Topic ClosedThe American Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8990919293 434>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2018 at 18:51
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

^ Democratic centrists(?) vs Republican centrist vs Trump supporter.

We're doomed! Dead

LOL

too funny... you are perceptive Steve. I suppose you are one of the few to really read my posts.  I do consider myself a centrist... I have very left and right leanings depending on the issue.  I agree with some of the things the liberals do, and think some of it complete bullsh*t.. same as the Republican Party.. at least the old Republican Party that we once knew before it became the train wreck has become.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2018 at 18:59
what is Captcha on hiatus again...

Catcha test

Beer

The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2018 at 19:41
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

I have very left and right leanings depending on the issue.  I agree with some of the things the liberals do, and think some of it complete bullsh*t.. same as the Republican Party.. at least the old Republican Party that we once knew before it became the train wreck has become.

Yes, good ideas can come from anywhere, best to keep an open mind. Strict ideologues are a problem, I prefer those that come up with creative solutions. I also have never attached myself to any particular politician as if they were the one who had the answer to everything.
These rabid trump fans are a brain washed sheep herd worshiping their corrupt messiah, but I suppose that's a lot easier than thinking.

Edited by Easy Money - October 17 2018 at 20:04
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2018 at 04:11

^ Democratic centrists(?) vs Republican centrist vs Trump supporter.

We're doomed! Dead

LOL

too funny... you are perceptive Steve. I suppose you are one of the few to really read my posts.  I do consider myself a centrist... I have very left and right leanings depending on the issue.  I agree with some of the things the liberals do, and think some of it complete bullsh*t.. same as the Republican Party.. at least the old Republican Party that we once knew before it became the train wreck has become.
I call my self a centrist but I'll swing way to the left in response all to the Republican BS at times. Logically, someone like Bernie makes little sense to me but emotionally he sounds great. That's not a good way to think politically but we live in such illogical 'Trumpian' times that it can't be helped.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2018 at 07:15

^ oh dear god...  that must be the daily hot topic on loony tunes news.... probably an honest mistake.. and most all 'voter fault' is found to be..... and if the loony tunes propanganda network is amping this up... you know what is coming..

as if intimidating and trying to keep hispanics and minorities from voting in the attempt to keep down 'voter fraud' which fools no one as to its real purpose..  to keep them from voting for the other side..  

now our blessed seniors will be the crosshairs of the Repubican Party hahaha.  Dear God.. what has happened to my country.

god help us all...  what happened to the nation we once had. Where a foundation concept we had, you know, those things seperating us from the despots and bananna republics....was is better to let one guilty man go than to imprison a innocent one.  For a few isolated instances of fraud.. and again.. no wonder the Republicans have never produced proof of widespread voter fraud.. it simply doesn't exist..  just occasional mistakes and gliches...  half this country thinks it is acceptable to attempt to bring back the good old days of intimidating people not to vote.
At the very least, we know that she is a proponent of innocent until proven guilty, so I am pretty sure that she wouldn't jump to any conclusions that these women ARE guilty.

If they are then I hope that it is an isolated incident and that they are prosecuted to the full extent of the law.  It isn't really all that surprising that in a country that had 130 million votes that there are instances of fraud such as this.  Not that 200 or 300 votes is going to make much of a difference in most cases outside of some smaller local contests.  And although this is concerning, the bigger concern is the news on how easy it was for hackers to hack the election machines/computers.  That is far more likely to cause an election to be stolen. 
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2018 at 10:29
^ Indeed, makes me wonder if we're sitting ducks in November since little has been done since Trump has been office.

----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2018 at 10:43
Meanwhile, we're still waiting for Trump to cough up the million he promised to charity if Warren could prove her Native American ancestry, which she recently did. 

Warren's DNA test analysis:

Background on the million dollars:

By the way, if you're into genealogy, these tests are pretty useful. I took a Y-DNA test a couple years ago and found I was related to a male line with a completely different surname. The change probably happened somewhere between the Ulster Plantation and the 19th century. It still doesn't knock down my 19th century brick wall, but shows I have more Scottish in me than I thought I did.

----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2018 at 12:47
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

And although this is concerning, the bigger concern is the news on how easy it was for hackers to hack the election machines/computers.  That is far more likely to cause an election to be stolen.  
Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

^ Indeed, makes me wonder if we're sitting ducks in November since little has been done since Trump has been office.

of course we are sitting ducks.. but let's remember that elections are the domain of state and local officials not the federal government. Some states are taking this seriously, some are more worried about fraudulent voters and other Democratic chicanery...

I think it will happen, if it is as easy as they said it is and create one hell of a mess.  Only then after will action be taken. That is often the way of things these days isn't it? Foresight and prevention.. oh hell no... that costs money and isn't the kind of red meat that gets voters angry and out to vote.

Edited by micky - October 18 2018 at 12:49
IVNORD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2018 at 19:01
Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

Warren could prove her Native American ancestry, which she recently did. 

Wonder why your statement met with deafening silence?

1/1024

Considering the fact that Sen. Warren's mother "was part Cherokee and part Delaware" it makes those respective parts 1/2048 each. 
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2018 at 04:00
^ Being that Warren never used this supposed Native American heritage as any kind of a "race card", who cares?
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2018 at 09:01
How high does the DNA percentage actually have to be?
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2018 at 10:01

I don't care if it's 100% or 0%. This Native American claim is not important to anyone except Trump.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2018 at 10:22
I suppose talking about her DNA is more important than talking about our rising national debt or Putin's plans for the Ukraine.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2018 at 10:40
Trump's too busy praising the Montana governor who body slammed a news reporter last year. The man has his priorities.
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2018 at 11:11
Seems to be important enough to her.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2018 at 11:25
You don't get it. so I'll spell it out for you. Warren never claimed Native American decent in any ways that could have monetarily benefited her such as when applying for student loans, as they would have come to her more easily. Or for jobs such as teaching which again would have given her preference. You are right in assuming that one person aside from Trump cares about this. It's you.
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2018 at 13:36
No, not really. It's how important it seemed to Trump.
IVNORD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2018 at 17:26

^ Being that Warren never used this supposed Native American heritage as any kind of a "race card", who cares?

Sure thing she never used it....

It's the same sort of excuse Trump supporters use to ignore your claims against their beloved president. 
IVNORD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2018 at 17:27
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

I suppose talking about her DNA is more important than talking about our rising national debt or Putin's plans for the Ukraine.

I suppose talking about Trump not releasing his tax returns is more important too.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2018 at 17:58
Originally posted by IVNORD IVNORD wrote:

Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

I suppose talking about Trump not releasing his tax returns is more important too.

^ No, he can't release those tax forms, too much to hide, just part of the life of a con artist.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8990919293 434>