Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe American Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 125126127128129 434>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2019 at 00:49
In that case, it seems that Trump can get the money for the wall together in a relatively short time by just not paying government workers for a while. Problem solved.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2019 at 06:22
^I don't believe that's possible because Congress holds the purse strings.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
IVNORD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2019 at 06:50
Originally posted by npjnpj npjnpj wrote:

In that case, it seems that Trump can get the money for the wall together in a relatively short time by just not paying government workers for a while. Problem solved.
That's a silly joke
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2019 at 09:16
Sorry
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2019 at 11:30
The fat crook surely can take all the taxes and duties he never paid and finance it himself.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2019 at 17:46
“I never said there was no collusion between the campaign or between people in the campaign,” Giuliani told CNN. 

Oh. Isn't that what the initial investigation was about -- Collusion between the campaign and Russia? 

Now, even Fox News is calling out Trump, Giuliani and the whole band of daft Trump apologists.... 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/everybody-do-the-giuliani-shuffle 

Great line from the article: 

"Worst, when the time arrives in the near future when the president may need to make a direct answer to charges he will be all out of dance moves." 
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2019 at 18:21
^ Interesting, though Shepard Smith is among the most 'fair & balanced', even liberal, of Fox hosts so it doesn't surprise me he covered this.   Giuliani has to watch what he says but a slip of the tongue is not evidence of a crime.   We need a lot more than misspeak to get to the bottom of this.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2019 at 19:28
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

^ Interesting, though Shepard Smith is among the most 'fair & balanced', even liberal, of Fox hosts so it doesn't surprise me he covered this.   Giuliani has to watch what he says but a slip of the tongue is not evidence of a crime.   We need a lot more than misspeak to get to the bottom of this.

Giuliani misspoke? He has so many missing spokes, the wheels fell off.

The devolution of Giuliani's bad collusion takes: 

-- July 29, 2018: "When I say the Trump campaign, I mean the upper levels of the Trump campaign. I have no reason to believe anybody else [colluded]. The only ones I checked with obviously are the top four or five people.” 

-- May 16, 2018: “Even if it comes from a Russian, or a German, or an American, it doesn’t matter. And they never used it, is the main thing. They never used it. They rejected it." 

-- July 30, 2018: "I don't even know if that's a crime, colluding with Russians. Hacking is the crime. The president didn't hack! He didn't pay for the hacking." 

-- Dec. 16, 2018: "I have no idea what they're talking about. I know that collusion is not a crime. It was over with by the time of the election.” 

-- Jan. 16, 2019: "I never said there was no collusion between the campaign, or between people in the campaign…If the collusion happened, it happened a long time ago.” 
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2019 at 19:45
^ Seems entirely consistent with the kind of shady doublespeaking lawyer Giuliani is, and again, not prosecutable evidence of anything.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2019 at 05:44
I don't see that even Giuliani sees himself in the role of Trump's lawyer; he's his PR spokesperson with a pedigree, just as Michael Cohen was never his lawyer but his fixer.

Both were once lawyers just as I was once a delivery boy for a food store.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2019 at 14:50

Well.....I think it's pretty obvious (no matter where you stand politically) that people within the Trump orbit and possibly even the man himself wanted to get dirt on Hilliary and were approached by the Russians and did indeed meet with them. What was actually discussed and done is the crux of the matter and whether or not they can show that the man himself was involved. And that's not even mentioning the other unethical and possibly illegal junk as Cohen and others have pointed out (business dealings etc he's done before and after the election). I don't think any intelligent and honest individual (Trump fan or not) thinks this guy and his people didn't pull some fast ones in multiple areas.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2019 at 16:50
shady is one thing Doc...  all politicians are shady and pull fast ones...  

where Trump is going to be a required history class in the future in himself.. and the fools the voted for him a cautionary tale for future generations about paying attention and voting out of ignorance.

It was one thing to have Germans of the 30's brainwashed and led by their noses by right wing populism and hypernationalism.. quite another for our voters with our national and democratic pedigree to have elected some one SO COUNTER to the ideals this nation was founded...

oh.. and is not merely shady.. and pulling fast oness.. but a f**king crook.. thus the final chapter of that future history lesson in the history/civics classes our future generations will be required to take.

having our first and only President serve prison time.. all for things that were readily apparent... prior to even being elected. 
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2019 at 01:33
Wow--  could this really come down to a hotel in Moscow and lying about it?   How sad that would be, and somehow disappointing.

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2019 at 08:25
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

and somehow disappointing.

hah.. you are as smart as you are hot David.

underneath all the anger...  for to be honest that is more reserved towards those that voted for him.

One can't blame Trump for being Trump.. but one can be extremely disappointed in him. I can completely dig that.  

It seems so long ago.. only a mere 2 years.. but less we forget.  Trump ran just as much against the Republican Party as he did Hillary (I mean Democrats). 

I know me and my friends talked of it.. perhaps even discussed it here but after the shock and amazement of his win.. came the recognition that perhaps there was an opportunity here. We, as many, were willing to give him a chance.

He had an opportunity.. a real opportunity not since the beginning of the last century to buck the system and in a positive way.. not the highly negative way he has ended up... throwing a bomb into teh midst of our status quo politics as usual. 

instead of stratling the two parties.. kicking the worst of each and perhaps finding the meeting ground of the best of both.. he went into entrenched right wing mode.  Perhaps in his mind he truly does believe he won in a landslide not by the skin of his teeth as any breakdown of the election clearly shows. Obviously he does not think he has to appeal to anyone other than the right.. 

Oh I suppose he has done that.. tossed a bomb into our politics as usual...but I find it hard to believe anyone outside of the very archaist far left.. and the loony anti-government articles of confederation haha far right would think that what he has been to this country is anything resembling positive..

unless of course one takes the long view.. and he is likely by the time all this plays out.. to have destroyed the right and the Republican Party as a national force.. thus either killing the Republican Party reducing it to a rump regional party with holds only in the deep south and upper midwest.. or forcing the party to blow itself up and remake itself in the reality of 21st century (not 19th century) America.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2019 at 09:19
"... by the time all this plays out.. to have destroyed the right and the Republican Party as a national force.. "

I think we can count ourselves lucky if they're the only things he leaves destroyed in his wake.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2019 at 17:17
today.. the blue collar man has a new hero... and isn't Donald f**king Trump..  in fact.. I'll toss a thousand dollars into the gofundme for the first guy to do this to Trump Tower...LOL

Edited by micky - January 22 2019 at 17:20
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2019 at 18:11
Originally posted by Snicolette Snicolette wrote:

Oh, yes, my most un-favourite Prez of all time, until 45.

Who Reagan? He seems to be one of the more popular presidents of "recent" times. I can actually think of two who are worse(well, at least imo) and those would be George H Bush and Richard Nixon and of course the current "president" but that goes without saying.  Reagan is pretty over rated though. 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - January 22 2019 at 19:13
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2019 at 18:14
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

The fat crook surely can take all the taxes and duties he never paid and finance it himself.

He wants 5 billion but he's only worth 3 billion himself. Actually maybe 2.9 billion now after those hamberders the poor guy had to spend money on. LOL
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2019 at 18:16
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

today.. the blue collar man has a new hero... and isn't Donald f**king Trump..  in fact.. I'll toss a thousand dollars into the gofundme for the first guy to do this to Trump Tower...LOL

Here is the view from inside the building. The guy is lucky he didn't get electrocuted.

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2019 at 18:24
I've seen backhoes take up 14.4 kva and the driver .. runs.. not walks away.  It is fun stuff man...  literally melted the bucket in the arc explosion.  As I know better than anyone having the burns, scars and experience.. there is pretty much no overcurrent protection on that stuff.  He just shorted out the circuits and tripped the breakers as he tore through that building.. as I read.. the building had just been completely and was ready to be turned over the owners. GREAT stuff..  many a toast.. including here went out to him.  Big business can only f**k with little guy so long before they snap..and he will live forever in his moment.

I heard his gofundme page got 1000's of quid just today.. shame it will likely go not to his lost wages.. but his legal defense fund hahah.  Last I heard.. they still haven't caught him yet....  probably holed up in a pub getting all the free drinks he can handle .. but he'll pay for it tomorrow hahah

We saw that at work today and we decided if any of our checks bounce.. we also will be global icons and working class heros and show what a trencher can do to a conversion work van...  not after we run it through the office window and cut the owners 10k desk in half with it....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 125126127128129 434>