. "We didn't know anything about what was going on." Bull sh*t. 
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2018 at 10:42
Originally posted by twseel twseel wrote:

It's definitely smart to stay skeptical of all major and minor news broadcasters, especially the 24/7 news channels in America which fill up their time with loads of echo chamber opinions instead of actually presenting news, but by this logic I have to stand by the other guys and tell you that if you are aware that there is no solid proof, you shouldn't preach that stuff in a political discussion because you're basically saying that you'd readily believe some news channels bringing this fact up without proof...
I'm still struggling to figure out what's really so bad about Clinton, her husband didn't flush the country down the drain exactly and she seems to know what she's talking about as well to a reasonable degree. She doesn't instill hope and bring people together like Obama and she seems kind of cold but apparently that alone is enough to make people assume the worst about her.
I guess it's always easier to imagine how bad the things were that someone could have done without people knowing about it than properly condemning things that were done out in the open and without any shame or remorse...

The reason the right despises Clinton is because they've been programmed to. This all started when she was First Lady and tried to do something about health care as a policy issue. The right hated her because she rocked the boat and wouldn't play the traditional role of Bill's wife (i.e. "stay in the kitchen"). I remember watching Fox News back in those days. It was a mind-numbing experience. They poo-poo'ed her every day, and with endless repetition, trained their viewers to essentially believe she was the spawn of Satan. And it wasn't just her. Nancy Pelosi was also treated this way. They loved bashing the New York Times and the Washington Post and used the word "liberal" and "feminism" as if they were curse words. In other words, they were a propaganda outfit from the start. There wasn't anything fair or balanced about their programming. And those on the right that couldn't think their way out of a paper bag, fell for it. And are still falling for it.

Most sensible people know Hillary Clinton would have been able to do the job and knew she had the experience. Putin didn't want Clinton to win because he knew she'd fight back. Now Putin has the biggest dumbass on the planet and he's loving every minute of it.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2018 at 13:20
I can't stand partisanship. Coke vs. Pepsi. An idea should stand on its own.

Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2018 at 13:57
I don't follow US politics much but there's something inherintly repulsive about Hillary Clinton. If you don't buy into the Clinton body count as reliably confirmed by InfoWars, just look at what she's done to Bill, he barely looks alive.

As for Putin, the more I listen to him speak the more I love him, extremely charismatic and the greatest living statesman by far.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2018 at 14:11
Originally posted by Vompatti Vompatti wrote:

]As for Putin, the more I listen to him speak the more I love him, extremely charismatic.

Of course he's charismatic, KGB thugs are usually chosen for their charisma, same goes for debt collectors and animal euthanizers.
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2018 at 14:14

]As for Putin, the more I listen to him speak the more I love him, extremely charismatic.

Of course he's charismatic, KGB thugs are usually chosen for their charisma, same goes for debt collectors and animal euthanizers.
So I guess he must be perfectly qualified for his job then.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2018 at 14:15

So I guess he must be perfectly qualified for his job then.

The best that money can buy.   $$$ $$$
Tillerman88 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2018 at 14:41
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Nothing new here. Those outside of the bubble can see racism in all it's forms quite clearly. Those inside are quite blind and, worse, are in total denial. Just like many German people after the war. "We didn't know anything about what was going on." Bull sh*t. 

yeah and as bull sh*t as the act of denying the sad but true similarities ever found in such aforementioned comparisons.
The overwhelming amount of information on a daily basis restrains people from rewinding the news record archives to refresh their memories...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 434>