Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe American Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 386387388389390 434>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2021 at 10:10
What do you think would happen across the country if the democrats (or even just the media) starting referring to the republican party as The Radical Party of Hate and Division? Republicans (talking heads) love to call all democrats Radical Leftists.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2021 at 10:24
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

What do you think would happen across the country if the democrats (or even just the media) starting referring to the republican party as The Radical Party of Hate and Division? Republicans (talking heads) love to call all democrats Radical Leftists.
They already infer as much so I don't think it would have any effect. Just more lies and deceit from the Dems, who stole the election.

Edited by SteveG - January 26 2021 at 10:25
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2021 at 13:21
Name-calling is never helpful for the democratic process. Just deliver the facts and let the voters come up with the names.

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2021 at 00:45
The Republican Party of the state Oregon passed a resolution stating that the Capital riots were a rigged false flag action done to make Trump and the Republicans look bad. Not surprising coming from the crazy state of Oregon.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2021 at 04:56
The Republicans have apparently not learned anything. As Jean mentioned earlier: They are happily comitting collective political suicide.

SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2021 at 05:01
Originally posted by BaldFriede BaldFriede wrote:

The Republicans have apparently not learned anything. As Jean mentioned earlier: They are happily comitting collective political suicide.
Again, they are appealing to the 74 million strong Trump base. Sounds like they will be around for a long time as the Trump base is not going away.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2021 at 05:20
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Again, they are appealing to the 74 million strong Trump base. Sounds like they will be around for a long time as the Trump base is not going away.

Which is why, as Jean pointed out, they should make certain Trump is convicted in the senate so he can't run for political office again and the Trump party does not get off the ground. For many of these 74 million people will be voting for this party. Sunt pueri pueri pueri puerilia tractant (Latin for "boys are boys, and boys do boyish things").

Edited by BaldFriede - January 27 2021 at 05:28

JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2021 at 05:38

Name-calling is never helpful for the democratic process. Just deliver the facts and let the voters come up with the names.
BTW, I'm playing devil's advocate here...
Doesn't this all fall under the oft quoted 1st Amendment Rights. Say all you want...you have the right. They're just words. (barring direct threats obviously). Don't the D'd need to play the same game as the R's ? You can't play soccer against a rugby team, you'll get killed.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2021 at 06:14

Which is why, as Jean pointed out, they should make certain Trump is convicted in the senate so he can't run for political office again and the Trump party does not get off the ground. For many of these 74 million people will be voting for this party. Sunt pueri pueri pueri puerilia tractant (Latin for "boys are boys, and boys do boyish things").

Why is this hard to understand Friede? The party bends to the will of the people, not the other way around.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2021 at 06:16

Doesn't this all fall under the oft quoted 1st Amendment Rights. Say all you want...you have the right. They're just words. (barring direct threats obviously). Don't the D'd need to play the same game as the R's ? You can't play soccer against a rugby team, you'll get killed.
We'd all like to fight fire with fire but how far does it go? Should Dems also be liers who concoct conspiracies to overthrow legal elections?

Edited by SteveG - January 27 2021 at 06:17
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2021 at 06:40

Why is this hard to understand Friede? The party bends to the will of the people, not the other way around.

Why is this so hard to understand, Steve? The party is shooting itself in the foot. Should Trump really start a party, and he will if the senate does not decide pro impeachment, many of these 74 million people will follow him. And in case you have not noticed: Many of these 74 million people actually think Trump went too far with inciting the riot, and they won't let the Reps get away with acquitting Trump in the senate trial. But these many are of course not the same as the ones who would vote for the Trump party. So the Reps are crumbling on both sides.

SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2021 at 06:42

Why is this so hard to understand, Steve? The party is shooting itself in the foot. Should Trump really start a party, and he will if the senate does not decide pro impeachment, many of these 74 million people will follow him. And in case you have not noticed: Many of these 74 million people actually think Trump went too far with inciting the riot, and they won't let the Reps get away with acquitting Trump in the senate trial. But these many are of course not the same as the ones who would vote for the Trump party. So the Reps are crumbling on both sides.
Time will not bear you out, I'm afraid. But I wish it wasn't so.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2021 at 06:47
To make matters clearer, Republicans see the Dems as a truly existential threat. Foriegners invading the country, the sacking of police power, blacks invading suberbia, etc. And they see their party as the only defence against all of that.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2021 at 07:00

We'd all like to fight fire with fire but how far does it go? Should Dems also be liers who concoct conspiracies to overthrow legal elections?
If the R's are willing to turn a blind eye to the actions of "He Who Shall Not Be Named", who concocted/promoted conspiracies to overthrow legal elections aren't they showing the type of politics/government they are intent on having and engaging in? They certainly don't seem to be signalling otherwise (the BS comments of "time to heal..blah, blah, blah are hollow and mean sh*t).
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2021 at 07:11

To make matters clearer, Republicans see the Dems as a truly existential threat. Foriegners invading the country, the sacking of police power, blacks invading suberbia, etc. And they see their party as the only defence against all of that.

"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together...mass hysteria!"
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Ronstein View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2021 at 07:13

If the R's are willing to turn a blind eye to the actions of "He Who Shall Not Be Named", who concocted/promoted conspiracies to overthrow legal elections aren't they showing the type of politics/government they are intent on having and engaging in? They certainly don't seem to be signalling otherwise (the BS comments of "time to heal..blah, blah, blah are hollow and mean sh*t).

It seems to me that a significant majority of Republicans believe that they are the 'true Americans' and, as such have the right to decide who rules America irrespective of elections or anything else, especially as they 'have God on their side'. For people with that approach, little things like truth, fairness and rationality are just seen as weaknesses. 
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2021 at 07:22
Originally posted by Ronstein Ronstein wrote:

It seems to me that a significant majority of Republicans believe that they are the 'true Americans' and, as such have the right to decide who rules America irrespective of elections or anything else, especially as they 'have God on their side'. For people with that approach, little things like truth, fairness and rationality are just seen as weaknesses. 
YES ! Thank You ! I was wondering when someone would state that. We now move into the area of 'The RIGHT KIND OF christian. The religious right want to claim god and all it's wisdom for themselves. They either don't believe D's can truly be religious or that they are not the right kind of christian, as it is in practically ALL religions. I suppose a Religious Thread would be the better place for that discussion but I not sure if there is one already.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2021 at 07:26

In other words: They see themselves as "Patriots". As Jean already pointed out: Patriotism is the refuge of people who have nothing to be proud of for themselves.

SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2021 at 07:50

boy this trying today. Yes JD, the Republicans are only interested in having power and control and staying in power. I'm glad you finally realized that. And they don't care about fairness or how others see them or how history will see them, in case you're still confused as to who they are. Something that Friede doesn't seem to able to grasp.

Edited by SteveG - January 27 2021 at 07:56
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2021 at 07:56
^Finally?? I've known that all along. They absolutely ignore the cries of minorities being abused by the system and then I hear some lame ass R say it's vital to control the senate to protect the minority (meaning old fat white guys. They are so transparent to all but their own.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 386387388389390 434>